What's new

The 2010 Winter Olympics

Brookes

Giga Poster
Britain finally have a gold woo. Skeleton was brilliant especially with Amy Williams winning. Been watching some of the 2 man bobsleigh and it's ridiculous, there's been quite a few crashes so far. It looks really cool though going down that track at them speeds in a bobsleigh.

EDIT: This ski cross is total win.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Enjoyed watching Bode Miller win his first Gold Medal, but that USA-Canada hockey game was awesome! Canada better beat the Germans on Tuesday or the Olympics will be over for the hosts.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Winter Olympics is so boring - how much sledging style events can one man watch?

Answer: None!

nealbie

CF Legend
It's nothing like association football Snoo.

That's like saying powerboats are the same as F1 because they have engines. ;)

Brookes

Giga Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
Enjoyed watching Bode Miller win his first Gold Medal, but that USA-Canada hockey game was awesome! Canada better beat the Germans on Tuesday or the Olympics will be over for the hosts.

Yeah the super combined was amazing, can't believe what a great run he had in the slalom. Unbelievable how everyone after him went off or was way slower, no matter how big of a lead they had.

Hockey is one of the only ones I didn't watch, but the olympics will NOT be over for the hosts because we have still won a lot of medals! We have I think eight so far, nothing compared to America, but good for Canada :p .

UGH and I watched the damn ski races last night, the Canadian having a 75% chance of getting on the podium, and he was set up to win bronze, but fell in the last bit and blew it. Coulda hit him, but I think the ground did that for me :p .

Martyn

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
UGH and I watched the damn ski races last night, the Canadian having a 75% chance of getting on the podium, and he was set up to win bronze, but fell in the last bit and blew it. Coulda hit him, but I think the ground did that for me :p .

The slow-mo replay of the last jump with him flying up out of shot and then crashing down in the background made me chuckle.

I don't know about your commentators, but ours found it all quite funny, there was a point where I was thinking "hang on a minute, is he ok? He's still laying there".

tks

Strata Poster
Claire Balding is a LEGEND.

Did anyone see her rant about the USA and Canada trying to get Amy Williams disqualified? It was brilliant <333

thx

Mega Poster
All I'm saying is that, have Finland EVER sucked this much at Winter Olympics, 1 medal (silver) so far, I mean Australia has more medals than us :roll: COME ON! :lol:

Martyn, I don't think our commentators were particularly amused, probably because it was a Canadian, and the commentators are cheering for our country :p .

We got gold in the ice dancing too, and dayum that girl was pretty.

tks

Strata Poster
I'm in love with some of the people from curling espcially Sebastian Kraupp from the Swedish team!

n709050552_8006.jpg

Nom.

tks

Strata Poster
Taylor has obviously never watched Cricket. The only game which lasts for 5 days and can end in a draw.. :roll:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Curling - Housework on Ice.

Urgh, when will this **** be off my telly and out of my newspapers?

jayjay

Giga Poster
I quite like the curling. I couldn't watch an entire match all the way through but I was really getting into it. Shame our women are out. Up to the men to win it for us now.

I also love the commentators we have. Stine Brun Kjeldaas is completely horrendous at commentating which makes anything she was doing (the snowboarding only really) completely hilarious. She was commentating on the snowboard cross and came out with, "Oh, look at that man. Oh, sorry, I was just looking out of the window." Fantastic. :D

Ian, you know you love the winter olympics really, everybody does.

Snoo

The Legend
Neal said:
It's nothing like association football Snoo.

That's like saying powerboats are the same as F1 because they have engines. ;)

I didn't say they were exact love, just at the basic level they are the same.. just ten times as exciting because of the ice, and hitting, and 10 INCH BLADES THAT COULD CUT YOUR FACE!

:p