What's new

The Games we play...

peep

CF Legend
Ollie said:
It was funny trying to time ourselves to collide mid-jump over that bridge though. The first time I went I landed the other side and you were still sat there. :lol:

I seriously didn't think we were going to manage it without any way of coordinating ourselves via a mic or something. Glad we did though :p

And Lain, yeah, my PSN thing should be in the topic Ollie mentioned. It would be awesomes for more peeps to join :p

I may pop into town tomorrow to get a mic headset :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Also the overhead map for the new Nazi Zombie map 'Shi No Numa' has been released.
I believe it's coming out Tomorrow I think.

CoDWaW_MP2_ShiNoNuma_Map.jpg

Soldiers,

We’ve got some bad news. The zombie infestation previously plaguing isolated areas within Germany has spread to the Pacific. Communication is shoddy at best, but we’ve pinned what sounds like an SOS signal to a remote jungle location in Japan.

Heavy fog and impassible swamp terrain have left reconnaissance efforts near fruitless. However, we have secured intelligence supporting the survival of an Allied force in the area. The map below was found on the ground near the signal location, but evacuation became necessary as night began to fall.

Our recon squad is made up of some of the toughest and meanest soldiers you’ll ever meet, but they’re smart enough to get out before the dogs start preying at night; those hounds of Hell make their living counterparts seem about as threatening as a bunch of kittens after dinner.

With the war demanding every ounce of strength we can muster, there’s no telling when a full search and rescue operation will be conducted. For now we can only hope that our soldiers in the swamp can hold the zombies off.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 on the Wii

Best game i've played ALL YEAR - bar none!

And i dont even like golf!

Motion plus is ace, the mini game of disc golf in itself is a fun game. Online works well too.

Great!

10/10

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Played the demo of Rock Band: Unplugged (PSP).

I wasn't sure what to make of this at first. I loved Frequency and Amplitude on the PS2, but it was simpler and only used three buttons.

I don't like it as much as Frequency - yet. It's growing on me though. The track list is excellent and the graphics really nice. It's much more frantic though than the band games I've got used to, you actually have to think as you play rather than just relying on your "guitar skills". So that means you have to make an effort :lol:

Still, it's a brave attempt by Harmonix. They've gone back to their roots with all they've learned, and not just done a simple cop-out like Guitar Hero on the DS (which just never really worked).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I know! :)

It's just I remember how hard Frequency was when you start getting onto the last difficulty level. It was mental, and such a draining game to play - you really have to work much harder than anything Guitar Hero/Rock Band throws at you.

Very tempted - it's only £20 after all, but I still have Patapon 2 to make my way through :)

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm starting to lighten up to Left 4 Dead 2. My cousin has killed the first one for me and it's just not fun to play.

At all.

And Shi no Numa looks AESWOME!

Ollie

CF Legend
All Nazi Zombie fans. Look no further.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxwERKwMTHo[/youtube]

Cannot wait now. Those traps looks awesome. Especially those spiked logs that spin round wiping them all out. :D

peep

CF Legend
Due to Furie's post about Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP I decided to download the demo.

I thought it was great, so much better than I thought it would be. The controls were a lot easier than I imagined and the way you go from instrument to instrument was really cool. It's also a lot better than Guitar Hero on tour. Might consider purchasing it when it's released.

Ollie

CF Legend
Burnout Paradise has being pissing me off alot tonight. I'm only 10 events away from getting the Burnout Licence but all the races are stupidly hard now, my car keeps spinning randomly, I decides to trash itself with the tiniest clip of a hedge, it takes ages to get the boost, and the car keeps taking itself down the wrong roads when racing taking me on a huge detour and loosing me the race seconds away from the finishing line.
Urgh, for ****s sake it's so annoying.

mrclam

Giga Poster
thats it - blame the car for you being bad at the game!

the burnout license is easy btw! You just need to get the best cars for the job.. Dont like racing? do a stunt course...

elite license on the other hand...

Ollie

CF Legend
I've also got to the point where Stunt runs are hard because it requires you getting so many points where the start is miles away from any jumps or ramps.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It can't be as good as Trash Panic which is the best game of the year so far and only £3.50!