What's new

The Games we play...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
Furie has Burnout as well. I'm sure of it.

I did, but got rid of it as I never played on it. Lots of deep and complex reasons that nobody would understand :p

mrclam said:
furie said:
I saw bits of Prototype and it looked okay. Had too much hype though...

Infamous on the ps3 is better if you ask me...

Oh dear, I thought Infamous was pretty run of the mill - says very little for Prototype then...

Lain

Giga Poster
Some awesome deals to be had at WHSmith. Today I picked up Assassin's Creed, Deadspace and Drake's Fortune for £9 each, and a Dual Shock 3 for £19.

Awe-some.

Ollie

CF Legend
I want to get Dead Space for £9 but they'd ID me. It's less than 3 months before I'm 18 so it sucks. :(
Had another online sesh on Burnout with Peep yesterday as well. Was pretty funny as we had the rest of the server thing full of other players as well so we got to smash them up as well. We also kept doing random stuff in-front of the cameras and there were some weird conversations over the mics. :p

I also got my 4th Platinum Trophy. :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lain said:
I've been playing Dead Space for about an hour, and now I need new trousers.

Don't lie! you're a student and needed new trousers anyway :p

Did you not just find it was room, death from the dark, room, death from the dark - repeat ad infinitum though? In the end, you become numb to it... In fact, very quickly...

mrclam

Giga Poster
I found dead space incredibly linear and dull. It almost felt like i was playing an on-rails shooter. Which is kinda ironic as the next version is going to be an on-rails shooter on the wii.

.. The ONLY redeamable feature about deadspace was the zero gravity bits - of which make up about 0.0002% of the whole game.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Got Metal Gear for a tenner earlier. Got bored. Turned it off.

Got Street Fighter the other day for £20. Played it for a few hours. Got bored. Turned it off.

In fact, out of the 20 games I have, the only ones I still play are Fifa online and Warhawk online.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Warhawk is extremely boring. It seems if you haven't played it since it first come out then you have no chance. The graphics aren't amazing and the controls are fidgety.

peep

CF Legend
Been playing Burnout Paradise's new island. It's awesome, love the new buggy vehicle too, much better at the jumps and stunts.

Also downloaded the new Vidzone from the Playstation store. It's ok, basically a video version of Spotify. Seems a bit pointless though imo.

PLCP

Mega Poster
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

Its pretty nice. The graphics are a step up from last year and they included some great new courses (Oakmont, Turnberry, Bethpage, Torrey Pines, Hazeltine). All of the old favorites are back, including St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, Sawgrass, Bay Hill, Harbour Town, etc. There are some real cool online modes too. However, its still way too easy to shoot a 55 and putting is even easier with the new system they put in.

Ollie

CF Legend
I completed the original Sonic the Hedgehog last night. Was the first time I've ever had the chance to go through the whole game.
I still hate the levels with underwater parts though. :(
Still a great game though.

Also ordered Dead Space from Play.com so will be playing that when it arrives. :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
Also ordered Dead Space from Play.com so will be playing that when it arrives. :D

They have that for £10 in our Asda at the moment. Not tempted even at that price...

Ollie

CF Legend
^I wasn't sure about it when they were first showing info about it while it was being developed. But it's been getting amazing reviews and sounds like it's pretty scary. I got my copy for £12.

I've been keeping an eye on the game for a while though and only haven't gotten it before because I was saving my money. But now it's come down in price I've ordered it. :D

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
It's not scary in the slightest. It's tense occasionally, I'll give it that, but not scary.

It is, however, very very fun. One of the best games for enjoyment I've played on the 360 in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.