What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
Yes which is why that could not less us on.

They were working on it till 1 am in the morning and their priority is to get it ready for tomorrow.

As I said it happens we got a close look at the station from the outside anyway but the paths leading there are not even finished yet they were still working on them.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I guessed on opening day the Colossus side path wouldn't be ready...

Sigh... Hate being right sometimes... Especially when I want Thorpe to actually prove me wrong for something like that...

Dave

CF Legend
^ The one planned from the Colossus path is tricky as I think they have to remove a support from the ride to accomodate it. So would need the ride to have track removed and the support re-worked.

A

Anonymous

I read somewhere that the other path (colossus one) will not be ready til 2010

Ben

CF Legend
I personally still thought the station and area were a bit rubbish. A metal tin of a shop, a sign and a car? That don't impress-a me much.

I agree now I've seen it in person with what I and others said ages ago, it just does not look like a warehouse. It's VERY flat and well... I wasn't impressed.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Sigh... Hate being right sometimes...

hehehe, brilliant, made me laugh. So they're aiming for things to be a-okay for the AP event tomorrow. I guess i'll just have to show up and find out.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Dave said:
^ The one planned from the Colossus path is tricky as I think they have to remove a support from the ride to accomodate it. So would need the ride to have track removed and the support re-worked.

That then has to be the worst ever design for a pathway ever made...

Seriously... Did the designers not notice that flaw? :roll:

marc

CF Legend
All that has probably gone wrong is a 50p sensor but they probably have no spares or dont know how to fix it. If it can run in manual there can not be that much wrong?

Dave

CF Legend
^ Not really, if you've got one path funneling into a dead end then you'll have a crowded area. So the in theory the colossus pathway will ease the crowding once its done.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Builders were still finishing paths and fences while we were there... So it's not quite ready yet...

Oh, and the ride isn't working, did anybody mention that yet? :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Got back a while ago and just come on after having my dinner. I was disappointed that we didn't get to ride or even go inside. But at least we were allowed in the area and got the chance to get some good footage and photos. Hopefully it will be open Saturday.

Oh and we met John Wardly. :D

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
furie said:
Oh, and the ride isn't working, did anybody mention that yet? :p

Oh yes! Totally forgot about that :p

The Saw area looks awful, it does. It's just a shack with a police car and a few signs about with some fencing.

That's all I learned about Saw today. Would have loved to at least have gone in the queueline...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
southend_marc said:
All that has probably gone wrong is a 50p sensor but they probably have no spares or dont know how to fix it. If it can run in manual there can not be that much wrong?

Ah they can fix a sensor easy if it's a physical problem. All coasters use exactly the same sensor so Thorpe will definitely have one in their workshops.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Be more interesting if they don't fix it though, especially if other things have already needed to be replaced this year before opening...

Yes I just wanna see people bitching in the Live topic :lol:

Slash

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Oh and we met John Wardly. :D

Thats awesomely cool, what was the conversation like?

Oh and... I don't think he'll be pleased that you couldn't even spell his name right, it's John Wardley :p

Beans

Hyper Poster
Heres pic of Leigh with John Wardley in the mornning
John is very nice, shy and very quiet spoken, was more than happy to chat to leigh, talked about his No Limits, Nemy Oblivion and a bit about Saw, and how he had seen Leighs No Limits and had even ridden it virtually but had not yet ridden the real one.
sawmediaday1230968i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.