What's new

The Games we play...

big john

Mega Poster
picked up a cheep xbox 360 today for £40 on ebay it had RROD so took it to work and swapped it for a brand spanking new 60 gig premium so now downloading loads of games to have fun with. Even though i still prefer my ps3 and will buy all the multi format games on that there are a couple im interested in on 360 so for the cheep price couldnt turn it down really maybe when im board of it in about 6 months ill trade it in for 100 quid and will have made a profit lol hehe.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Stretch said:
So the single player isnt for you - but the multiplayer will be fine! :--D

In all honesty it sounds like they have put quite alot of effort in to the online MP - I'll let ya know once I've played it! :lol:

Nah, because this kind of game just attracts "serious players". You spend you're entire time dead when you're crap (unless you're playing as part of a clan and working together as a solid team unit).

I'll still die all the time on BF1943, but at least on occasion I'll be able to jump into a tank and deal SOME damage! :lol:

marc

CF Legend
John you have turned to the dark side :(.

Glad you got it cheap though as I know how much you love your games, good on you.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol at Marc. :p

I've just got my second Platinum Trophy on the PS3 for getting all the trophies on CoD:WaW.
I've now not got a reason to play it again apart from online. :lol:

And comparing all the trophy cards on the console I'm miles ahead of everyone on my friends list. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
And comparing all the trophy cards on the console I'm miles ahead of everyone on my friends list. :p

I'm so happy for you Ollie. Sadly my spare time is taken up getting drunk, having fun with friends, going to theme parks and having sex (though not always all at the same time ;) ).

So until I'm far too old and sad to no longer do all that, I shall happily remain in the trophy bin! :D

kimahri

CF Legend
I heard that you go infertile at 55.

So you only have 20 years left furie!

And Ollie now my listed weirdo on my PSN friends list. All that work for a number and a little picture? :roll:

Sound familiar?

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yes it does sound a tad familiar. :lol:

Anyone else here with LBP want to organise an online session to play together? We need four of us as one of the trophies is to complete a level with four friends.

If you haven't guessed I've moved onto LBP again to get some more trophies. At the moment I'm currently trying to complete all the levels without dieing. Which has already started to get hard and will be impossible on the last few levels. :(

Lewis

Hyper Poster
^ The Man, he speaks truth.

Seriously Ollie, why does getting silly virtual trophies give you kicks? Its nice to get them when playing along the game but not purposely playing the game for the trophies, kinda defeats the object of playing the game for fun.

Dammit, I just lost the game :roll:

Pierre

Strata Poster
I'm with Ollie tbh. It gives the games a lot more lifespan and makes me feel like I'm getting more for my money. If World at War didn't have trophies I'd have thought it was such a waste, the solo campaign was done in a day, and online for it sucks total balls.

The trophies give me something to and added an extra edge to the game which made me think I didn't quite waste £27 so poorly.

kimahri

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
You really need to get laid Ollie. Seriously.

Ever since the Duelshock 3 controllers got vibration function he never felt alone at night.

Oh yeah Lew, I hate you :p

Ben

CF Legend
You two realise you're on a coaster forum telling someone not to be such a geek...?

Do you like your glasshouse, or have all the rock holes ruined it?

Lewis

Hyper Poster
^ Yes, I couldn't give a flying toss about coasters any more, and I wasn't saying he was a geek at all :?

Hell, I like getting achievements, but I don't set out solely to get them.

Ollie

CF Legend
Just got an E-Mail from Activision that's getting me excited.:p

Listen up soldiers!

New conflicts are on the horizon for Call of Duty: World at War! We're pleased to introduce the contents of our first Downloadable Content (DLC) Map Pack for World at War, which includes three new Multiplayer levels, as well as an additional level for the ever-popular bonus Co-Op mode, Nazi Zombies!

3 Multiplayer maps: Nightfire, Station, Knee Deep
1 Nazi Zombie level: Verrückt (Zombie Asylum)

Click here for more details regarding these maps!

The team has been very quiet regarding details of our DLC until now, and we're so excited to let this content loose. DLC Map Pack #1 is due out in March of '09 for the Xbox 360™, Playstation®3, and PC platforms. More details are soon to come, so be sure to check out CallOfDuty.com for all the latest news and updates regarding CoD:WaW!

