What's new

The Games we play...

marc

CF Legend
^Yes more money though Steven, you do not need to pay the extra when you buy a PS3.

I do not play online either so again the PS3 rubbish online does not bother me. Saying that I have played the F1 game online and had no problems at all.

Thing is why would I want a BluRay player for the 360? By the time you connect it to that etc you end up using a lead to go from that to the 360 then to the TV. That is quality lost, would be better just to get a stand alone player and go straight to the tv.

Are 360 games even on BluRay yet?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You can't get a blu-ray player for the 360, Steven was saying you'd have to buy a stand alone Blu-Ray - another bloody thing plugged in under the TV, using up more of my TV inputs ;)

So Steven, where are the details on the cheap Wifi adapter, and did you (in your annoyance somebody could dare claim that the 360 was more expensive) just forget to mention that I'd need to spend a couple of extra quid on batteries, or even more on a recharge pack? ;)

marc

CF Legend
This is way off topic btw.

Do not by a BluRay player unless they are future proof. A number of the old ones do not work with new films, its a new system and there will be yet another update next year.

£50 for a BluRay player, it must be really crap tbh. A good DVD player is still around the £200 mark.

People at work that said they would never get a PS3, they are Xbox fan boys, are now buying PS3's. Why? well simple really. They say they have seen games like the new Fifa and its better on the PS3, and Uncharted 2. Fifa is meant to have better sound, sharper graphics and more detail. I have not seen it so I do not know, but for them to say it it must be true as they have been slagging my PS3 off for the past year.

I would get an Xbox360 for some of the games, but I hated the Xbox and it just kept breaking so this put me off.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's odd, now the PS3 is clearly better value, and under £250, all of a sudden lots of people will start to buy the PS3. It's in the right price range. Oddly, those people with 360's have probably also spent more on their 360 than they would have spent getting a PS3 in the first place 18 months ago - oh well.

I think Uncharted 2 is going to help sell a lot of units - Sony finally have a "Halo" - a single game that appeals to mass market that is so different, playable and technically stunning it will shift units.

spicy

Giga Poster
furie said:
I think Uncharted 2 is going to help sell a lot of units - Sony finally have a "Halo" - a single game that appeals to mass market that is so different, playable and technically stunning it will shift units.

I think they already had that in Metal Gear Solid 4 though. It was the reason I originally bought my PS3 anyway, if it was released on Xbox I doubt I would have bought a PS3 until the Slim came out.

The Slim PS3 and Uncharted 2 have just hit the shelves at the perfect time really and I could see Uncharted being Sony's "Halo" now there are no more Metal Gear games. The Uncharted series could go on for a long time and I hope it does.

big john

Mega Poster
All i have to say on the matter is

FACT

In my store PS3 is outselling 360 8 to 1 our figues at work dont lie everyone i know has swapped to ps3 and everyone is coming into stors and swapping to ps3 for example we have sold 12 ps3's today and 7 of them where people trading in there 360's for one people have at last seen the light lol hehehe

Ollie

CF Legend
FINALLY. People have seen past Bill Gates chunky brainwashing box of **** and gone for sleek, slender awesome power machine made by Sony. :p

Oh and buy Uncharted 2 because it's AMAZING. :D

mrclam

Giga Poster
furie said:
It's odd, now the PS3 is clearly better value, and under £250,

It's cheap.. because it's poop.

Halo is poop too..

But not as poop as the ps3.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Who cares? Not me. I enjoy playing it loads over the Xbox 360. It's reliable, quiet, has great exclusives, amazing graphics, blu-ray, free online, music and video players and loads more.
All you get with the 360 is a 3 year warranty because they know it'll break. :p

Ben

CF Legend
Wait, the 360 costs £60 to become wireless? What the ****? Even the Wii doesn't need that! I was considering one, but the "better online play" compared to the PS3 is gonna cost me £60 before I even get to the subscription fee? **** that... It's not my fault my room's the other side of the house to the router!

Maybe I do want a PS3... But I want Forza 3 :( LAME.

mrclam

Giga Poster
I didnt say the 360 wasnt unreliable (i'm on my 9th replacement)

.. Doesnt stop the ps3 from being poo though

kimahri

CF Legend
^

Ooooh yeah... Oops.

Another thing. I've been watching gameplay videos of Kingdom Hearts - Birth by Sleep videos and there seemes to be an attack that's like Panzer Dragoon... SWEET!

marc

CF Legend
Can not believe how bad the F1 game looks on the Wii :( I will not be buying a Wii to play it thats for sure.

The cars just look all wrong, how can they get it so wrong.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
^^^ And when really good "3rd Party" games come out for Wii... they can go unnoticed due to the mainstream games by Nintendo ....

This is what i think about it anyways.... I mean... Deadly Creatures is an awesome concept, and a really well put together game, boasting really good voice acting and game play... but I never hear anyone speak of it :-(