What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
Vadge said:
Nintendo DS game recommendations please. I love puzzley things, like Professor Layton. And stuff aimed at 8 year olds... and Girls Aloud :)
Fankoo!

Big Bang Mini is a great game.

It does get quite difficult however.

Ollie

CF Legend
Dead Space still hasn't arrived. I ordered it off Play.com last Thursday and am still waiting. I even ordered Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction on Amazon last Monday and that arrived today super quickly.

In other news I completed Plant's vs Zombies the other day. Such an amazing game. Great cartoony and clear visuals, great sound (the song on the credits is epic) and the gameplay is good fun.

The story mode is nice and long and never gets boring as they are always giving you new plants to plan out tactics with and new types of zombies keep appearing so you're always facing new enemies that attack differently.
Great fun and has provided hours of entertainment. I usually play it while stuff downloads on my PS3 and the time flys by.

So yeah really good fun and great value for money. I've still got loads of fun mini games on it to complete as well.

Highly recommended to get.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
^That is quite jank, are there any changes to it apart from the look?

Lots! It isn't real!

That's a scam that hit a couple of month's ago. There's a chance that it's a Korean machine that's a ripoff of the the PS3. There's a Wii one out there. Looks almost the same but contains a Commodore 64 inside it? You must have seen them?

Anyway, this is a similar thing. The box is a standard PS3 box. It's not even a clever hoax. You'd have to be really stupid to fall for it! :p

Lain

Giga Poster
EDIT: First, read this - http://www.bitterwallet.com/littlewoods ... unts/13903 - then make your own judgement based on what I have written below.

Top tip time!

If you've never shopped online with Littlewoods before, this is for you.

Basically, Resistance: Fall of Man is on there for £15. In addition to this, all new customers get £15 off their first purchase with use of the code ZG753.

Also, postage is free.

Hey presto, Resistance: Fall of Man for the princely some of £0. Yes, that's £0.

Hurray!

Ollie

CF Legend
Just completed Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction.
It was pretty awesome. The weapons were cool, the characters were strong and it was all done with the usual tongue in cheek humour and quite a few comedy moments. There wasn't a very strong storyline but there was enough there to let you know what you were doing/aiming for.
It also has some pretty good boss battles and reminds you of how games used to be with bosses and health bars. :p

Very good game and you can pick it up very cheap now. :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone else grabbing Battlefield 1943 tomorrow?

I'll be on the demo in the evening later if anyone fancies some WWII Pacific fun?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
360 today, PS3 tomorrow.

I'll be playing the superior version obviously [/ollie] :p

Dave

CF Legend
Im about to pay for it as I loved the demo. I love destructable buildings! Means no snipers! :D

I absolutley LOVE the air raid building, can guide where the bombers go.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to get the demo tonight, then maybe buy the full game in a week or two. Anyone fancy a game at about 9:00 tonight?