What's new

The Games we play...

Lain

Giga Poster
This week is Super Stardust HD's two-year anniversary, so instead of the usual £6.29, it's currently only £1.59 on the Playstation Store.

Gogogo!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ploddish said:
It's not scary in the slightest. It's tense occasionally, I'll give it that, but not scary.

It is, however, very very fun. One of the best games for enjoyment I've played on the 360 in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Ahhh... I played it on the PS3 - it has far too much competition on the "enjoyment" front ;) :p

Oh yeah - Super Stardust is really enjoyable, more than worth a quid fifty! :)

mrclam

Giga Poster
The problem with dead space is it's too damn linear.. it almost feels like you're on rails.

Yes the anti-gravity bits rock.. but they're very few between.. And what you're left with is a linear almost-"on rails" game..

Which is quite ironic considering how everyone on the internets is moaning about the wii prequel being on rails.

kimahri

CF Legend
Heee I picked up another old game today.

Heart Of Darkness on the PS

99p so it's not like I got ripped off or anything.

Edit: oops said Ps2 by accident. Changed.

mrclam

Giga Poster
kimahri said:
Heart Of Darkness on the PS2

Well personally i enjoyed that game...

but then if you read the credits.. i would say that wouldnt i?

But honestly.. it's a really good enjoyable 2d romp - and the cg was incredible (at the time)

Lewis

Hyper Poster
I finished X-Men Origins Wolverine: Uncaged Edition the other day.

It's an okay game, I mean all you do is smash your way through everything, and in a way it can get rather tedious after an hour or so, but the slow-motion bits make it slightly more bearable, it's also very easy, the boss battles are incredibly easy and it shouldn't take more than a few hours to complete.

Overall a 7/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Decided to download a couple of new track packs for GHIII to get me playing it a bit more again.

Dragonforce:
Heroes of our Time
Operation Ground and Pound
Revolution Deathsquad

Muse:
Exo-Politics
Stolkholm Syndrome
Super Massive Black Hole

kimahri

CF Legend
mrclam said:
Which is quite ironic considering how everyone on the internets is moaning about the wii prequel being on rails.

Personally I don't see anything wront with the On-Rails/Rail shooter thing.

One of my All time Favorites is one and the other ones I've played have really enjoyable dispite the fact all i really liked about it was holding a plastic "real" gun and sooting stuff.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Oooh that reminds me : I bought "Mad Dog Mcgree" for the wii on the weekend

cost me $5, and you get 3 games...

Which is kinda ironic as "back in the day" i spent more than that pumping pound coins into the machine.

Just as bad as i remember... but great for nostalgia..

and for that reason alone

8/10

(if you never played this in the arcades when you were a nipper - probably best to adjust that score to 2/10)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's supposed to be great, especially with Motion plus. That's a mag review though, so I wouldn't trust it :)

Malky, Mad Dog McGree? It wasn't worth the first 50p I put into the machine (and the last). It was dross then and certainly not worth three buttons and a bit of string!

kimahri

CF Legend
I just played Heart of Darkness for a bit.

It's win! I don't know how many games I've played where I've had that much fun. The only reason why I stopped playing was because I had a feling it was short so I want to savor it as much as possible.

So far it's just a naturally fun game and it's not frustratingly hard either. It's challenging but rewarding.

Buy it.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
I loved HoD, one of the first games I ever played. The art style is really gorgeous too.

Annoying that when you die you go back to the start of the level though :C

Too hard for a 12 year old.

Factoid: it was the first game to have an orchestral score recorded, but not the first game to be released with one, because of delays.

mrclam

Giga Poster
furie said:
It's supposed to be great, especially with Motion plus. That's a mag review though, so I wouldn't trust it :)

I've only played tiger woods on M+.. it's ace...

Malky, Mad Dog McGree? It wasn't worth the first 50p I put into the machine (and the last). It was dross then and certainly not worth three buttons and a bit of string!

I know!! That's what made me want to pay 5 quid for it... See as a kid, i was "wowed" by the video playback and stuff. So I put in easily more than 5 quid into the game in the arcades..

.. But that's because i was a stupid kid.. and i KNOW it's awful.. but 5 quid for 3 games of nostalgia... Well I couldnt resist.

And for the nostalgia factor alone - i love it.. I completed the first game last night.. onto game 2 this weekend! :lol:

mrclam

Giga Poster
kimahri said:
I just played Heart of Darkness for a bit.

It's win!

(does a happy dance)

no-one bought it originally because it was released around time that infogrames (now known as atari) bought ocean. And so it wasnt marketed properly

Not long after we were all fired.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
^Warhawk is extremely boring. It seems if you haven't played it since it first come out then you have no chance. The graphics aren't amazing and the controls are fidgety.

Warhawk's like COD for intelligent people. Not just button bashing, you actually have to use tactics to be successful, hence why I love it. Most of the time the people that play it actually work as a team and help you out, whereas my experiences with other shooting games are just 10 people on the same team by names alone.

Graphics are immense though in HD, pisses over a lot of my other games in that aspect.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Red Faction is AMAZING! Been playing most of the night while I've been waiting for photos to upload, and it's sooo much fun.

Just blowing **** up makes me happy, and the physics are amazing. I've been playing the demo for moths, but finally got to play the full version.

The multi-player is even better, and not to forget the awesome on-line games with a good server (thank God!)

A-m-a-z-i-n-g!

Nic

Strata Poster
Nintendo DS game recommendations please. I love puzzley things, like Professor Layton. And stuff aimed at 8 year olds... and Girls Aloud :)
Fankoo!

Ollie

CF Legend
^I've already said this on Facebook but I'll say it here as well...

Elite Beat Agents
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

GETZ THEM NOW!!!!!!1111