What's new

The Games we play...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ok Ollie, I've requested membership to the clan & group. :)
The backgrounds are great & the banner even better!

Ollie

CF Legend
I've added you both. :)
And I like the banner too Jerry. Took me a while to find some good pictures to edit together for it though but I hope it's paid off.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Sent you a friend invite. :)

I thought that no-one would do this lol. With most the ideas I come up with people think it's pointless.

But I do really like Playfire. The site looks great, the things it lets you do are brilliant and it's a great way to keep track of what everyone else is up to. :p

kimahri

CF Legend
REQUESTING MEMBERSHIP TO CF CLAN AND GROUP!

I had fun finding my games on playfire actually XD.

Nostalgia.

I still have more to add however.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've only got one more trophy left to get on CoD:WaW before I get my second platinum. Sadly it's stupidly hard to get like the others. It's it's the 'Sum of all Zeroes' trophy. Where you've got to shoot down 45 enemy planes on the 'Black Cats' level. It's stupid as the most I can manage is 30. They're really far away and you can see them through all the smoke and the light from the end of your gun means you can't see where they are as well.
Urgh! The sooner I get it done the better as I've hated having to get all the trophies so far on that game and they haven't been very enjoyable to get. And it doesn't help that the story is **** as well.

I'm also level 64 online now. So as soon as I level up I'm not going to prestige as I want to go nuts with the Flame-thrower and stuff to bump my kill count up.

Stretch

Roller Poster
Bit miffed about the trophy sig thingy, I thought it would automatically link to your psn account and update itself, I cant be doing with sitting there and going through every trophy I've won (it'd take literally seconds, but still!)

Ollie

CF Legend
^It's not officially linked with Sony or anything so it can't go onto everyone's accounts and take them. It's only takes a couple of minutes anyway.

Just found something slightly interesting (woo go me :p). It's about all the things that have disappeared such as the Dreamcast, VHS Tapes, Record Players, Commodore 64 and Gameboys :)

LINK!

PLCP

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
I'm also level 64 online now. So as soon as I level up I'm not going to prestige as I want to go nuts with the Flame-thrower and stuff to bump my kill count up.

Trust me, the flamethrower isn't that good. Everyone else thinks its awesome, but it overheats way too fast. You one kill and then you need to wait 5 seconds before you can use it again. But use the M1A1 Carbine for sure. That thing is complete money.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Stretch said:
Bit miffed about the trophy sig thingy, I thought it would automatically link to your psn account and update itself, I cant be doing with sitting there and going through every trophy I've won (it'd take literally seconds, but still!)

It's a pain actually when you've got 60 or 70 trophies, and can't quite remember which one you got and stuff (like I think I had about 18 on Drake's Fortune, but couldn't remember which guns are which, or which ones I'd got).

The PSN/Euro Playstation site are becoming more and more integrated. The PS site already uses your PSN login so you can access the store from a PC/browser, and post on the forums. They're allegedly going to produce a hook into your PSN trophy details etc at some point. Much like MS already do :roll: :lol:

Not played much (some more Everybody's Golf: World Tour with the new Dinosaur course - fab game), but have hammered the Killzone 2 demo.

It's good for a shooter, but Smelly is right. I'm just bored of walking through a level, shooting things, walking through a level, shooting more things.

It's certainly the best I've played, but it's just not fun, or interesting enough to captivate me.

The reason I like the Battlefield games (and UT) is that it's clear you#re making a difference. It's just "a game". You're not trying to open up some kind of story, or complete missions (let's face it, even the best story in a game is really very poor). It's just not satisfying to me. I much prefer to play in a closed map environment, working ina team and making a difference in a game - much like playing British Bulldog, or Rugby or something - only with guns. Real school yard stuff basically.

Obviously, if you love shooting things, then Killzone 2 is really going to do it for you.

Personally, I'm into a quick fun blitz :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
^It's not officially linked with Sony or anything so it can't go onto everyone's accounts and take them. It's only takes a couple of minutes anyway.
I wish I could just edit mine, as the Xbox one is linked & it's borked. I sent them an email asking what's up, but they gave the usual BS, clear your cache & restart your browser, reply. I sent them a reply to their reply, so it'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to un-bork it. At least I'm not the only one with the issue (right kimi & Lewis?), but I have noticed that it does work for others. At least there's hope they'll eventually get it fixed.

Stretch

Roller Poster
furie said:
The reason I like the Battlefield games (and UT) is that it's clear you#re making a difference. It's just "a game". You're not trying to open up some kind of story, or complete missions (let's face it, even the best story in a game is really very poor). It's just not satisfying to me. I much prefer to play in a closed map environment, working ina team and making a difference in a game - much like playing British Bulldog, or Rugby or something - only with guns. Real school yard stuff basically.

Obviously, if you love shooting things, then Killzone 2 is really going to do it for you.

Personally, I'm into a quick fun blitz :)

So the single player isnt for you - but the multiplayer will be fine! :--D

I'm looking forward to the online aspect of killzone as much as I'm looking forward to playing the single player (I still enjoy walking through a level, shooting things, walking through a level and shooting more things.)

In all honesty it sounds like they have put quite alot of effort in to the online MP - I'll let ya know once I've played it! :lol: