What's new

The Games we play...

Ollie

CF Legend
Some info here on all the new maps for Map Pack 2 for CoD:WaW which comes out next Thursday.
http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtop ... &sk=t&sd=a

Sounds pretty good. Especially all the new stuff in the Zombie map.
Like... (put in spoiler tags to make Clam happy)
Zip-wires to make quick escapes from Zombies
&
Hell Hounds. Zombie dogs FTW! :)

So yeah, should be pretty good. If only then managed to get some of the new stuff into the old zombie maps. Like the perk machines in the original one, along with the announcements.

Also. Just been online with one of my friends so we had a late night/early morning game while chatting away on the headsets. :)

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RrqXm9gEpE[/youtube]

Don't know if anyone here likes J&D but thought i'd post it anyway.

Im a big fan but that trailer make the game look awful, the only reason i'd buy that game now is to keep following the storyline. Keira has gained some weight and her and Jak's voice has changed. I know it's on PSP but still, the graphics could be better.

Just not the same without Naughty Dog... :(

Ollie

CF Legend
Went to play CoD online with my friend again but it wouldn't let us connect for some reason and it kept signing me out of the PSN.

Anyway. We decided to go on Home instead. Those of you who haven't been on for a while will be interested to see how it's changed. It also has alot of new mini-games and areas.

The Xi thing is really good and today they released the third section of it. My friend hadn't started it so he began it and I helped talk him through the first bit using the phone that each character has (never used it before so it was cool :)).
The first bit on Xi is pretty boring as it involves using computers and browsing sites for passwords etc. But once that's done then it gets really good.
The new section is pretty good. It's all about mazes and they are all solved in different ways. I like mazes and puzzles so couldn't wait to give this one a go.
When you first walk into the hall it's just an open area. In front of you are people running round in all directions as you can't see the walls of the maze until you in it. As you run round the walls pop up so you can't cheat and plan your route and it really makes you feel lost.
There are four mazes to complete...

Teamwork Maze:
On the first maze you have to use teamwork to get through. This means helping people who are lost and getting them to stand on pads to open up the next area. You also get caught in traps and have to get other people to help you. It's great fun as you all run round trying to find the golden cup at the end. There's also a neat disco challenge on this maze.

Puzzle Maze:
On this maze you have to work out riddles and puzzles at gates that appear to get through. You have to think carefully about your answer though otherwise it sends you back to the start.

Scary Maze:
This maze says it's not for the faint hearted as it loads. The object of this maze is to go through it, touch the cup and get back. But as you run round ghosts are out to get you and if they catch you or you make contact with them, you'll be dragged through the floor and back to the start.

Expert Maze:
This maze is locked at the moment for some reason so I'll let you know what it's like as soon as it opens and I play through it.

Worth playing and seeing all the new content on Home. It's all free as well which is great. :)

Lewis

Hyper Poster
I bought X-Men Origins: Wolverine today for the 360. I'm quite impressed with it so far, it feels like its gonna be a hack n' slash all the way through, but I don't mind, that's what I want!

I'm also having problems connecting to xbox live because of my MTU on my router, even though it's fine... any ideas anyone?

Ollie

CF Legend
^Get a PS3? :p

I played the demo of Wolverine. Got bored during that, so I know I won't like the full game.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
It's not the xbox itself you plonker, I just dunno what it is tho!

I also bought Mirrors Edge for a tenner, I'm not expecting much.

peep

CF Legend
^I'd like to know what you think of Mirrors Edge. I remember it getting hyped for some unknown reason then it got released and didn't really hear anything after that.

Downloaded the demo for Motorstorm: Pacific Rift today. I just wanted to know what it was like, I think its quite cool, monster trucks for the win. I doubt I'll buy it though, I'll wait for the next Motorstorm game which looks cool.

Also played Burnout Paradise online for the first time in ages earlier. Was awesome, some kid didn't know what a 'northerner' was. I really need to get a mic now, it's so annoying not being able to join in the conversation or taunts.

kimahri

CF Legend
I tried Lumines Live the other day.

It was quite fun actually. The time limit on the trail ran out quicker than I expected.

May pick it up actually.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Germany is going to ban all violent video games in the country. Which also means violent games aren't allowed to be made there anymore either.
http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/blog/article/3870/

They pretty much already did years ago.

For way over a decade now, any game with violence in it had to be heavily censored for the german market.

Personally I have no problem with this.

Amerika has a issue with sex in video games, and will ban any game with sex in it. Personally i think it's a hell of a lot healthier to play/interact/watch people having sex (which the majority of people will do for real in their lifetime) - than it is to have a violent game where you kill people (which you'd hope the majority of people WOULDNT do in real life).

The obsession with making games violent for violents sake - purely to appeal to post-pubescent teenagers is a bit sad in my opinion.

Personally i cant see why any games NEEDS to be violent to be FUN.

Give me a new mario over halo 3/gta 4 (snore) bore fest (where they've replace the "fun" with violence in the hope that it'll make the game better) any day of the week.

Clam : 12 years making games, and only one violent game under my belt (which was a conversion - and i only took the job because i couldnt find anything else at the time)

mrclam

Giga Poster
peep said:
^I'd like to know what you think of Mirrors Edge. I remember it getting hyped for some unknown reason then it got released and didn't really hear anything after that.

Mirrors edge : Fun, linear, and short... But fun. A bit fustrating in places (especially if you're trying to go thru the game without shooting people - but get lost)

But it's short.. dont pay more than $20 (12 quid) for it imho (which is the price i paid, and the price i bought burnout paradise for new too)

peep

CF Legend
^^Ok, cool. It looked quite tricky when I saw someone play a demo in a shop once. I saw it for £15 the other day but it was pre-owned. Maybe I'll wait a while.

Played Burnout Paradise again online and actually got a trophy or two for once. Helps that it was Ollie that was playing online with me. There are quite a few members who have the game on the ps3 aren't there? Maybe we should go online at the same time one day? Could be fun.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^I swear you cheat on Burnout. I did several T-takedowns and it said you took me down. There were loads of times where you got points for takedowns when it was clearly me.

Also everytime your camera came up when I trashed your car it was just you on the sofa and you're mum (I presume it was) doing the ironing. :lol:

It was good fun though. And I got a few more trophies. I also agree all members with it should go on it at the same time soon. Would be good fun. :)

And get a mic as well Peep. Would stop me having to keep my car still like a sitting duck while I type you a mail before you come along and ram me off the road. :p

peep

CF Legend
^I find it messes up occasionally like that. Did it several times to me. I think it also counts both of us taking each other down at the same time on the odd occasion.

I seriously need a mic though. And yeah that was my mum doing the ironing :p I swear you kept disappearing though in your shots? Good laugh it was.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol I was ducking down under the TV to hide from the shot. I also tried to make my eye appear on your screen as well. :p
I just need to do Marked man online now and be the blue car (the one being chased) on road rage.
It was funny trying to time ourselves to collide mid-jump over that bridge though. The first time I went I landed the other side and you were still sat there. :lol: