"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tell you what, I'll lock it exactly 24 hours before the Live takes place. That way we can use the Live timer, just take a day off!

And neo - LOL!

Jools

Giga Poster
By the sounds of it, people aren't expecting a lot from this ride, but I love the fact they always get the older women presenters to do news reports on rides, as they are the wimpiest and find Waltzers scary :lol:

She said "I had my eyes shut nearly all the time"
I should imagine she would on nearly every other ride in the park too.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Just watched the BBC report and the station looks like X:/WTF :p Hope the queueline is better.

Looks better from the angles that they had then I expected, so looking forward to tomorrow now.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I thought you decided not to go in the end.

About this onride DVD you can purchase. Will it be similar to the Yourday thing at Alton or are there cameras on the train that face the riders.
I was re-watching the news and was wondering why they would attach a camera to the front when they could just the the ones on the ride. Also there's those white plates at the bottom of the lift hill similar to the ones that you pass before it starts recording at Alton.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ No, I'm going :D

Erm, something to go on the end of this post...I want to get some good footage tomorrow so I can put together a decent vid and score some hits on the dying youtube :D

marc

CF Legend
£12 for one coaster is a lot of money, personally I dont think its worth it but then again I dont really think any of them are. I feel they need to include sound.

Ollie

CF Legend
^The price is actually ok if you compare it to the cost of the ORP's. But compare them to normal feature length DVDs in shops it's a big con and them trying to get more money. I bet it cost's them pence to make each one.

Ollie

CF Legend
Uncle Arly said:
Sorry if this has already been answered, but is the video on-ride footage of yourself or stock footage like YourDay?
Not 100% sure. We'll try and find out tomorrow.

Emmett

Giga Poster
A-Kid said:
Including: Kara Tointon, Joe Swash, Jessie Wallace, Dermot O'Leary, Jonathan Ross, Katie Melua, Ralf Little and more...

Z-Listers galore. Looks like the list from the next Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

Pitty you can't enlarge the photos on that site.

I'm still trying to work out if there is a bump on the bottom of the drop from the Sky News clip. :?:

Ollie

CF Legend
It does look quite rough. I assume there's quite high G's there. The trains did seem to jerk at the bottom when we watched it testing last month.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Cor, I wouldn't mind giving Ross' missus one.

I had a quick look at that POV/DVD thing (didn't want to spoil it too much) but yes, it does look quite rough. Guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Do you think that Sky News video is the ORD?

Got to get used to writing that now if more rides start to get them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.