What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
Obvious conclusion have been brought up on RE5.

There is no T-virus. Only AIDS.

Predictable wasn't it? How many people you think are going to spaz more for racism?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Picked up FEAR2 today, but only have had the chance to play through the 1st level. 'Tis very cool & creepy so far. :)

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo&eurl=http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/02/13/escape-from-city-17-part-one/ [/youtube]

This is what the Half Life 2 movie could be like. If only!

big john

Mega Poster
Right here goes with my few little mini reviews and game thoughts. After getting quite a few new games from work iv still not had chance to play them all yet and some are older games i never played before so ill go through them too. Also a few are from the ps3 network and XBL so ill do them too hehe.
Right first is

Star wars force unleashed
i didnt get this game on relese as it got bad reviews and after playing it i dont know why it did its a really enjoyable game for star wars fans that is. yes some of it is quite repetetive but meh its still kool to pick guys up with the force and slam them agains walls, And any game that lets you pull star destroyers out of the sky and slam them into the ground is a winner for me lol.

Saints row 2
My thoughts on this is this is the game GTA4 should have been its just more fun and quirky and no stupid phone to bug ya every ten seconds lol. Ye go get it cheep its great fun in 2 player aswell.

Little big planet
Tis awsome game love it to bits dont play it as much as i should but when i do it just makes me smile.

Singstar
lots of fun with the family and friends such a laugh when drunk

Rockband1&2
See above

Call of duty world at war
One word dissapointed its just not COD4 thats all i can say lol

Motorstorm pacific rift
Bloody awsome game i loved the first and love this one even more the makers have lisned to eveything the fans said and made a game for them its just brilliant if you like offroading that is

Prince of Persia
I think this is a love or hate game and i hated all the others apart from the origional but loved this one yes its really easy and you cant techniclt die but the whole thing is just fun and looks amazing and i really enjoyed the stor and where it took me

Mortal kombat vs Dc universe
I love mortal kombat so loved this a lot and the story aint to bad ether a tad short but fun with friends

Need for speed undercover
Now beeing a massive need for speed fan and being let down by pro street i was looking forward to this and i have to say its the most massive pile of crap i played for a long time. thtas all that need to be said ill be off back to most wanted lol

The lord of the rings conquest
Its not a bad game a little short but you get to be the bad guys and smash everything so its not to bad lol. The game is geared more towards online but its fun none the less

midnight club LA
The last one was rubish but they seem to have turned it around for this one its quite fun actualy

ratchet and clank
never been a fan of these games but thought meh ill have a go and its not to bad nothing to scream about but its fun all the same

mirrors edge
i love this game yes its short and yes it can be glitchy but i love it for trying new things

F.E.A.R
only just got this and finished it as i knew fear 2 was forthcoming and to be honest its rather good its been along time since i played a game that i just wanted to sit and play straight through. Yes it very linier and your very closed to where you can go but it reminded me of wolfenstien and doom in that way and i reall enjoyed it and the second game is turning out to be good to even though i shat myself at one point lol

on to psn games

Trials of topic
cant remember the spelling but i got a camera cheep £4 so i thought might as well and its not bad its like marble madness but you use your body to direct the ball

operation creature feture
again a camera game you rescue aliens by grabing them and throwing them at the exit its not to bad

Flower
I have to agree with furie its a truly amazing game and more people need to suport it so they make more games like it its just calming and simple

Magic ball
basicly smashing things with a ball and bat simple as but looks nice in hd with buildings and stuff crumbling

linger in shadows
wierd and mental but interesting all the same cant really explain it think magic eye pic you control with flying cats and dogs lol

right after getting an xbox 360 cheep i got some for that to some are old so just my take on them

Gears of war
got this way back when it came out and the my 360 expolded and never had chance to play it so though a good place to start im really enjoying it it looks nice and plays well and im looking forward to finishing it so i can get the second one lol

Crackdown
old but good one think GTA on steroids i love it

Just cause
again a GTA clone but more mental with stunts and stuff im liking it

Halo 3
yes its the worst of the 3 and i know its pap but i wanna know how it ends so meh ill play it

