What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
Was that taken after they covered up the outside of the station and they lifted things into it via crane?

Seems like it on the image as the walls look thick and you can see the crane lowering things into the building around the area where the inside drop is.

Mark

Strata Poster
Just a quickie and I don't know it has been mentioned.

We bought the Saw V dvd yesterday and Marc has just put it on. One of the trailers on the lead in was the one for the ride with the guy in the chair.... I resume this is the one going out in cinemas too.

I will take my hat off to Thorpe here. They are marketing the hell out of this one... more then they have ever done before so I wouldn't be surprised if they are even busier this year!

A

Anonymous

Im not sure how recent....but i was also surprised at the amount of change there.
Off topic slightly...but i never noticed the land just to the left of stealth before..seems their doing something there too maybe. Another discussion will follow no doubt. Unless ive missed it already.

Also, i didn't realize how much more they've added just to make the ride fit in.

Ollie

CF Legend
Mark said:
We bought the Saw V dvd yesterday and Marc has just put it on. One of the trailers on the lead in was the one for the ride with the guy in the chair.... I resume this is the one going out in cinemas too.

I got Saw V on DVD today but haven't watched it yet. Is it a new trailer or was it the one first released when they announced that it was going to be Saw: The Ride? You know the one with the guy tied up and he plays the tape and then jigsaw appears on the TV saying how he's bringing the new 'ultimate terror to Thorpe Park'.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^That's not the one in the cinema Mark...

I wasn't seeing things... Honest... :lol: People will back me up...

EDIT: A friend of mine has been in the ride area (And apparently on the ride) yesterday, and beats everyone on here :lol:

Looks rather good signage wise, although the building is still quite poor... There appears to be a removeable sign about the actors, which is effectively a warning saying there will be some today...

However, quite worringly looks like the path from Crust is nowhere near finished... That should be fun for you all on Saturday...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I don't think there's a pump at the bottom of the drop, I think both riders ducked at the same time. A natural reaction to that spinning blade head chopper.

Ollie

CF Legend
^When we were watching the ride testing the day the park opened you could see the cars shake quite violently as it got to the bottom of the drop.
We'll just have to wait and see. :)

Louis!

Mega Poster
Inverse said:
I won tickets to the AP event on Friday. Anyone else going? Any idea what other rides might be open?

Yes, I will be there Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

On friday the other rides are meant to be Vortex, Zodiac, Quantum, Rush & Colossus

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
THE BLADES DIDN@T SPIN! LOLZ!!!!!11!

Ollie

CF Legend
^I still think they do. It's just that its hardly worth turning on for a single group of people and a news reporter.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I can't wait for Friday when I'm going to get a lot of satisfaction locking this spam-ridden topic.

However, I will set up the ride page on Friday, but I'm not going to put the rating system on there until at least a month later. The problem with new rides is that everybody thinks they are amazing and rate them highly, justified or not. Let people ride it a few times so a fair score can be reached.

And as much as it pains me, I expect a lot of Saw topics to crop up over the next few weeks. I will set up a topic where we can discuss it tomorrow evening once I've returned from riding it and that can be the one topic!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Haha, you should add a countdown like on the CF-Live forum.

"xx minutes, xx seconds until the Saw topic is finally locked"

neo

Mega Poster
Of course next year they’ll be another 100-page topic about the alleged Saw – The Ride: Extreme Edition upgrade; said upgrade may see the blades spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.