What's new

The Games we play...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I got GHWT from Asda - cost a tenner. Traded it in a week later for £9. £1 to play it and find out it was ****! I agree with Neal! ;)

To be honest, I use Game and Gamestation a lot because, well, because I can't be titsed trying to sell my old games on eBay. So I use their trade in options a lot to get me cheap/"free" games while ditching stuff I haven't played for months and am unlikely to play (Sega Rally, I'm looking at YOU at the moment). Even if it's just a few quid, it gets rid of the things off my shelf.

However, sometimes the supermarkets just have offers too good though :)

Ollie

CF Legend
I remember I got CoD:WaW on RELEASE DAY from ASDA for only £20 when everywhere else was selling it at £50. One of the best deals I've ever done there. :)
I may check see what they're doing this time. ASDA are great to get games cheap when they are released. Even if they get the stock at midnight they may not start selling them to later in the day. Will have to pop in and ask tomorrow or something.

Lain

Giga Poster
Yeah, I got FIFA 10 for £25 at a midnight launch at Asda. MW2 is a very highly anticipated game, so one would expect similar deals to be had.

Swat

Hyper Poster
I never trade in games anymore. My girlfriend brought me COD:WAW for the 360 when I own a PS3. She brought it offline from GAME. We took it into the local store sealed with an online proof of purchase form the day before it was released and they would only give us £25 trade in credit the same with Gamestation. A new sealed copy of a game a day before release and they would only give us £25 trade in credit or £20 cash ****ing joke.

Lain

Giga Poster
mrclam said:
Lain said:
MW2 is a very highly anticipated game, so one would expect similar deals to be had.

Unlikely due to activision increasing the price by a tenner.

They did increase the RRP, but in all the places I've seen, it's not anymore expensive than any other big new release.

A new sealed copy of a game a day before release and they would only give us £25 trade in credit or £20 cash joke.

Not really. Those places exist to make money, so they're never going to offer you what you could get elsewhere. If it was new and sealed, I'm sure Game has a returns policy you could have used. Failing that, you could have stuck it on eBay for the same price the shops were selling it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, Game have a return to store policy. If you buy from them online, then you can return (with proof of purchase) your game to any store as long as it is still sealed and they will refund you the money.

It's all there as part of their buying policy and it's stated on the email order confirmation.

big john

Mega Poster
Swat Wrote
They said they can't deal with it we would have to send the game back to the depo.

That there is a great wad of bull poo on 2 parts.

1. it stated on all recepts from online good from game that you can return to any stor for a full refund if unopend
2. Game dont really have a depo its more of a huge network of shops you order something and the nerest online stock shop to you ships it out.

so again dont bash game read the polocys and its all there for you to take advantage of

as for the list of games im not 100% Lain ill get one tomorrow and post it for ya but there are about 10 to choose from we are not allowed to say its free we have to say you get it for nothing if you trade 2 in lol i guess its how its worded but yes its free with 2 games traded

big john

Mega Poster
^^ to be honest i think we have all learned not to bite at your childish and pathetic little snipes at everything people dont agree with you on so sorry it wont work

big john

Mega Poster
and just how would you know how game operates please elighten myself and others how are they so bad to you and others as iv said before the sell games at RRP no mark up at all just what publishers say in fact they go out o there way to negotiate lower prices but again only sell at RRP and again if you dont like it buy some where else and stop moaning

Ollie

CF Legend
mrclam said:
I could put a long rant here about the parasites - but it'll only offend you, so i wont bother.
That reminds me as well. Whenever I go into a Game store I always start to feel unwell. I think it's due to it being popular with school children that when they have the day off school if they're ill they go into there and the germs spread or something. I doubt it is that though but 9 times out of 10 when I go into a Game store my stomach feels painful.
Anyway just doing all the crappy bonus stuff on Brutal Legend to get some trophies before I have to give it back tomorrow.

big john

Mega Poster
your all full of **** i knew there was a reson i didnt post in here any more its not the game recomend thread its the ollie mr clam talk bollox thread just to piss people off so to be honet the lot of ya can **** off and go **** yaself i sick of all the **** with ignorant people who dont have a clue what there on about.