And a run down of all the maps:
Nightfire
In "Nightfire," players take to the streets of a war-ravaged Berlin with only the flames of the burning city to expose the enemy.

Station
"Station" offers a bombed out underground train station littered with hidden passageways and destroyed subway cars.

Knee Deep
"Knee Deep" takes place on the island of Peleliu in a once tranquil village turned chaotic Japanese command center.

Verrückt (Zombie Asylum)
The fan favorite 4-player co-op Nazi Zombies Bonus Mode returns with "Verrückt," a terrifying Zombie asylum featuring more weapons, perks via the addition of Perks-a-Cola machines, electroshock defenses and the endless zombie horde.

Sounds good because online is the only good thing about the game. :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
I heard that you go infertile at 55.

So you only have 20 years left furie!

Infertile isn't a problem - it could happen tomorrow for all I care.

Impotence however... ;)

I agree that the trophies add to the games by the way. It gives you a challenge to meet outside of the normal remit of the game (complete level ad infinitum). So it's a good thing. However, making out that by having lots of them makes you somehow superior isn't a good thing ;)

Ollie, I'd love to arrange a game of LBP. I can get two of us on my PS3 anyway (depending on if Minor_Furie is grounded or not). I'm crap at it though, and I'd much prefer if there was voice comms. I don't have a Skype setup close to the PS3 sadly - though may invest in a PSP headphone.

Stretch

Roller Poster
furie said:
I don't have a Skype setup close to the PS3 sadly - though may invest in a PSP headphone.

Captain Cod, Firpyre and I had a game of LBP and used skype a few weeks back, was such a giggle - comms make a good game awesome if you play with the right people (shame I cant find those people...)

spicy

Giga Poster
Let me guess you have to pay for them? Am I the only one who gets annoyed at stuff like this?

I don't mind new maps etc but the downside of having your console on the internet when playing games like NFS when tuning your car you have the option to pay your REAL money to add stuff to your car? I mean what the hell...?

Part of the fun is earning the money in the game then spending it, not spending your actual money on some car on a game, its gone a bit too far with stuff like that imo.

NFS is the first time I have come across it so maybe its just good old EA being greedy. I hope it doesn't happen in more games.

kimahri

CF Legend
Ollie said:
Just got an E-Mail from Activision that's getting me excited.:p

Listen up soldiers!

New conflicts are on the horizon for Call of Duty: World at War! We're pleased to introduce the contents of our first Downloadable Content (DLC) Map Pack for World at War, which includes three new Multiplayer levels, as well as an additional level for the ever-popular bonus Co-Op mode, Nazi Zombies!

3 Multiplayer maps: Nightfire, Station, Knee Deep
1 Nazi Zombie level: Verrückt (Zombie Asylum)

Click here for more details regarding these maps!

The team has been very quiet regarding details of our DLC until now, and we're so excited to let this content loose. DLC Map Pack #1 is due out in March of '09 for the Xbox 360™, Playstation®3, and PC platforms. More details are soon to come, so be sure to check out CallOfDuty.com for all the latest news and updates regarding CoD:WaW!

And a run down of all the maps:
Nightfire
In "Nightfire," players take to the streets of a war-ravaged Berlin with only the flames of the burning city to expose the enemy.

Station
"Station" offers a bombed out underground train station littered with hidden passageways and destroyed subway cars.

Knee Deep
"Knee Deep" takes place on the island of Peleliu in a once tranquil village turned chaotic Japanese command center.

Verrückt (Zombie Asylum)
The fan favorite 4-player co-op Nazi Zombies Bonus Mode returns with "Verrückt," a terrifying Zombie asylum featuring more weapons, perks via the addition of Perks-a-Cola machines, electroshock defenses and the endless zombie horde.

Sounds good because online is the only good thing about the game. :)

Got that email this morning as well.

I would much prefer they added more players to Nazi Zombies. Like doubled everything. Likem 8 players, bigger map, more zombies! Would be mad. Opens up loads more problems but how mad would it be with a bunch of HMG's going off at something the size od a horde in Left 4 Dead (not at the same speed that would be overkill). and maybe have an out side but where the zombies can jump down and get players.

should I stop?