What's new

The Games we play...

Smithy

Strata Poster
Lain said:
HEY GUYS.

Sainsbury's will be selling MW2 for £26 on release day, if you have one nearby. I would expect Asda and/or Tesco to follow suit, but there's nothing concrete as yet.

YES!!!

I was waiting for one of the supermarkets to take the lead knowing the rest will follow. Plus my 10% discount and £12 of clubcard vouchers. Should make this cheap enough for me.

big john

Mega Poster
^^^The actaul RRP is £49.99 for normal and £69.99 for hardened edition but Game are in talkes with activision at the moment to drop the RRP to a more managable £45.99 it dosent sound much but customers like that £5 in there pocket so alls good. Just a warning on the asda and tesco and sainsburys stuff though. People do realise that its only the first 100 copys or so they sell at that price ususally for a big game and also most of the stuff they sell cheep are imports from european countrys like say spain and stuff so yes all good that there pal and all but other shops like hmv game gamestattion and whats left of playtime are really clamping down on these games and will refuse to trade them in. Also on a side note if you have xbox we recieved a email from microsoft stating that some retailers have sent Modern warfare 2 out a week early and people who play these games will have theres accounts banned and there machines locked also this goes for the supermarket stuff to so just be carefull and check what your buying before u buy it so alls good just be carefull guys

Ollie

CF Legend
^Isn't a game a game and different places just sell them at different prices?
And I thought the RRP had been put up by £5 a few months back?

Anyway I went to ASDA this morning and asked about MW2 an they said that they will be selling it from midnight onwards and when I asked about the price they said they won't decide until they get the game in as then they'll look at other supermarket prices for it and price is accordingly so hopefully if they see Sainsburys deal they will try and better it. :)

Big John said:
Just a warning on the asda and tesco and sainsburys stuff though. People do realise that its only the first 100 copys or so they sell at that price ususally for a big game
Not last time when I got World at War. They were selling the game for £20 for release day only. I went along late afternoon and managed to get the last copy on the PS3 they had with the same deal still going and I know they would have had over 100 copys in stock.

big john

Mega Poster
I know that the point im making is this is a bigger game than World@war so expect them to cap the sales. As for the game is a game statement moder warfare 2 has been very heavely modded on xbox to try and stop pirates its not worked very well but if you have a copy with different code to uk pal it will lock your system i think this only applies to xbox TBH as they have had the most problem with pirates im just letting you all know what we have been told thats all. Tbh if i didnt get a massive discount at work i would buy this one from asda too but i will get it cheeper than they sell it so meh. Also on a side not its about 85% confirmed that Game will be selling it at its new RRP of £45.99, But knowing activision they will try to wriggle out of it some how

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah. I'll still probably get it ASDA anyway as it's nearer, it'll be cheaper and I don't think I'd want to trade it in anyway.

Anyway... Am I the first member to complete Uncharted 2 on Crushing mode? :D
Just completed it. Was really difficult and some of the sections felt impossible but when you did it you felt great and had a sense of accomplishment you don't get with games often very more. Still love the game though. It's fantastic. :D

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
^Yeah. I'll still probably get it ASDA anyway as it's nearer, it'll be cheaper and I don't think I'd want to trade it in anyway.

Anyway... Am I the first member to complete Uncharted 2 on Crushing mode? :D
Just completed it. Was really difficult and some of the sections felt impossible but when you did it you felt great and had a sense of accomplishment you don't get with games often very more. Still love the game though. It's fantastic. :D

I think so, ive just started crushing, congratz :--D

Ollie

CF Legend
mrclam said:
Then New Super Mario is out this week, which will be getting my love...
So you complain how FPS are all the same and go and get a bloody Mario game? Bit contradictory. :p

Lain

Giga Poster
Asda will apparently be selling MW2 for £32 from midnight tonight. It's in today's Metro.

It'll be interesting to see if Sainsbury's stick to their uber low price now...

Pierre

Strata Poster
26.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
I went into ASDA again today to double check if the price was for all copies and not just the first 100 like John said they might be and she said that the price is for all of them. Apparently I'm too late to pre-order it but she said if I turn up slightly early (11pm ish) then I should get it. Apparently they're having a big box of them right at the front of the store for the launch. :D
Can't wait to play it.

big john

Mega Poster
Again i repeat to you all for your own good

if you have xbox we recieved a email from microsoft stating that some retailers have sent Modern warfare 2 out a week early and people who play these games will have theres accounts banned and there machines locked also this goes for the supermarket stuff to so just be carefull and check what your buying before u buy it so alls good just be carefull guys

And now the eamils have come from soney too warning us to warn people about the situation so by all means go get it cheep but just be acrefull guys and watch what your doing.

also Kimahri its an 18 due to the airport mission if you dont know what its about just wait but thats why anyways

and for ollie yes crushing is very hard did it about a week ago just need my 2 online trophies for a platinum

Ollie

CF Legend
^Cool. I've got one more trophy to get the Platinum. It's an easy one though so should do it soon. It's the one where you've got to kill 10 enemies in a row with a single punch after softening them up with gunfire. Just got to find the best level to do it on and play it on the right difficulty so they don't have too much or too little health.

And Kim it's an 18 due to some of the intense and disturbing scenes in it. It's been in the press quite a bit and Infinity Ward have had to put certain things before each scene warning people of the content and giving the option to skip it. The main one of these is the section in the Russian Airport. I won't say what happens so nothing gets spoilt but lets just say it's pretty strong stuff.