What's new

The Games we play...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think everyone who is interested in Touhou (the one person) now has it, and that's the end of it. Pushing and pushing and pushing to try and get people interested really is spam Kim. In fact, all the pushing has made me more determined not to try it, because I now see it as something liked only by sad, desperate people.

So no more mentions of it.

kimahri

CF Legend
furie said:
Pushing and pushing and pushing to try and get people interested really is spam Kim.

Took you long enough.

I was hoping for common sense to take over first :roll: -furie

You should know me by now. :roll:

kimahri

CF Legend
Double post again. It's something different so I'm allowed using clam's logic.

So after going on playfire I find a new post thing in the commadore amiga group saying Pinball Fantasies has been released on the psn. Low and behold it has. It's for the psp!

Another thing on the agenda for ps3 owners. Fallout 3 DLC. Broken steel came out a couple of days ago and by the looks of it Operation Anchorage and The Pitt DLC have also been released.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm really liking the Uncharted 2 Online Beta. I also had an amazing match on it today. 22 kills, 0 deaths and 2 assists. Was well chuffed as I was slaughtering everyone and I could here them on the mics all swearing at me and telling everyone to just attack me. :lol:
I dislike the pistol only matches though.
Can't wait till the full game comes out a week Tuesday. I have Tuesdays off college anyway so will have the whole day free to play it. :)

big john

Mega Poster
i think youll find uncharted is a week friday as it doesnt come out untill the 16th same day as brutal legends which is also awsome btw

Dave

CF Legend
Today downloaded the demo for Empire Total War, its really good. But with a slow loading rate for the game it couldn't handle the battles. May have to wait for me to get a better and faster computer!

Dave

CF Legend
Apparently Fifa 10 is in Tesco for £24.95 according to Lewis. My brother bought it, but he's going to play it until he needs to cigarette. Even if he's using my gamertag to play Xbox Live.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Yeah my mate said it was 25 biff! Shame I'm skint.

Anyways, because I'm skint its demo review time!

Need for Speed SHIFT;

Visually quite an impressive game, its no Gran Turismo by any means but it still looks quite stunning.
What the demo lacked though is a clue as to the objective of the game (obviously win races) but the last NFS I played was Underground... the more lower races you won, the more money you earned, the more spent on tuning your car the higher prestige races you could enter!
This though, bit odd, a couple of races where you have t earn stars, these can be earned by completing objectives such as fastest lap time, leading for a whole lap, podium finishes, or reaching a set speed threshold.
Whilst it was a fun 20 minutes killed, I completed all the objectives within 15 minutes, which in turn let me have a go of the Pagani Zonda F. So I spun that round the same tracks, and errr won again.

I don't know, I guess what I'm saying is the races are fun, but there just seems to be no real objective set.

Next I played TMNT Re-Shelled.

A side-scrolling fighting game, which immediately screamed Streets of Rage, and also the Simpsons arcade game (remember?);

simpsons-arcade.jpg

Its a pretty back to basics game, with only three buttons of jump, attack and special attack... and also fun nonetheless. More worth £4.99 at a push than £7.99 though to be honest.

Finally, the Uncharted 2 Online Beta.

Matchmaking was pretty good, I like the idea of a choice of two maps and the majority vote getting to be the winner.
The action in game though is pretty poor if I'm honest, they added multiplayer because a lot of people screamed about it would have been the perfect game last time around if it had multiplayer so they've listened and added.
Whilst its fun, its one game I'll have to say where the multiplayer action won't keep me playing once I've completed single player. I still think the single player will be immense on this thing though, and I'll still keep it just in case any DLC comes out afterwards (I'm looking at you World at War....).

mrclam

Giga Poster
Im pretty sure that neither of you are actually old enough to actually remember the simpsons arcade game! :lol:

mrclam

Giga Poster
Although if you like that sort of thing - may i reccomend the excellent Castle Crashers on XBLA?

And not just because i know the guy who made it either! :lol:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Clam this is England your talking about, seaside resorts have NOT progressed with the times... that thing is still about in some amusements in Scarborough and Filey near me!

I didn't know there was a TMNT arcade game, if I did it would have screamed that out to me instead...

Martyn

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
I didn't know there was a TMNT arcade game, if I did it would have screamed that out to me instead...

No way!

It was the greatest game ever.

They used to have it upstairs at the swimming pool I went to every Sunday.

I remember seeing some guy put about £20 in it just to get to the last level on the "Technodrome". Hahaha.

There was a classic level about half way through where the turtles (and consequently, everyone else) was on skateboards. Funny thing was though, the gameplay wasn't any different, it was just that the background would be whizzing past. And if you jumped and went forwards at the same time, the skateboard would just go along the floor ready to catch you again. :lol:

"Fire! We Gotta Get April Out!!"

tmnt_001.jpg

Ahh, to be a child again...

Ollie

CF Legend
big john said:
i think youll find uncharted is a week friday as it doesnt come out untill the 16th same day as brutal legends which is also awsome btw
I swear I've seen it saying the 13th in a few places. That may be an American release date or something then.

Rented 3 new games from Blockbuster today.
Prince of Persia
Silent Hill Homecoming
and Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars.
Only player a bit of Prince of Perisa which is ok but nowhere near as good as the old ones. I'm not too keen on the visuals as it's only the characters that seem to be cartoony while the environments are different and it doesn't really go well together. Plus it's annoying that it's IMPOSSIBLE to die on it and it gets annoying surprisingly as there's no challenge.
I suppose there's some easy trophies to get though.

Also just finished playing the Brutal Legend demo. I think it's awesome and love the way where they stop the cut scenes and ask stuff about language and gore. Great fun but the movement of the characters doesn't seem very fluid.

Dave

CF Legend
Just been playing Fifa 10. Its not as good as 09 and will take time to get used to, for those who are used to Fifa 09 be prepared as they've changed the way you play. Tackling is harder to do now which needs practice, also long shots are harder to pull off.

But still don't punish people who quit midgame, I was playing online happily beatnig someone 3-0 when they quit.

Lain

Giga Poster
Dave said:
But still don't punish people who quit midgame, I was playing online happily beatnig someone 3-0 when they quit.

You were sort of punished in 09. If someone quit a game, it counts as a 3-goal winning margin for the person who didn't quit. Also, you can see everybody's game quit percentage before the game.

I haven't played online yet; I've only played manager mode. It's a lot better than last year's manager mode, so woo.

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't buy football games when they're new. I wait until the end of the year when they're £5 each in the bargain bucket. Not really into sport games that much and the demo is enough for me to enjoy. :)