What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster
Re: SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

sarahwoolley said:
Lofty said:
YAY. Florida desperately needed a coaster like this.
just wish it wasn't in Seaworld. I know there are lots of differing opinions but I personally would rather see the Orcas as a roller coaster than performing in a little pool! #awaiting lots of abuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you re read the post, I was replying to 'Yay. Florida needs a coaster like this' since I felt that that type of coaster was needed in a state where there are so many coasters. I think the construction looks great and I'm sure it will be a great ride. There you go - I've spelt it out for you that I was praising the coaster since you obviously didn't read the post past the Orca reference.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

sarahwoolley said:
sarahwoolley said:
Lofty said:
just wish it wasn't in Seaworld. I know there are lots of differing opinions but I personally would rather see the Orcas as a roller coaster than performing in a little pool! #awaiting lots of abuse

If you re read the post, I was replying to 'Yay. Florida needs a coaster like this' since I felt that that type of coaster was needed in a state where there are so many coasters. I think the construction looks great and I'm sure it will be a great ride. There you go - I've spelt it out for you that I was praising the coaster since you obviously didn't read the post past the Orca reference.

You quoted Lofty's post but littarly said absolutely nothing about the coaster, except you wished it wasn't built in SeaWorld. After than you only talked about the Orcas...
I understand exacly what you meant by quoting him and making that comment. But then the comments about the Orcas after that had absolutely nothing to do with the ride at all and you did say absolutely anything about the ride?
You say I didn't look past your Orca comment, that was littarly the only thing you commented about?

Edward M

Strata Poster
sarahwoolley said:
sarahwoolley said:
Lofty said:

yNen4e9.gif

Lofty

CF Legend

Owen, Sarah is entitled to her opinion as you are to yours. You had absolutely no reason to go for her like that, so don't get on the defensive when she bites back!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Lofty said:
Owen, Sarah is entitled to her opinion as you are to yours. You had absolutely no reason to go for her like that, so don't get on the defensive when she bites back!
And like I said in my first comment, I know she is entitled to it, but why say something that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. It's obvious people will get there backs up with a comment like that.

Lofty

CF Legend
But it did have something to do with the topic. The post she made has been said quite a few times in this topic, I said the exact same thing once and to be frank, it's true what she's saying about it being a shame that this coaster is in this park, same as Manta. Seaward is completely lifeless and not enjoyable whatsoever.

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster

Lofty said:
Thanks . I can't believe the abuse I have received over something so petty. I'm not going to make any more comments because, frankly, I have a heck of a lot more to worry about. If a comment on a forum causes someone so much anger then I'd happily swap my life with theirs. End of.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Sorry I don't even get what the disability thing has to do with the argument. And Lofty, saying it is 'true' is also just another 'opinion'. Everyone has different ones (which we have all discussed multiple times elsewhere on the forum).

This thread is for talking about the coaster. Can we do that now?

Back on topic: impressed with the theming so far it looks very vibrant.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
There is a separate topic on orcas I thought. That topic I avoid, would rather not plaster it on other areas of the site too.

Is there any news on opening yet? Last I saw was a few pics of employees? riding it.

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster

SilverArrow said:
Sorry I don't even get what the disability thing has to do with the argument. And Lofty, saying it is 'true' is also just another 'opinion'. Everyone has different ones (which we have all discussed multiple times elsewhere on the forum).

I said I wasn't going to add to this but I feel so strongly about the above comment re 'the disability thing'. All I have to say is that if all you're worried about is a post that doesn't agree with yours then what a lovely life you must lead. I'd happily swap lives with you for a few days.

Dar

Hyper Poster
On a coaster forum, comments are generally about coasters with poster's private lives being irrelevant. I know a few people that are disabled enough to not be able to go on many coasters but they still participate because that's what the forum is about/for. I can't stand when people throw their struggles in other people's faces, insinuating that they can't have an opposing opinion. How do you know what struggles they're going through for you to be able to say they must be having a "lovely life"? Frankly, nobody cares about your struggles, especially not when they're thrown about as some kind of argument ending wall.

But Mako looks good, another fun B&M with some good interaction with its surroundings.

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster

[/quote]Frankly, nobody cares about your struggles,[/quote]

What a lovely person you are. I feel sorry for you

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

DelPiero said:
Is there any news on opening yet? Last I saw was a few pics of employees? riding it.
June 10th is the official opening day

Why not have a video
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHblVIE9f_4[/youtubevid]
I really like sharks so stuff like at 1:30-3:40 are lovely touches.
7:25

Edit: Youtube videos are displaying on tapatalk

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

sarahwoolley said:
SilverArrow said:

I said I wasn't going to add to this but I feel so strongly about the above comment re 'the disability thing'. All I have to say is that if all you're worried about is a post that doesn't agree with yours then what a lovely life you must lead. I'd happily swap lives with you for a few days.

Basically read what Dar said.

Your personal life and how 'lovely' everyone else's lives apparently are (although how would you even know) is irrelevant to a rollercoaster discussion.
This is a discussion forum full of opinions, people don't always agree, it is going to happen a lot! We don't all start trying to compare how 'lovely' our lives are as a comeback.

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster
SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

SilverArrow said:
sarahwoolley said:
SilverArrow said:

Basically read what Dar said.

Your personal life and how 'lovely' everyone else's lives apparently are (although how would you even know) is irrelevant to a rollercoaster discussion.
This is a discussion forum full of opinions, people don't always agree, it is going to happen a lot! We don't all start trying to compare how 'lovely' our lives are as a comeback.

Oh the irony of how great a roller coaster I thought it was and planned to discuss. I wasn't given the time of day to air my views and praise their other coasters. Other people who have the same view as me on the ethics of Seaworld on these forums have had nothing like this much abuse. I love coasters and discussing them but will never converse again with the imbeciles who obviously like to bully other people.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
sarahwoolley said:
Oh the irony of how great a roller coaster I thought it was and planned to discuss. I wasn't given the time of day to air my views and praise their other coasters. Other people who have the same view as me on the ethics of Seaworld on these forums have had nothing like this much abuse. I love coasters and discussing them but will never converse again with the imbeciles who obviously like to bully other people.

Haha right ok. If you feel so inclined.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
End of the off topic ****. Discuss the coaster in here, and keep the squabbling out.

If you want to have a discussion about Orcas or disabilities more generally, then please do so in separate topics, of which I'm sure we already have some.

Thanks.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
This theming looks great! That water looks really nice. I want to see this at night with completed lighting.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk