What's new

The Games we play...

marc

CF Legend
Final Fantasy VII is on the Playstation download page, not played that game in like 10 years. Not sure if I should get it or not though its £7.99 which does seem a lot of an old game and I could pick up the cds for £3 on Ebay.

Lain

Giga Poster
Good luck trying to get the game for £3 on eBay! I've never seen it go for less than £20.

I think the £7.99 price tag is a bargain (as I mentioned a couple of pages ago :p).

mrclam

Giga Poster
Big surf island out today for "Burnout paradise".

10 quid on ps3, or 8.50 (dont have a pound sign on this keyboard) on 360 - Gets you a WHOLE NEW ISLAND to play on.

For amercians - $13 on the 360.

Bargain!

For those who dont know - it's a new island you can drive to (by driving over the bridge on the east of the map). It's the same size (roughly) as downtown paradise.

Contains the following extras (blatent copy and paste from their website follows):

* The Dust Storm Buggy available to drive straight away
* 8 Incredible New Cars to Win
* 15 Events (Including all New Island Tours)
* 10 Freeburn Challenges
* 12 New Roads to Rule
* 75 Island Smashes
* 45 Island Billboards
* 15 Island Mega Jumps

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah I saw that. Won't get it just yet though as I'm still doing stuff on the main land.

Downloaded the new Call of Duty maps though, Love them. The new Nazi Zombie map is brilliant and the hell hounds are mad. Got to round 14 as my highest so far.
The other multiplayer maps are also good. Only played a couple of games on each so far though as the new Zombie map is too addictive. :)

Also got that new Music VidZone thing. It's pretty good to get free music videos and download them for your phone. The videos load instantly as well so there's no faffing about waiting for things to load. Nice addition methinks. :)

kimahri

CF Legend
Whats the progression like on Shi No Numa?

Like how verruckt progresses twice as fast as the original. How does Shi no numa compair to Original?

Ollie

CF Legend
It's kinda in between. But it works great. The random Hell Hound rounds that come up make things more frantic. As they smash all the windows instantly and run round super quick attacking you, If you're not with you're group then they'll wipe you out instantly. There's also lots of other routes to go off. Where as in other NZ maps where the more you open the harder it gets, here there's alot more things to help you. You have several traps to wipe out loads of enemies.
The number of the zombies in the later rounds are crazy.
Usually I get to about round 7/8ish but have got to 14 a couple of times.
It's just much better than the other NZ maps. It's taken everything from the other two and taken them over into a new environment, the zombies are now more intelligent, faster, and there are different types of them. You also play as characters from the story of the game so you're not just random faceless characters.
It's hard to describe. It's just damn good fun. :)

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
YAY, telltale are going to carry on.......

MONKEY ISLAND

I was a bit gutted at first as its not lucasarts, but after a bit of research i have discovered that a few of the people at telltale worked onMI at lucasarts, so it should still have its charm :) I mean, their version of sam and max wasnt too bad was it :S,,, i thought it was ok, but then iwas never really a massive fan of that series.

So i/we can lookforward to a remake, and a few new stories aswell :)

(Sorry about grammar/spelling, on crappy laptop)
((Sorry if already discussed))

mrclam

Giga Poster
So for £1.84 less than the full game cost me, I can get a little island with a handful of more stuff to do?

Bully for you.. you got an old game cheap.. Doesnt mean the new content isnt worth 8 quid though (when compared to price of new full game)

divvie_dave said:
I was a bit gutted at first as its not lucasarts,

Ron (creator of the original) has been involved with them.

public knowledge - it's on his website and everything.

http://grumpygamer.com/

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Knew i had read that artical somewhere, and now i realise that you showed it to me the other day.... i only tend to look at pictures :D so i missed the first sectoin where he talks about new/remake of the game.

Ollie

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1qI4ylNgAQ[/youtube]

Also had some friends round today and we played CoD:WaW, Guitar Hero 3 and Little Big Planet on 4 player.
Was pretty epic. :)

kimahri

CF Legend
Shi no numa is EVILE!

Now all Treyarch needs to do is make a map pack with zombie maps only.

With more players allowed to join!

Ollie

CF Legend
^You downloaded it then? and do you mean EVILE because you were doing well until the Hell Hounds came out? :p

The great thing about this is that it requires a hell of alot more teamwork than the past maps. You need to all stick together and work out where you're going and when and sort out who's guarding what doors and what windows.

kimahri

CF Legend
No Ollie.

EVILE as in atmospheric and creepy and what not.

And the first time I tried online we survived 2 hellhound rounds.

Ollie

CF Legend
^You have to keep you're group together and go into an area where your backs are against the wall. Then use either a machine gun or trench gun and keep firing at them. Also use your knife.
I always open the door on the first room so when you go downstairs you can go in the little section at the bottom of the stairs (that you should keep blocked up) and there you only have one doorway to cover and you have a gate behind you to make a run for it if things get desperate.