What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The level of detail that went into this coaster is insane. From the Hardhat tour a few weeks ago, I think I heard that there'll be a sound/light effect when the train passes the path, as well as a little show on the roof of the station.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Some might recognize the guy in the back row. ;)

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/MakoMadness/photos/a.1731299890448955.1073741837.1675279969384281/1731300333782244/?type=3&theater[/facebookpost]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

CP6!

nadroJ

CF Legend

Hearing it's a solid addition to the hyper line-up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
It looks really good. Love the little touches to the theming, too, like the sharks being brought into the theming throughout.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Tell me this one doesn't feature the retarded seat belts that the CF/SF hypers have.

As for the coaster, it certainly looks pretty standard yet I have read it rides great.

Martyn B

CF Legend
That area of the park definitely needed regenerating, so this is just perfect. I hope they've spruced up the dated shark encounter thing too, so it's actually worth the time and effort to walk through...

Next up, sort that now completely pointless Arctic explorer area.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
seaworld-mako-4-entrance.jpg

CjfkFq_UgAA6Dzd.jpg

tumblr_nf5nxkoexv1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

The progress of the queue line :)
CjfkH4QUUAA9vpS.jpg

CjfjIM2UkAE1_d_.jpg

CjfjJvkUUAEwwvC.jpg

source/source

Those blue structures that represent looking at the water level from below are both really effective and stylistically satisfying and are strung all over the site.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/WildGravityTrvl/status/735834891682762753[/tweet]
tweet

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WildGravityTrvl/status/734809318705483776[/tweet]
tweet

The coral is gonna look BEAT
[tweet]https://twitter.com/WildGravityTrvl/status/735248145299410944[/tweet]
tweet

Mako mural
[tweet]https://twitter.com/thrillgeek/status/735661247971131392[/tweet]
tweet

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
The whole area looks so vibrant and beautiful!
Oh and that first picture is the same as the second picture for a reason, the shipwreck theming looks brilliant!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster

Lofty said:
YAY. Florida desperately needed a coaster like this.
just wish it wasn't in Seaworld. I know there are lots of differing opinions but I personally would rather see the Orcas as a roller coaster than performing in a little pool! #awaiting lots of abuse

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

sarahwoolley said:
Lofty said:
just wish it wasn't in Seaworld. I know there are lots of differing opinions but I personally would rather see the Orcas as a roller coaster than performing in a little pool! #awaiting lots of abuse

What was the point in even posting that comment? You know that people would disagree, it has nothing to do with this coaster and you basically just looking for an argument?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
sarahwoolley said:
Lofty said:

So if you won a free all-expenses-paid trip to Orlando for Seaworld you'll be sticking to your morals and refusing it right?

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster
SeaWorld Orlando | Mako | B&M Hyper Coaster

owentaylor121 said:
sarahwoolley said:
Lofty said:

What was the point in even posting that comment? You know that people would disagree, it has nothing to do with this coaster and you basically just looking for an argument?

No need to be so rude. The point was completely relevant as I was praising the fact that Florida is finally getting a hyper coaster. We are all entitled to our opinions and there is nothing wrong with airing our views on a forum. Having to live with a life-limiting condition and needing 24 hour care, I have far more things to worry about than 'starting an argument'.

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster

cjbrandy said:
sarahwoolley said:
Lofty said:

So if you won a free all-expenses-paid trip to Orlando for Seaworld you'll be sticking to your morals and refusing it right?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

sarahwoolley said:
owentaylor121 said:
sarahwoolley said:
Lofty said:

No need to be so rude. The point was completely relevant as I was praising the fact that Florida is finally getting a hyper coaster. We are all entitled to our opinions and there is nothing wrong with airing our views on a forum. Having to live with life-limiting condition I have far more things to worry about than 'starting an argument'.

I'm sorry but in what way did you praise it?
Again it's fine to have a different opinion, but the Orcas in captivity have absolutely nothing to do with Mako so what was the point in even posting about them? Like I said you knew people were going to disagree right off, so your irrelevant Orca in captivity point was pretty much looking for an argument.

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster

Well in actual fact I have an all expenses paid visit to Disneyworld but I won't be using it as their policies on disability and facilities for disabled people are absolutely appalling. You need to look at the larger picture here and as I said before I have a heck of a lot more to worry about starting an argument - just airing my opinion which I assume is permitted.

sarahwoolley

Roller Poster

owentaylor121 said:
sarahwoolley said:
owentaylor121 said:
sarahwoolley said:
Lofty said:

No need to be so rude. The point was completely relevant as I was praising the fact that Florida is finally getting a hyper coaster. We are all entitled to our opinions and there is nothing wrong with airing our views on a forum. Having to live with life-limiting condition I have far more things to worry about than 'starting an argument'.

I'm sorry but in what way did you praise it?
Again it's fine to have a different opinion, but the Orcas in captivity have absolutely nothing to do with Mako so what was the point in even posting about them? Like I said you knew people were going to disagree right off, so your irrelevant Orca in captivity point was pretty much looking for an argument.