What's new

The Games we play...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Amazon have Rock Band, Band in a box for about £69. So that's game, Mic, Drums and Guitar - bargain!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Band-Box-P ... 225&sr=8-7

The track list on Rock Band is much better than the one on Rock Band 2.

DLC is compatible with both versions of Rock Band.

If you by Rock Band II, there's a patch that lets you "rip" all the Rock Band tracks into Rock Band II - though you have to pay a few quid for it.

The Rock band drums and guitar are compatible with ALL the band games.

Rock Band drums have no cymbals. Rock Band II drums have a port to plug cymbals into at t later date (and extra cost) - however, not having cymbals does not detracts from the game play at all :)

I think that about covers everything?

big john

Mega Poster
also the rockband kit you can get with the beatles game for around £109 in shops or sometimes cheeper online i decided to get rid of my rockband stuff and buy the rockband beatles super uber bundle which comes with rockband 2 drums which are wireless and hard to get hold of in uk and the paul mcartny(sp) bass also a mic stand it should be £179.99 in shops but i got it for £100 yay. IT does help i work there though lol, The track list on beatles is great apart from a few glaring tracks missing but DLC in the future. Also the beatles DLC is only compatable with the beatles game so be carefull what ya buy. I actually got rid of rockband 2 disk as i found after the track import we only ised to play mostly rockband 1 track so traded it in for £30 yes £30 as we never played the songs apart from "carry on my wayward son". So ye get rockband 1 its the best also lego rockband is not looking to shabby in tracklist wise may be interesting and fun. I agree with furie ill never buy a Guitar hero game ever again after my hopes where shattered with GH metallica Which indeed have metallica songs on but then filled up with **** i didnt want from other bands, At least with beatles thats all you get beatles, Saying that though im very interested in DJ hero as it has Daft punk on it but its not the same so may give it a chance not sure yet

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Oddly, Rock Band Unplugged on the PSP has almost an identical track list to Rock Band 2 (which was almost identical to World Tour, only with better songs by the same bands ;) ).

Whereas I'd never consider Rock Band 2 for the tracks (just for an improved multi-player experience), Unplugged is an excellent game. The tracks work really well with it because it's such a challenging, relentless game. So you enjoy the music in the background while you play. It's not trying to emulate being in a band, so can get away with being more "hit the glowing things in time". However, they did seem to cherry pick the best Rock Band 2 tunes :)

Lego Rock Band on the DS uses the same system (it doesn't try to be a portable Guitar Hero like GH: On Tour). So I'd recommend it to anyone who has a DS but not a PSP for ROck Band Unplugged.

Lego Rock Band has a few big things going for it.

1. Simple, fun, more pop based songs (yet they're still good).
2. Super easy mode for Maxi-Minor_Furie to join in our band.
3. LEGO!!!
4. GHOSTBUSTERS!

You don't need anything else surely?

Kebab

Giga Poster
World Tour was awful in terms of "guitar" tracks; but I found tracks for the other instruments pretty good! I didn't like World Tour myself in all fairness, RB is a million times better and something feels a bit more original and unique.

Personally I loved the Nirvana track on Rock Band, it just felt good to play with all your friends over your house partying; pure epic stoner style music too! In Bloom is of the better songs on the disc.

For guitar, the original Rock Band could be done with ease, with the exception of songs like Flirtin' With Disaster, Train kept a' Rollin and Green Grass. The track list is a lot more experementive than World Tour and I really like that about RB! Singing also feels a bit more involved in RB than World Tour, you have to hit the mic to the rhythm in certain sections and yell to activate "Star Power" or whatever it's called in RB; causing an echo effect to your voice.

World Tour could also be done fairly easily; the guitar tracks are mapped a bit trickier than that of Rock Band you'll find you can pull certain elements off a lot easier, and it takes a lot more to make you fail. I liked the World Tour setlist! It worked at parties (age group around 14-18 bare in mind), we was all happily rocking out and singing to Bon Jovi, MJ and Paramore, and a few songs I've never heard of before but they were pretty good! My personal favourite song on World Tour is Santeria by Sublime, it had a surprisingly good solo slapped into it.

World Tour is a "flat" game, I've always noticed that. There seems to be something more lively and entertaining about Rock Band that World Tour couldn't achieve, it does make me wonder..

No offense to the Beatles Furie but in my opinion.. That game is terrible :lol:

Guitar Hero 5 is a better comeback. Modes such as Party Play and Rockfest make it feel a bit more than a game when involved into proper parties. I really enjoy it! The setlist on the other hand; needs working on.