Perfect dark zero
tis not bad for the whole £1 i paid for it lol

next onto XBL games

Boom Boom rocket
i think its a rather quirky and origional game and i like it think dancing stage with fireworks its quite good

3d ultra mini golf
tis just fun for multiplayer lol

castle crashers
again an awsome and origional game i love it and its even better multiplayer its just like streets of rage but cartoony

Iv been playing more to but for now thats all i can remember ill post more when i get more which sould be soon most on ps3 though as i like my trusty ps3 the best the xbox is good but i just lost confidence in it after my 5th one so will really only use that for exclusives and downloads

Last thoughts are on some demos iv played

Killzone 2
i hated the first killzone but think this is amazing it looks so nice yes i know its just another shooter but for us peeps who like shooters its amazing

Hawx
not bad bit to hard to control i prefer ace combat but not a bad effort

Resident evil 5
CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THIS GAME I just cant belive capcom relised a demo with so many bugs in it

street fighter 4
will be buying this its classic street fighter with new additions its awsome

Silent hill homecoming
Not to sure will have to play more its just not silent hill without the origional developers but could turn out awsome

Halo wars
i hate RTS games but thought this was not to bad think i might take a look at it propper

right thats it im off now so enjoy and keep playing and having fun

marc

CF Legend
Bloody hell John I assume Tanya has been doing all the wedding plans lol.

I agree about Little Big Planet, played it today 1st time in ages and I still love it and smile as well.

kimahri

CF Legend
121435-cat.jpg

Daaaaw

Lain

Giga Poster
COD4...

I haven't been online with it yet, but I'm guessing that's what all the fuss is about. The single player mode is a bit short isn't it?

mrclam

Giga Poster
im still enjoying Burnout Paradise.. it's getting repetitive but i'm still finding it perversly fun.

Best $20 i've spent in a while.

kimahri

CF Legend
Lain said:
COD4...

I haven't been online with it yet, but I'm guessing that's what all the fuss is about. The single player mode is a bit short isn't it?

You'll die a lot to begin with but its fine when you get the hang of it.

It's mostly learning the maps to start with. Like finding the best place to go, figure out where you like to be and other people go and figuring out where the hell grandma's house it.

Once you figure out how you play it gets fun.

Or you can a mass a total of 3 kills and 33 deaths.

If that was me I'd give up out of irritation as well.

Edit:-

I want to fanboi out.

Ruff 'n' Tumble is AMAZINGS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kvpm4t4A1o

All of that running on 512KB ram, 6 MHz processor and a 2 3.5" floppy disks and it was only made by 2 people!

Awesome music, Awesome game play and Awesome graphics!

Does well for a controller with only one button as well!

Erol will agree.

Ollie

CF Legend
Finally got around to playing the Killzone 2 demo today. It was alright I guess. Nothing extremely impressive about it apart from the graphics as everything this game does has been done before.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Where did they bring them too Ollie?

Noby Noby Boy is out tomorrow - you can shag rainbows! Looks superbly stupid - we have the release date on calendar_furie :lol:

Have I mentioned how superb Flower is yet this week? It is you know?

Has anyone else got Crash Commando by the way? I'd like to have an online bash with that, or Age of Booty :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
I've got Crash Commando, its a neat little game, and the online is flawless, but I do suck at it LOL.
Some people on it are just so awesome with the sniper rifle, I always miss every time, so I choose shotgun, a spray of three shots is more likely to hit :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Last night, I had a retro games night round my mates house and we played GoldenEye 007 on the N64.

Although it looks dated now, it's one of the best games ever made IMO. We took it in turns to do life/level each. No game has ever caputured me like GE007 has. It's just simple and fun. I love it.

I've also borrowed Blast Corps and Conker's Bad Fur Day which I've not played for years and I can't wait to get them on again, especially BC. Great puzzle game.

I have also swapped my Wii for a while for my mate's XBOX360.

I've set it up but it doesn't appeal to me just yet....especially as I have Blast Corps and Bad Fur Day begging to be played!