What's new

The Games we play...

Ollie

CF Legend
^I know it's meant to be portable but that's only one game for it and Warioware games usually use all available functions. Like Warioware touched made you use the mic and touch screen in lots of different ways, but since that it's just been the touchscreen mostly for games. And even then it's only for menus and stuff as most of the game is played on the top screen. This is moreorless the same as the DS Lite, except it has a camera and a USB socket so you can put photos and things on it.

So not all the games will be like that. It's certainly different though and I love it when games try things that haven't been done before (on a portable console at least).

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
I'm really struggling to beat COD: WaW Burn em' Out on Veteran!

Far too many grenades and the weapon selection is weak to tackle this.

Has anyone had problems with saved data? I sometimes get told the data is incompatible and thus have to start the mission all over again which is annoying considering it takes quite awhile to reach a checkpoint.

spicy

Giga Poster
Mackem Lad said:
Has anyone had problems with saved data? I sometimes get told the data is incompatible and thus have to start the mission all over again which is annoying considering it takes quite awhile to reach a checkpoint.

Are you playing it on PS3? I had it a couple of times but I turned the console off and tried it again and it seemed to load ok after that.

Ollie

CF Legend
Mackem Lad said:
I'm really struggling to beat COD: WaW Burn em' Out on Veteran!

Far too many grenades and the weapon selection is weak to tackle this.
Which part of the mission are you stuck on?
If it's the bit where you've got the bunker to your right and straight on is an open area with loads of enemies firing at you and throwing grenades, then you're at the first section of one of the hardest points in the level.
Smoke grenades are a must so make sure you go into the bunker on the right to pick them up. Don't forget to take out the enemy in there first though.
Then it's just the case of try, try and try again. I threw all my smoke grenades spaced out in the open area trying not to get shot. In the few seconds that they take to deploy I ran back and renewed my supply from the bunker. Then I just ran through the smoke with my flame-thrower burning everywhere in case there was an enemy. The soldiers above the pit should stop firing because they can't see you, but they will use more grenades so watch out for them. Then just try and run to the next checkpoint.
It took me hours to do this bit and the section after this bit is just as hard. But keep trying and soon you'll pass it.

Speaking of CoD5 on Veteran. I'm on the final level 'Downfall' It's defiantly the hardest level on the game and I can't even get round the corner of the FIRST room without getting killed instantly. And when you lob grenades in you get about 5 thrown back at you which kill you. And you can't even edge out slowly to fire at them as as soon as you show even an inch of your body they've fired a bullet through your body.
It's insanely hard. But I'm really determined now as I'm so near to the end of the game.

kimahri

CF Legend
^ Now ask your self this, were you happier playing the game or finishing it.

Anyway, picked up Beyond Good & Evil today.

I loves it. You cannot no like Pey'j. Its impossible.

big john

Mega Poster
^^^^ That game is epic win one of the most overlooked games of all time i still have it and still play it to this day. If you want another properly overlooked game go find sphynx and the cursed mummy thats also great. Have got tons of games latly so will be doing a little mini review of them all shortly for you all to enjoy

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
I am happy that more people are buying BG&E. It might make them make the sequel faster/better.

Ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!

kimahri

CF Legend
Eeeeew Halo.

I had to suffer playing that with my cousins today, I just went to a jumpy thing and stayed there.

It amused me greatly.

Ollie

CF Legend
kimahri said:
^ Now ask your self this, were you happier playing the game or finishing it.
Finishing it definitely. It's just so difficult that it takes all the fun out of the game. And I hate them for making it so hard (like thousands of others do). But it's good to have it there for those gamers who love a hard challenge like that. The only reason I didn't give up and kept going was because I'm working towards my second Platinum trophy.
I've still got a few to get on CoD5 that I can go through the levels on easy and get. But they are still pretty hard like sniping someone with a handgun and shooting down 45 planes when the max I can currently do in the time given is 20 something.
So it surely keeps you busy trying to get all the trophies.

I've also got to do the first few levels or so again on Veteran which shouldn't take as long as the later levels. I couldn't find the mission select screen a while back and I accidentally clicked on start a new game so even though I've already got the trophies for completing them on veteran I haven't got the one for doing all of them as the first few levels got eased from the saved data which is why I'm glad it was only the first few which shouldn't be too hard to do again. :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
Eeeeew Halo.

I had to suffer playing that with my cousins today, I just went to a jumpy thing and stayed there.

It amused me greatly.
It's not Halo - it's Halo Wars. It's a RTS, not a FPS!

Ollie

CF Legend
Can all gamers please make Playfire account? It's an amazing site and it keeps track of basically everything you've done in games and achievements you've earnt.

Sign up and add me as a friend and I'll look into setting up a CF clan so we can work up the leaderboards. :)

Here's the link to my page so you can see what it's about and you can sign up as well. :)
http://www.playfire.com/sillymatman1

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm signed up Ollie & sent you a friend request. Let's get the CF clan started.