Ever since Guitar Hero involved downloadable content there on-disc setlists have started to collapse and fail, which is thoroughly disappointing. I wished they never gave us downloadable content, it's limited there choice of songs in latter games.

Ollie

CF Legend
So If I get Rock Band 1 will I be able to get the song DLC that they're still bringing out now. I.E will the DLC work on both games?
Also I really want to get Rock Band 2 with this guitar? Where can I get it?
rock-band-2-guitar.jpg

big john

Mega Poster
^^^ thr rockband 2 kit is very hard to get hold of in england as it was never really reliesed here and yes all the DLC will work with every iteration of the game apart from beatles so your safe but trust me get number 1 its the best

peep

CF Legend
I liked the set list on World Tour, yeah there were some tracks I weren't keen on but when someone makes a game to try and cater for such a large audience I don't expect to like every track.

GH5 has definitely improved, there seems to be loads of rubbish on the track list but there are some gems in there like Rammstein's 'Du hast' and Nirvana's 'Smells like Teen spirit'.

Tbh I haven't played the Rock Band games but I've never seen much difference between the track lists.

Also I did play the demo of Rock Band Unplugged on the PSP, amazing, was so much better than GH: On tour for the DS.

Ollie

CF Legend
big john said:
^^^ thr rockband 2 kit is very hard to get hold of in england as it was never really reliesed here and yes all the DLC will work with every iteration of the game apart from beatles so your safe but trust me get number 1 its the best

Cool. So if I got RB 2 I could get all the RB1 songs on it. How much does that cost to patch them over?
I take it you can't get the RB2 songs onto RB1 then?

Also what's the drum like? I've heard alot of horror stories about the pedal being weak and lots breaking. Also the need for silencers for the drums as they're quite loud when you hit them.

And with the band in a box kit. Do you have to buy the actual game separately?

I REALLY should be saving my money till I get another job but it's been ages since I've got a music rhythm game and £60 is pretty cheap (if it includes the game as well).

Shame you can't get the guitar I pictured easily in the UK for RB2. What does the one look like they released with it over here? Or is it exactly the same as RB1?

big john

Mega Poster
i never had a problem with my drums yes the pedle is plastic but just dont go too mental like people do and you will be fine the rockband 1 guitar is basicly the same as your picture but black with a cream neck and it doesnt have the mic and camera in it for auto setup so you have to take a whole extra 5 mins to do it yourself lol. they didnt relise the rockband 2 drums and guitar over here just the RB2 game. The drum silencers are a great idea and are worth every penny if your interested i have a spare set never been used for £5 if you like, Iwas gonna pop em on ebay but yours if ya want em lemme know. As for the somgs you need RB1+2 disks and you can import for about £3.50 all but 4 songs from RB1 to 2 but not the other way round so its a good idea to have em both to be honest its just i preffer 1 better than 2. The basic RB kit does not come with the game its just drums guitar and mic unless you get the beatles which does come with the game. Hope this is ok for ya if you got any more questions ask im a massive rockband nerd lol i love it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
I liked the set list on World Tour, yeah there were some tracks I weren't keen on but when someone makes a game to try and cater for such a large audience I don't expect to like every track.

GH5 has definitely improved, there seems to be loads of rubbish on the track list but there are some gems in there like Rammstein's 'Du hast' and Nirvana's 'Smells like Teen spirit'.

Tbh I haven't played the Rock Band games but I've never seen much difference between the track lists.

This is the way that I look at it. If I was at a rock club, which of the sets of tracks would make it a good night? The first three Guitar Hero games would have made a good, nostalgic night (in the most part, some decent newer stuff too).

Rock Band 1, I'd have had a good night (especially with the "requests - ie DLC).

World Tour, I'd have left after half an hour.

You can't cater for everybody, but if you fail to cater for me (I've been listening to a diverse range of music, but mostly rock, for thirty years) then surely your track list is very poor. I have a wide range of musical tastes and interests, so there should be at least one song per level that appeals to me. They just didn't.

