What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke8

Mega Poster
Thats absolutely abysmal.

Gertslauer's are world reknowned for their excellent reliability. And what a surprise, when Thorpe gets one it goes tits up.

Being a wise man who rarely visits Thorpe, I don't have an annual pass so will be making my once-per-year visit on Saturday (urgh, 4 or 5 hour queues, await), it better bloody be open.

So, the Celebrity event; it broke down. The Enthusiast day; it broke down. Great.

A

Anonymous

Im glad I am going on the 20th!
Though no doubt the reliability of other rides will be screwed. I give them once chance a season and usually they screw it up. I hope they don't this year!

Bet guest services Que's will be massive on Saturday!

Jools

Giga Poster
So we've had problems with:
Colossus - Bad reliability
Stealth - Constant rollbacks and bad reliability
Rush - Broke
Slammer - Use to have poor reliability
SAW - Breaks down before official opening
Zodiac - replaced due to bad reliability
Detonator - Use to have bad reliability
Calgary Stampede - not only removed because of Samurai, but because of... wait for it, you'll never guess... poor reliability.

Did Nemesis Infenro have a cock up?
Seriously I've always looked at Thorpe as a reliable park after all the times I've been, apart from when Rush was closed, but now this is getting rediculous, I take it they've had complaints.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
To be fair, if any ride was going to break down, it would break down in the first full day of operating.

I'm not surprised.

spicy

Giga Poster
Jonathan Ross on Twitter said:
Saw ride funderful. Great and scary.face bit hearing jigsaw give out the safety instructions ! "keep your head back " too cool !

Jigsaws voice <3

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
spicy said:
Dave said:
Because if you don't dispatch within a certain time the sensors trip out and cause the ride to 'lock down' and you have to get manually reset the ride to get it going again. This is the cause of most 'break downs' with Gerstlauers.

Thats rediculous. So how long do you get to despatch the train before that happens?

MS Wild Mouse rides such as Rattle Snake at Chessington, also have this problem.

spicy

Giga Poster
^^ Dave said he was talking cack and its when a car trips a sensor though?

Dave said:
Wel its not a timer just a car trips a sensor by over running it. Thats what it is, sorry I was talking cack.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
Cor, I wouldn't mind giving Ross' missus one.

I had a quick look at that POV/DVD thing (didn't want to spoil it too much) but yes, it does look quite rough. Guess I'll find out in a few hours.

You may not get the chance. :lol:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
spicy said:

Dave said:
Wel its not a timer just a car trips a sensor by over running it. Thats what it is, sorry I was talking cack.

Nope.

If you dispatch a car too late, it causes a "Block Shutdown". You can dispatch a train as soon as you want, if the PLC's block counter allowed it. Dave was half talking cack, as it doesn't trip any sensors, in actual fact, it trips the PLC and shuts the whole thing down. You can only reset the ride in manual by releasing each block-section individually and bringing them all back to the nearest blocks to the station.

Dave, you shouldn't have gone back on what you first said, you were 70% there with what you wrote.

Dave

CF Legend
spicy said:

Dave said:

Im not 100% on if I was right. As it was a Bobsled I was talking about not a Eurofighter.

marc

CF Legend
Just got back.

Big fail thats all I can really say tbh what can you do.

What was even worse was seeing the ride testing when we were stood there :( It works in manual just not automatic so we were told.

Not really good and I hate to hear what the press will say after they were cancelled or turned away.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well it's actually illegal to operate a roller coaster in manual with guests aboard. Only in extreme circumstances can this happen, and an engineer must be present.

To me, it just sounds like a timing issue, this can be fixed by adjusting the sensors. It's an easy thing to sort out, but it takes a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.