What's new

The Games we play...

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
I actually read all of that! Fair comments.

Also, i actually have a rant about Uncharted 2

Since the title update a few days ago it takes $40,000 off you online if you leave a game. I went online, internet crashed and it took $40,00 off me taking me from lvl 15 to lvl 13!! Took me all night to get back up to lvl 15 again.

Being a bit cheeky i went on before school this morning, the game was taking longer than excpected, i had to go to school so i left the game. I went on just and because i left, it took $40,000 off me again, back to unlucky 13!!!!!

:evil:

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm actually thinking about going to a midnight launch at Game for Modern Warfare 2 next Monday. Not sure how busy it'll be though or how early to get there as I've not done one before and this game is going to sell loads. Going to the pub beforehand though so if there's no copies left it's not a complete loss.

kimahri

CF Legend
The Grape Wizard said:
I actually read all of that! Fair comments.

Also, i actually have a rant about Uncharted 2

Since the title update a few days ago it takes $40,000 off you online if you leave a game. I went online, internet crashed and it took $40,00 off me taking me from lvl 15 to lvl 13!! Took me all night to get back up to lvl 15 again.

Being a bit cheeky i went on before school this morning, the game was taking longer than excpected, i had to go to school so i left the game. I went on just and because i left, it took $40,000 off me again, back to unlucky 13!!!!!

:evil:

I hate things like that. Not because of the reasons you've stated but you could be playing the game. nice and happy and you end up playing against someone who appears to be new and decimates everyone and throws off the balance. Halo 3 does this as well (Surprise surprise.). I don't think they realised no one actually cares about those things unless it takes stuff away.

Lain

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
I'm actually thinking about going to a midnight launch at Game for Modern Warfare 2 next Monday. Not sure how busy it'll be though or how early to get there as I've not done one before and this game is going to sell loads. Going to the pub beforehand though so if there's no copies left it's not a complete loss.

If you have it, you can trade in CoD4 to get half off the price. Good times.

Ollie

CF Legend
mrclam said:
Ollie said:
I'm actually thinking about going to a midnight launch at Game for Modern Warfare 2 next Monday.

Having played and completed modern warfare - i honestly dont "get" what all the fuss is about?

I guess it must play better online or something (I dont play online games, especially not console shooters)

It is all about the online now on CoD. It's probably the best and most solid online experience there is out there at the moment. At to that the epic story single player. It's usually great to play through a couple of times but it's so short you can only be bothered to do it a few times. Yes it's another shooter but it's the best of it's kind and feels so polished and fun.
Modern Warfare 2 just looks insane and it's been getting immense reviews. Been looking forward to it for a while now.

Also when I was in Game today I was still laughing at their pricing. You can either get the Eyepet game on it's own for £35 or get the game and PSeye for, wait for it... £35. :lol:
This is silly as other places are only charging £15 for the solus game. Also LBP is STILL £15 pre-owned in Game when you can buy it brand new for about £6 everywhere else. :p

And I didn't know that Lain. Although I still like CoD4.

big john

Mega Poster
Ollie Wrote
Also when I was in Game today I was still laughing at their pricing. You can either get the Eyepet game on it's own for £35 or get the game and PSeye for, wait for it... £35.
to be honest not sure what your looking at as most game stores are not selling the eye pet solus at all as its not cost afective and the ones that are which are not many are selling them at £15.99 so instead of just laughing and moaning here have you ever thought about just poping to the counter and asking if they may have priced it wrong like things do and as for the little big planet thing again if you dont want it dont buy it where not making you and its actually £9.99 pre-owned so again pricing error maybe?. I know it sound like im sticking up cause i work there but im not i just hate it when people have a go at us for selling games at the RRP the producers have given us as said if you dont like it dont but it we not forcing you to. right on to games now.

Played the new wwe smackdown 2010 thing i say thing as short review its crap.

tekken 6 on the other hand is rather good not sure if i will buy it but its good.
that is all

as for the trade in offer yes its right and there a few other games on the list to so 2 games get ya it for free

Ollie

CF Legend
^I'm not having a go at Game as no-one is forcing me to buy from there. I just find it amusing how a place called 'Game' is actually the most expensive place to get them from. :lol:
And yes the pricing was right as someone bought it. :p
Anyway I've decided I'm definitely going to try and get MW2 on release day. Not sure how likely I am to get a copy as I haven't pre-ordered or anything. Might go to a midnight launch if my friend can find his ID if not I'll just get it from ASDA Tuesday morning.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Modern Warfare 2 Launch trailer:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429l13dS6kQ[/youtube]

Lain

Giga Poster
big john said:
as for the trade in offer yes its right and there a few other games on the list to so 2 games get ya it for free

Really? I thought they would only let you trade in one game. What are the other games on the list?

Swat

Hyper Poster
In Gamestation If you trade in two games off a list of around 4. You can get MW2 for £4.99 COD4 is on the list so is Operation flashpoint dragon rising I think the another one is Halo ODST?

Lain

Giga Poster
Swat said:
In Gamestation If you trade in two games off a list of around 4. You can get MW2 for £4.99 COD4 is on the list so is Operation flashpoint dragon rising I think the another one is Halo ODST?

Also, Overlord 2 is on that list, and it can be had at play.com for £9.99...

Based on what they did with FIFA, though, it may well be worth seeing what the supermarkets are doing for their midnight launches. It could be that they drop the price well below £30.