There's very little difference between the set lists for World Tour and Rock Band 2, but the original Rock Band track list is superb. I just looked at it again and I'd be happy to have that as a CD compilation before I played the game :lol: Blackhole Sun, Enter Sandman, Blitzkrieg Bop, Dani California, Gimme Shelter, Paranoid, Epic, The hand that feeds, Go with the Flow, Don't fear the reaper, Creep and Ballroom Blitz. Brilliant stuff... And, erm... Orange Crush :lol:

Kebab
I'm not interested in taking the game to an extreme level. I like the games to challenge me to a degree, but I know I'm never going to get brilliant. I do want to be entertained though. For me, it's just an interactive way to enjoy the music. I never want the process of playing the game to overwhelm the joy of listening to the music. To me it's not a game, it's an interactive CD :) Point being, I don't care how hard the guitar or drums get :D

Beatles really depends on how much you like the Beatles :)

peep said:
Also I did play the demo of Rock Band Unplugged on the PSP, amazing, was so much better than GH: On tour for the DS.

There's a new demo out now for £3.49. It's the game engine with two or three tracks. However, you can add DLC to it. It's not the full game, but you can use it to play tracks just for fun. Then if you do buy the full game, you have the DLC. Unlike the "big brother" versions, I do treat the PSP version as a "game" - oddly :)

In good news, I got £9 trade in for World Tour - so it only cost me a pound to find out how dreadful it was.

In bad news, I used that £9 to buy Sega Rally - which isn't awful, but it's very hard to play after playing Dirt 2 for three weeks :lol:

marc

CF Legend
I tried playing the demo of Uncharted 2 last night. Well after 30 mins of it trying to find a game to join I gave up, why could they have not incuded single player mode?

The trailer looks good though, I shall be getting the game.

big john

Mega Poster
they have actually put out the uncharted demo at the wrong time really especialy when it is running of the same severs as the MAG beta which while testing and updating is slowing everything down that is till next week when it finishes, Just in time for uncharted to be out YAY lol. IF ya fancy a game on uncharted marc gimmi a shout friday night and ill invite you into a game and that works right away thats all i have been playing with friends not randomers and its fast as ****

marc

CF Legend
Cheers John.

I am not sure if I will get the game this week or not yet, depends if Tesco offer free points on it :)

big john

Mega Poster
sorry uncaharted is next friday this friday is operation flashpoint my bad also brutal legends comes out same day as uncharted i cant help but think its going to be overshadowed a bit by uncharted 2 but we will see both are amazing games. Then nothing really interests me in the game department until well thats the thing nothing iv lost all interest in Modern warfare 2 ill prob get it but maybe a week later in a deal or something. Family is putting to and buying me DJ HERO for my birthday as im a huge daft punk fan so want it lol. And apart from that im waiting for Bayoneta which i just played the demo of from the JAP store and have to say its just devil may cry with nakedness and breasts but its actually relly good lol

peep

CF Legend
^Do you think DJ Hero will be any good? I reckon my uncle will get it (he's a DJ) just so he can moan about it if he ever gets round to playing it. I like some of the tracks that they've done though (I checked out the official site couple months back), not sure if I'll get it though.

big john

Mega Poster
i think they have gone all out on it the track are exelent and sound amazing the mix is good not too much of one genre but a mix of all the daft puck sold it for me and the robot rock VS we will rock you sound ace pluss the megamix ones are cool to also Tiesto vs the killers is something i thought id never hear but it sound amazing. I think seeing as im not paying for it im gong for the renegade edition with the case and stuff lol so looking forward to it on 30th october

Richie

Hyper Poster
SOOOO excited about Tekken 6! EEEEEEEEE! I've been waiting for this for literally years. and years.

I'm so happy its out on 360 as well as ps3 because Tekken's always been exclusive to playstation until now. I was even considering a while back buying a ps3 simply for when tekken 6 comes out. So I'm extremely happy that it finally comes out this month and on a console I already have :D

Woo!

kimahri

CF Legend
Persona 3 FES was delivered today! Moar Jrpgs!!

And KH 358/2 Days is apparently out now according to Play.com. :/

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm still unsure about Rockband. If the game was included in the band in a box thing I'd get it but when paying for the game on top of that it works out more than I'm willing to spend right now.
Maybe if it drops a bit more I'll get it. :)

Also Xbox 360 may be getting it's own version of home. So after all this time of 360 owners slagging it off they're possibly getting their own version. :lol:
The screenshots of it look crap as well. It uses those stupid characters you design and go round a Wii looking environment.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Also Xbox 360 may be getting it's own version of home. So after all this time of 360 owners slagging it off they're possibly getting their own version. :lol:

I think you'll find most people slag off home.. because its not actually very good.. The xbox dashboard is bad in itself - but home is completely pointless.

The screenshots of it look crap as well. It uses those stupid characters you design and go round a Wii looking environment.

oh dear.. how old are you again?