What's new

The Games we play...

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm crap at sniping lol.

And I can't believe I missed this video. It's just so epic. :D
I love the humour in TF2 and the animation and gameplay is great.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnuYi-nzE90[/youtube]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't like it anyway :p

It was just BF 1942 all over again... So 2002! :p

I also want to play after eight! :p

I bought Zen Pinball and GTi Club instead :)

I enjoy pinball, and Zen Pinball is quite a good representation. It's not Pinball Dreams or Pinball Fantasies (Amiga and awesome), but it's still good fun. I love:

a) Being able to use my own music. It's rare I get a chance to listen to any, so this combines music AND games :)
b) Relaxing
c) Beating both Mark and Marc's high scores :p

GTi Club is really good fun. It's a very simple arcade racer, and there's not much to it. However, I've had a seriously enjoyable hour and a half or so on it. Just very focused racing.

Poor value for money with six cars that are all essentially the same and just three circuits (all in the same town area) for £8.

It has some challenging trophies though and the medium and hard levels are actually a real struggle.

I doubt I'll get much from it, but it's a good little blast of a game.

peep

CF Legend
Just played the Ghostbusters demo on the PS3.

Awesome! It just makes me want the full game even more. The graphics are superb and it really does feel like you are in the films, just love it. The gameplay is quite nice and simple so anyone can pick it up and enjoy it. Might persuade my mum to buy it :p

mrclam

Giga Poster
I want ghostbusters.. i just cant decide if i want the 360 or wii version more.

and by the time i decide - it'll be in the bargain bins...
:lol:

Im steering more towards the wii version though

Ollie

CF Legend
I played the Ghostbusters demo today. Loved it.
Although was I the only one that kept getting attacked and squashed by bookcases? One minute I'd be walking along then all of a sudden BAM! a bookcase comes and flattens me against a wall. :lol:

I'm tempted to pop into Blockbuster tomorrow and rent it for a week. :)

Also had an amazing game on Shi No Numa today. My friend came round and we played it split screen and got to round 17 with just two of us. We both managed to get all 4 perks going at the same time and just wiped out loads of zombies. It got really tense several times. Got about 3 trophies in one match I think. :p

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
^With just two of you? On split-screen which makes everything tiny?

No, I started with 4 people. One guy left so we had 3 people fending off the amount of zombies designed for 4 people.

You do know that the more people there is in a game the more zombies it generates. That way it balances out the points.

Roody Poo

Roller Poster
mrclam said:
I want ghostbusters.. i just cant decide if i want the 360 or wii version more.

and by the time i decide - it'll be in the bargain bins...
:lol:

Im steering more towards the wii version though
Get the 360 version so you can play online modes. Survival is like the Gears of War horde mode of Ghostbusters!

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah the Wii version is meant to be pretty pap compared to the others apparently.

Also I hate the way that Modern Warfare 2 is now called 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' as apparently it was confusing people.

Some people are just so thick. :roll:

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Yeah the Wii version is meant to be pretty pap compared to the others apparently.

That's strange - i've been hearing (From people who've actually played both) the EXACT opposite. What i've been told:

The 360/ps3 versions have online play and better graphics.
The wii version is more fun to play, and has split screen co-op (more appealing to me than online)

But most gamers only seem to care which one has the more realistic graphics as opposed to which is more fun.. *sigh*.

I cant comment, not played either. If i get bored tomorrow, i'll download the 360 demo (i hear the full game is repetitive), and rent the wii version

Ollie

CF Legend
Well anyway. After lunch today I decided to pop down to the local Blockbuster store and rent Ghostbusters: The Video Game:

Just finished it. It's a cracking game. Really gives you the feel of what it's like to be a ghostbuster. It actually feels like you're struggling with the beams to get the ghosts in the traps as they fight to get out.
The characters and story were great. The levels were well designed and the graphics were brilliant.
Although after a while catching the ghosts did get a bit repetitive and tiring. But usually when you got to a new area or you took a short break it became fun again.
The games length is good as well. It's long but not too long. And definitely not too short which is good. The levels last quite a while and each see you face many challenges.

There are plenty of trophies and achievements to get. Some of which are quite challenging and require you to go through again which gives the game even more replay value.
I feel the game could of been funnier though. The voice acting was great but there wasn't many moments that actually made me laugh out loud. It had good humour, it just didn't come round often enough.

Overall a really good solid game. Maybe not worth the price at the moment but certainly when it drops down to around £30.

kimahri

CF Legend
You got it today.

And finished it today?

then you say it's worth it.

Edit: I realise the time there were posted. so ignore it just for the sake of ease.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
but there wasn't many moments that actually made me laugh out loud. It had good humour, it just didn't come round often enough.

Comedy in games is hard...

Have you heard of deat... actually i've pimped this enough havent i?