What's new

The Games we play...

mrclam

Giga Poster
Thats true.. but there will be soonerish.

BTW - just played : "Noby Noby Boy" on the ps3 network

.. Best thing since.. erm.. um.. Flower.

I.e. it's very very very good (and cheap too)

And it's not another f-ing shooter too!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Smelly said:
Thats true.. but there will be soonerish.

BTW - just played : "Noby Noby Boy" on the ps3 network

.. Best thing since.. erm.. um.. Flower.

I.e. it's very very very good (and cheap too)

And it's not another f-ing shooter too!

Because of that, I shall mention Deathspank :)

Buy Flower, Noby Noby Boy and Deathspank now - or when they come out! :)

I played Half Life 2 - Episode 2 the other night. I love Half Life, and enjoyed HL2. I tried Episode 1 and got bored. So thought I'd try (because Ploddish sad E1 was rubbish but E2 was fab) Episode 2. It's dull. I'm just so bored of walking down corridors and shooting things. There's a good story in there, but it's brought down by all the walking, bashing, falling, shooting bits. It's not fun at all. I think Orange box was possibly the worst investment I ever made...

Smithy

Strata Poster
I bought Resistance 2 yesterday. Not sure if I prefer it to the first one. Online is immense though. 60 players, no lag, you can work in squads of 5 within your team, and it's hectic fun.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Anyone think Nintendo have finally got the price wrong on something??

Got an email from Game about the New DSi... £159.99 with a 1GB memory card... for what???

Very few games are going to support its extra features at launch.... the only thing which is an immediate improvement is an integrated web browser from what I can see.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nintendo are happy in a place of top of the pile arrogance I think.

That really is a stupid price for it - I just don't know if people will buy into it or not? A lot of Nintendo fanboys are already creaming over it all, but for a company which claims to sell on "gameplay", I think it's just a gimmicky, gadget - five years behind the times.

I'm sure it'll sell billions, as Nintendo seem to be at the moment - but I don't think it deserves to and I think people who buy it over a DS-Lite are fools...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Unreal Tournament 3 is having a major free new update for the PC and PS3.

This is THE shooter on the PS3. I know I whined about shooters earlier, but I find UT really good fun.

If you can get the game cheap, this free pack makes it well worth getting.

Titan.jpg

It includes:
* 16 environments - 4 Warfare, 3 vCTF, 6 Deathmatch, and 3 CTF maps – that are new to the PC and PS3 versions
* Three bonus pack maps, CTF-Face, CTF-Searchlight and DM-Morbias (with preview pics)
* The namesake Titan mutator, which lets players overwhelm opponents as a 15 foot tall titan, or crush them as a 30 foot tall Behemoth
* Greed and Betrayal, two gametypes that breed new-found fervor throughout the competitive UT3 arena
* Two powerful weapons, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon artillery
* Two valuable deployables, the X-Ray Field and Link Station
* The Slow Field power-up, a portable version of the Slow Field deployable
* Stealthbender, a new vehicle that carries two spidermine trap deployables, one EMP mine, and one each of the new Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables
* Two new characters, Nova and Kana (Liandri and Ronin, respectively)
* 57 awards attainable as Steam Achievements and PS3 Trophies
* Broad improvements for PC and PS3: Significant AI enhancements, especially in vehicle gametypes; networking performance upgrades; greatly improved menu flow and UI usability; better mod support
* Client-side demo recording, highly improved Server Browser, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality for PC
* High demand PS3 features including PS3 Trophy support, two-player split-screen support, and mod browsing

I've highlighted the exciting bits :) Splti screen missing killed this for me really - I couldn't obliterate Minor_Furie fromthe sofa, suddenly, the game gets a new lease of life for me.

As well as having the best controller gameplay I've played, you can also use a USB Mouse and Keyboard :)

Ollie

CF Legend
I still wish more people could experience 'The Darkness'. The story is cool and different and the online has an amazing atmosphere (If you ignore the odd bit off lag). It's just that not many people have it so it's quite hard to find anyone online to play. But when you do it's great. And It's one of the few games that I call myself good at I've never played an online match on it where I haven't come out top. :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I played the demo of the Darkness, and thought it was good actually. Just not really my thing, nothing grabbed me by the balls about it. It was different though, and interesting...

kimahri

CF Legend
I liked UT3 for the reasons Furie has mentioned. It's just too over the top to take seriously and it's just fun.

I kinda reminds me of Timesplitters 2 and FP just with the fast forward button on and lack of any monkeys or gingerbread men... which can be modded in anyway.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Pierre said:
Got an email from Game about the New DSi... £159.99 with a 1GB memory card... for what???

Very few games are going to support its extra features at launch.... the only thing which is an immediate improvement is an integrated web browser from what I can see.

It also can download and play retro games.. (like wiiware)

And to be fair 1gb is twice what the wii comes with :lol: :lol: :lol:

But yeah.. totally agree on the price.

big john

Mega Poster
Actually the DSI isnt 159.99 its 149.99 we got all the promo stuff in this morning at work but ye i sgree its **** it dosnt even have a gba slot so no guitar hero for peeps who buy it and stuff like that so i really acnt see it catching on but knowing how much silly people will spend on crap as long as it says nintendo i bet it sells loads

mrclam

Giga Poster
My prediction:

Dsi.. expensive for first 6 months - no real reason to buy it.. but the fanboys will jump on it.

Come christmas it'll be 50 quid cheaper - just as the "must have game" which can ONLY work on the DSi is released and everyone wants one.. Something like nintendogs but with the camera would do nicely.

.. Come december 2010 - everyone will have one.

Come Feb 2011 - DS2 will be released.