What's new

The Games we play...

Ollie

CF Legend
The Dsi looks ****.
I really want to get Flower but not if they want over £6 for it. :p

Isn't there like a way for people to share downloads with up to three other accounts?
Like say Furie downloads something and then logs on on another console they can download it to that console?

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ollie said:

A great piece of entertainment which will keep you entertained for hours - for the price of 2 beers which can be drunk in 30 mins..

No brainer if you ask me - its not as if 6 quid will break the bank!

I do find it strange the people moan about price of 50 quid games - then a game comes out for 6 quid and people moan that it's not as "big" as the 50 quid game.. Oh i dunno.. Buy it! :lol:

Isn't there like a way for people to share downloads with up to three other accounts?
Like say Furie downloads something and then logs on on another console they can download it to that console?

So now you're talking about pirating something which costs 6 quid?!? COME ON! Stop being such a cheap skate.. :lol:

big john

Mega Poster
no idea what the online are up to but i assure ya the same offer is in store for 149.99 we got all the paperwork through today and we start taking pre orders for it tomorrow i can confirm its only one touch screen and the camera is a rather **** .3 mega pixel yes you read that right not 3 meg but 0.3 its just an awfull little pimple on the game sceen but again its got nintendo wrote on it so it will sell crap loads lol. Anyways been playing street fighter todat all day its awsome and it just feels like the old ones did but looks much nicer had to practice all day as we have a compotition tomorrwo at work for charity and i have to play it and beat peole to stop em winnin lol hehe hard day at work then lol

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pierre said:
PS Store Update looks a bit weak this week. :(

Noby Noby Boy

Seriously odd, surreal and addictive. I know the mission now. It takes everyone's lengths they attain and add it to a giant worldwide "girl". As everyone in the world makes her stretch, she reaches the moon, then the other planets. As all PSN users play and report their lengths, she gets longer. So the game only unlocks as more and more people play!

What a bizzare game! :lol:

Ollie said:

What Smelly said. It's £6, just buy it. I've completed it (took about four or five hours - that's taking my time). Will go back through it a few more times to pick up the trophies and have a relax. The hours fly by...

mrclam

Giga Poster
I thought LBP was poop personally.. All these tools i can use to build stuff..

But the gameplay of the game itself wasnt great (could go on for hours about that) - so why would i spend time and effort building something for it? And why would I build stuff for "fun" anyhuws - when i spend my whole day doing just that for money ( :lol: )..

>and the camera is a rather <censored> .3 mega pixel

Well the screen resolution on the DS isnt great - so that's understandable.. It's supposed to be used for doing fun stuff in games rather than taking high quality pictures to use at home..

I dont see the point personally - seems about as pointless as the psp to me

>I really want to get Flower but not if they want over £6 for it.

Marketing men keep telling me that no matter how much people moan that games cost too much - you cant sell a game which is too cheap - as there is a "perceived value" to it. I.e. if it's too cheap, people immediately think "it's cheap therefor it must be bad". Take a hi def tv for example, people would much rather pay $2k for a sony tv than $1.5k for a superior one - because it's expensive so therefor it "must be good". There is apparently a line where the "expensive = good" becomes just "expensive" (i think this happened with the ps3).

But basically the theory is that if you try to sell something cheap.. no matter how much people are told it's great.. they have this switch in their heads which is telling them "it CANT be good.. not at that price".. And so they'll refuse to buy it (or try to get it free, etc etc). Something like "flower" might actually sell more if it was $15 for example..

I always thought this was rot.. But maybe there's some truth in it ?

mrclam

Giga Poster
>Noby Noby Boy

Agree.. this game is tops!

A lot of kids will probably turn their noses up at it because it's not grey and brown and doesnt involve moving a cursor around the screen and pressing A when it's over someones head... Nor does it feature lots of red particle sprites...

.. But it IS a good game.. And those kids will be missing out.

>Flower

Couldnt get into this, but I dont have a ps3 at home so i was playing at work.. Gave it a good couple of hours, would probably be better at home if i was nursing a hangover. :lol:

These are the type of games i expect from Sony (and also nintendo - but they're not delivering goods at the moment), it's these weird quirky things which seem to end up only on sony consoles.. If we'd had more games like this I'd have bought a ps3 for home use years ago..

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't get on with it either (LBP). I find it a little tedious, and moving in and out of the screen really frustrates me. Not used the building tools yet.

However, Minor_Furie loves it, as does MMF. All of Minor_Furie's friends also abandon their 360's and Wii's to come and have multiplayer games on it at our house. They ignore GTA IV and play LBP. So again, I think maybe it's an age thing? Or something? I hate platform games anyway :lol: I DO think it's a great idea though, and the way it works is great. I just hate playing it.

My PSP has a point anyway... We watch films on it on long journeys. Miffs me a bit that there is so little in the way of games on it! There are 50 million PSP's out in the wild, yet I'd struggle to name five games worth getting on it (that aren't PS2 ports). There are more PSPs than there are Wiis for crying out loud! Yet support is beyond abysmal. It's infuriating, because I've played everything worth playing on the DS and want something good to play when I'm out and about every so often... Grrrrr...

mrclam

Giga Poster
>They ignore GTA IV and play LBP.

That's understandable.

I thought LBP was poop.. but compared to the poopyness of GTA4...

(Dont get me wrong.. I *loved* all the other gta games - but this one.. in their quest to become all gritty with super duper graphics, etc.. they forgot to add the "fun").

>There are more PSPs than there are Wiis for crying out loud! Yet support is beyond abysmal.

Are you talking about the psp or the wii? :lol:

3rd party support for the wii is terrible considering how many people own one.. "Hey.. I cant be bothered to make a good game for the wii.. lets make another mini game collection in a few weeks and use the profits to fund that hi quality graphic bore fest for the 360 we've always wanted to make!"

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
These are 12 year olds remember Smelly - so GTA is the best in bragging rights gaming in the playground! :)

mrclam

Giga Poster
furie said:
These are 12 year olds remember Smelly - so GTA is the best in bragging rights gaming in the playground! :)

Ah - i mis-read your post.. for some reason i read it was your brother in laws coming around :lol: :lol: :lol:

mrclam

Giga Poster
Back to game recommendations - in my quest to find something worth playing on the wii i bought:

Deadly Creatures

Not played it too much yet.. Initial thoughts of it are quite good, animation is incredible (not for the squeemish), initially quite fun...

Worried it'll turn into the equivalent of a "button basher" though (but being the wii - that's a swinging masher)

Also:

World Of Goo (wii ware)

ABSOLUTELY FRIGGING FANTASTIC!!! BUY IT!!! Game of the year 2008. Especially fun in 2 players while screaming at the other person that they're doing it wrong.

De Blob

This is fantastic too.. THE best third party full priced game for the wii. Ooozes quality and is fantastic fun..

NEWS JUST IN:

If you're desperate for a DSi (weirdo) you can trade your old DS (or psp if you dont use it - and lets face it you probably dont) in for a DSi for half price:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/game- ... e-dsi-deal

EDIT: There is one VERY VERY good reason to buy the DSi - and that's the ability to download old snes/megadrive games like with wiiware.. But play them on the handheld.. Downloading original sonic, or mario world and playing on a handheld? Yes please!

kimahri

CF Legend
I've really gotten into Unreal Tournament III for some reason.

I played it for a bit and had a bit of fun then went to COD4. I couldn't play it. It was just not interesting or fun or anything. So I went back on UT 3 and it was just repetitively hitting the right notes over and over.

And guess what! I got into a game online! The PS3's online thing ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ONCE. No lag what so ever.

I'm quite looking forward to the map pack Furie mentioned.