What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, it's a fuzzy area because no-one, well, no-one really cares. Beyond us sad people, no-one else would really care if there's a few B&Ms in Spain which pull more force (I'm guessing here, Thorpe COULD be telling the truth, but, I'm struggling to think of six areas on Saw which would pull 4.5g+, while I can think of a lot of coasters across Europe that almost certainly would).

I mean, technically, Blackpool aren't allowed to lie about PMBO, or Infusion, and yet they do, and no-one kicks up a fuss outside of internet forums. "Inflating" the truth isn't allowed, but, is common practice amongst parks (I'd say Thorpe even did it before with the whole Stealth-now-faster thing, but, that's conjuncture, not fact).

marc

CF Legend
I have tbh I can not see anywhere on this coaster that you will get 4.5g let alone in 6 places.

I have seen and ridden coasters that look faster and take the inversions faster, but its hard to know for sure until I have been on it.

You will get some g thats for sure, you get quiet a bit on Rage.

Will know soon anyway.

Where did you get the stats from Ollie?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I mean, technically, Blackpool aren't allowed to lie about PMBO, or Infusion, and yet they do, and no-one kicks up a fuss outside of internet forums. "Inflating" the truth isn't allowed, but, is common practice amongst parks (I'd say Thorpe even did it before with the whole Stealth-now-faster thing, but, that's conjuncture, not fact).

Every park pulls a publicity stunt in someway.

Alton Towers, we'll make the rain stop, anyone remeber that in 2007??

Pleasure Beach & Europa Park have a great relationship at board level, hence why EP dont really give a rats arse about BPB advertising PMBO the way they do.

Dave

CF Legend
Bicko said:
Alton Towers, we'll make the rain stop, anyone remeber that in 2007??

Thats a terrible example. Lets not descend into a Blackpool bashing argument.

Is there even 6 places on Saw that you can get 4.5g's? Most members of the GP don't give a rats arse about g-forces. The only places that'll have that amount of force is the bottom of the drop and gong up the Immelman.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
Dave said:
Most members of the GP don't give a rats arse about g-forces. The only places that'll have that amount of force is the bottom of the drop and gong up the Immelman.

Lol, yes. As far as the general public go "It doesn't go upside down as many times as colossus but its like a steeper version of oblivion so thats good".

marc

CF Legend
Bicko said:
southend_marc said:
What about the Blackpool Pleasure Beach group or what ever they are called now?

Not quite sure why Thorpe would invite the BPB Guide.

Thorpe hardly gets a mention on the BPB Guide anyway..

I would like to say sorry for this post I meant no offense, I really could not remember the name of the site so sorry if it came across the wrong way.

Marc

Louis!

Mega Poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ZKWPrb ... age&fmt=18

For those of you that wish to view the news item on the BBC London Evening News. Apparently this contains a POV, I havent yet watched so I don't know if this is true, so if you don't wish to have the ride spoiled, don't watch :p

Edit: It didnt really contain much of a POV and no indoor parts were shown except a bit of the station. Is a nice video though.

Emmett

Giga Poster
The Brain Injury Association at the end :lol: , that should re-assure all the nervous riders.

Nice report anyway, they didn't give too much away with the inside and in the pov. Also the blades weren't spinning on the drop.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I just saw it on TV (and recorded it but that user beat me to it). Wow darrens head flys about! I knew it had a shuffle on that drop but that looks like a right neck chopper. Ah well, It will still be awesome.

The dick head at the end of the video should be shot though. Coasters are good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.