What's new

The 2010 Winter Olympics

tks

Strata Poster
Lain said:
Christ, skeleton is terrifying!

This. Everytime one of the women went slightly off course I made a small "eeeeee" noise. I can't believe they get up to 140km/h on a tea tray!! :lol:

I'm now watching people fall over whilst figure skating... :lol: x 100

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^ Ok thanks - I'll go watch it :D

Lain said:
Christ, skeleton is terrifying!

Dammit, I forgot to put skeleton on my things to do before I die (possibly things to do when I die?)... I wanna do that stuff so badly -looks so fun whizzing round picking up all those G's headfirst....

Although, I rather think the sport would be more exciting if they had a wider track and put 3 or 4 of them on it at the same time. Gets boring watching pretty much the same thing happen 20 times. Maybe if they had overbanked turns too... or loops...

Excuse me whilst I go dream up some crazy new winter sport :p:p:p

Brookes

Giga Poster
The skeleton does look pretty crazy, as if there is actually a Brit in the lead at the moment! It looks like it wrecks when they come around the last turn then hit the wall on the last straight.

Did anyone see Shaun White? Can't believe how he did such a great run when he had already ran, and that Tomahawk was nuts!

tks

Strata Poster
^ <333

and

Amy%20Williams.jpg

WIN :D

^ Ew no, not at all.

I'm so proud of Canada though! They're doing so well.

Watched the men's figure skating yesterday night as well, that Plachenko is a goofy looking fellow but he sure can skate. The other guy that got gold was definitely the best though, ahd deserved it, for sure.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Brookes said:
Did anyone see Shaun White?
Truly amazing to pull that off without the need to do so. He's possibly the greatest winter sportsman ever & definitely transcends his sport.

Melissa Hollingsworth might have blown it in the woman's skeleton, but that helmet is just dope.
33b80ab0439ebcfeac1bcc9e21de.jpeg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
WE'RE BACK!!

Woohoo! Five golds now. This looks more like it...

(and yes, we passed Canada on the statistics too!)

I wasn't really going on her looks so much that she just won a gold medal for us..

Haha.. Whoops! I like her shoes.

And yes Poke, Norway did pass Canada but I can't even complain, Canada has done fairy well considering they usually suck. It's such a joke when the Canadian skiiers/snowboarders screw up though, like, half of them have mountains in their fricken backyard and still manage to fail :p .

RCF

Strata Poster
3 more medals for the Americans last night! And the Canadian hockey team was totally kicking butt and that's the only Canadian Olympic team I was keeping track of.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Haha, womens' Super-G was fun, seeing as everyone was mucking the same roller up for a while. And the woman who was was called 'Fischbacher'. Lol.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I enjoyed the woman's Super-G as well, especially Vonn's face when she dropped to third. Fischbacher's run reminded me of Franz Klammer's in '76 - the greatest downhill race of all time.
---
Even though they were disqualified, I can understand why the Brits ejected from their bobsled after watching the Canadians ride it out through their wipeout.
---
He didn't win, but nice recovery by Apollo to get the Bronze.

Pierre said:
tks said:
I wasn't really going on her looks so much that she just won a gold medal for us..

I would.
Amy was looking good during the medal ceremony. :wink:

Gazza

Giga Poster
^Do you think the women are better at it because they are more accustomed to sweeping?

Well, I've already offended a bunch of nationalities, so why not half the human race :lol:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^^Indeed.

And the Norwegian curling team's pants... hilarious. Worst thing is how they got them. You see, their "uniform" originally consisted only of jackets, and the athletes were free to choose pants (and shoes and headwear, for that matter). They felt like finding something they could all wear to look more uniform, and a member of the team was given the task. He returned with something he found in a costume store, and managed to convince all the others to wear them.

And now, they're the big talk of the Olympics. Epic.