What's new

The Games we play...

mrclam

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Anyway I'm working my way through GTAIV slowly. Just done the mission where you are giving a helicopter a chase and have to shoot it down. And now Roman has been kidnapped and I have to find him in a warehouse. Not sure how far through the game I am though as it's huge.

I got bored driving to the start of each mission.. Now I had to do that in previous gta games too.

But in previous GTA games - the driving was fun and unrealistic.

In their persuit to make the game more realistic and grafikally purdy.. they forgot to make it fun (imho)

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah I found that as well Smelly. Driving around is a chore now whereas before it was really fun and you spend most the time ignoring the missions and just running people over. :p

I take the taxi most the time now as it saves loads of time.

kimahri

CF Legend
This may sound bad but I've finished House of the Dead.

Is this bad?

No. It's like Portal and Rez. Short but sweet.

I had a lot of fun playing it. The 4th level and last level especially.

It's like what Quentin Tarantino would do if he made a game and it went in chronological order.

Coupled by the fact I'm borrowing it of my sister's boyfriend I never payed for anything.

Plus the hand cannon is awesome.

As is the sound track.

Ollie

CF Legend
comicfanboy2.png

mrclam

Giga Poster
Aggree Noby is ace!

Also buy "De Blob" on the wii!!!

Good originial innovative games need our love... That way we wont just end up with people making endless fps bore fests as they're the only things which sell...

Ollie

CF Legend
As great as LocoRoco Cocoreccho was I REALLY hope they do a full length LocoRoco for the PS3.
How can you refuse a game with such an AWESOME soundtrack? :p
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7BE7b5ZW_o[/youtube]

kimahri

CF Legend
mrclam said:
Good originial innovative games need our love... That way we wont just end up with people making endless fps bore fests as they're the only things which sell...

This is just like the fighting game boom that happened during the 16 bit era.

They'll stop.

Sure you are going to get some FPS's.

But some game genre will come out and everyone'll latch onto that.

Maybe the Rail shooter will boom or point and click adventure games will make a comeback.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Indie games are on the rise. Like Clam recommended, World of Goo (Which is splendid, and EVERYONE should *PURCHASE* it.); De Blob was based on a tech demo/final project some uni did, and a company took up the idea. Braid is the other one I can think of.

Shorter games with a better hook. Something innovative, anyway. It's what I think we'll see more of.

I mean, I commend EA for going out on what would be a pretty thin line for them: Mirror's Edge and Dead Space. While Dead Space was essentially more of the same but done very well, Mirror's Edge was pretty out there (it seemed to be marketed differently to PoP, is what I mean), and that came up heads. I think we'll see a little more investment in new IPs.

I mean, hell, even Nintendo are making a new IP. That must say something.

The only problem now is the economy, which doesn't seem to be affecting games much at all from what I've seen so far.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ok, I have a problem and I know you guys can help me with it. I was talking to Jerry about F.E.A.R.2, because I don't know if it would scare the piss out of me, and he said demo it before buying. I went do download the demo on Xbox Live, and it said that I couldn't download it because of the rating was restricted or something like that. I went to family settings and downloadable content was allowed, so I went to console settings it said that all game ratings were allowed. I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. Does anybody know how to fix this?

mrclam

Giga Poster
When you initially set up your gamertag/xbla account you gave them your real age.

Only way around it is to set up a new account, and download/play from that.

PS: Fear 2 is a bit poo.. i wouldnt bother if i were you.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Could 2009 finally be the year of the PSP???

It looks like somebody (at Sony) has finally started to take note of the fact that over 50 million have been sold, yet there's less than a handful of games worth playing on it.

Okay, the stuff coming out is just more of the same, but at least they're doing SOMETHING!!!

We have Patapon 2 (patapon was an ace rhythm strategy game :lol: ), Motorstorm (different to the PS3 versions), Little Big Planet, Rock Band!!! (based on Frequency rather than the console versions, which is great as Frequency was an awesome, awesome game) and, erm, lots of crap RPG's Kim would probably go wild about.

I can't believe it's taken almost four years for a decent line-up to head towards the system... I may actually buy something for it now :)

Something for Ollie
PS3 Fanboy said:
Do you know the exact number of Trophies you have ... off the top of your head? We know how tedious it is loading up your PS3 every time you want to remind yourself of your in-game accomplishments. Thankfully, this is now a thing of the past. Once PlayStation.com updates with its new Trophy tracking features, you'll be able to check your PSN level, Trophy count and lists for each individual game from anywhere with internet access.

The update is due to go live tomorrow. The functionality will be very basic at launch, allowing you to simply check your own Trophy stats. After a later update, you'll be able to compare your Trophies against friends' and "look at your Trophies in new and interesting ways." We're hoping the info will be made available for third-party applications and websites to access at some point in the future, too.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ Awesome.

I have noticed the PSP games selection to be a bit meh, I've took my nephew to buy some games before and was thinking, wow, this is all turd.

Good stuff.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
furie said:
erm, lots of crap RPG's Kim would probably go wild about.

Liiiiike?

Disgaea 2, Persona, Astonishia Story 2, Hammerin' Hero (hardcore side scroller platform thing) and Yuusha 30

Dirt 2 has also been announced for the PSP. Dirt was awesome, and the DS has nothing good in the way of driving games. So it's another I may check out.

No Gravity also looks good in an old-school 3D space shooter kind of way (Wing Commander or X-Wing kind of thing).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ah well, I'll not try suggesting things in the future then. You're a bit of a gaming Nazi really aren't you Kim?