"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The video comment box on that video said:
Adding comments has been disabled for this video.

A very, very wise move. Every non-thinking being on the Internet will sooner or later post something completely useless and utterly stupid about this coaster.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Looks like they already had problems with Saw last night.

SAW - The Ride: Thorpe Park's new attraction broke down at the celebrity packed opening event.

Thorpe Park bosses were left red-faced when their new £13.5m ride broke down on its first day, in front of a host of celebrities.

The Saw ride, based on the horror film franchise, was being launched by guests such as Jonathan Ross, Mutya Buena and Katie Melua.

Dozens of people were trapped for 15 minutes as the ride’s barriers shut down. Paramedics were called when one woman had a panic attack.

Edith Bowman, Jenni Falconer and Tamara Ecclestone had already been on the ride last night, but other celebrities, including former EastEnder Joe Swash, had not yet had their turn — and after the breakdown they were not allowed on it.

One guest who was trapped said: 'We’d only moved a few metres when we stopped.

The group behind was screaming, "Let us off now! We want to get off this minute! She’s having a panic attack!"

'Even though we could have walked off, officials insisted on fixing harnesses to us and walking us off for health and safety.

'A girl next to me was in tears.'

During the 100-second ride, which at one point is 200m high and drops 100 degrees, actors portray a woman being tortured by a masked maniac, and a 'dead' man is suspended in barbed wire.

The creators of Saw — The Ride promised it would be 'the world’s most terrifying horror rollercoaster'.

Jonathan Ross, who was on the long-anticipated ride with his wife and son, looked shaken when the ride finished, and was seen rubbing his son’s back.

A Thorpe Park spokeswoman said: 'It was a fault with the computer programming.

'The ride was stopped before it reached its most precarious heights.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...reaks-Thorpe-Park-celebrity-launch-party.html

A

Anonymous

Oh Dear....not a good start at all....
Shame it kinda gives away whats happening inside...unless ive missed it and we knew allready =S

One bit seems to stand out though..."which at one point is 200m high"
Sounds a bit off? Or am i greatly mistaken :S

Dave

CF Legend
^ If other parks rarely break a Gerstlauer down then Thorpe must of did a operator error.

Because if you don't dispatch within a certain time the sensors trip out and cause the ride to 'lock down' and you have to get manually reset the ride to get it going again. This is the cause of most 'break downs' with Gerstlauers.

spicy

Giga Poster
Dave said:
Because if you don't dispatch within a certain time the sensors trip out and cause the ride to 'lock down' and you have to get manually reset the ride to get it going again. This is the cause of most 'break downs' with Gerstlauers.

Thats rediculous. So how long do you get to despatch the train before that happens?

Dave

CF Legend
Its not too short, its just a way of keeping the ride moving without stacking. Cobra at Paultons does it, as I remember being caught in one of those 'lock downs' during the ERT we had back in 2006.

Hurri

Mega Poster
Rage has no such system in operation... This incident yesterday sounds more like a gate pull, one of the z-listers pushing or pulling an auto gate, which would cause the ride to stop.

Dave

CF Legend
Wel its not a timer just a car trips a sensor by over running it. Thats what it is, sorry I was talking cack.

A

Anonymous

Did no one else notice in the daily mail report:

During the 100-second ride, which at one point is 200m high and drops 100 degrees, actors portray a woman being tortured by a masked maniac, and a 'dead' man is suspended in barbed wire.

HAHAHAHAHAHA 200 M high? raha

Mike

Giga Poster
So... Thorpe's ****ed it all up then?

How comes pretty much every single other Eurofighter in the world are pretty much renowned for their excellent reliability, yet as soon as they build one at Thorpe (or anything at Thorpe, for that matter), it breaks down straight away? :?

AJ

Giga Poster
It didn't open today at all, with rush and colossus as replacement rides.
The ride has a fault at the bottom of the lift hill apparently. Saw can be run on manual, but it breaks when on automatic. Gerstlauer are sending an engineer over at 5pm tonight. I doubt the ride will be ready for tomorrow mornings live news reports...

Emmett

Giga Poster
The Sun said:
However, busty Chantelle, who splashed out £4,000 on her implants in 2007, was scared the G-force may push her boobs behind her shoulders.

:lol: , I love how The Sun simplify things for everyone. Why did she go in the first place.

More larger photos at the bottom of this article from The Mirror.

http://tiny.cc/L0fVn

image-2-for-stars-at-thorpe-park-gallery-712748780.jpg

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I may not stop laughing tonight...

It really has to be said, but this is just typical Thorpe...

Lift-hill error though could be a problem this weekend... They've got the whole day tomorrow, but depending on what the actual problem is I personally won't expect it to be open on Saturday for the Live...

That said, been there done that in 2005 with Thorpe's new ride being broken for the Live...

Status
Not open for further replies.