Status
Not open for further replies.

neo

Mega Poster
Mark said:
Joey said:
A-Kid said:
Joey said:
I still skeptical that the saws will spin. Regardless of whether or not I turn out to be wrong the evidence for them spinning is frankly lame.

The advert says so, so they will?

The saws on the drop WILL spin.
Ooooo, the evidence mounts!

An advert says so, and a-kid says so. Wow, it must be true.

And as I have pointed out several times now, you can see the axle points and where the axle leads to. The box which has doors on it, you can see the hinges, which suggests they can get into it... ie Maintenance Of course, that is not confirmation all on its own, but it certainly suggests something a little more then a stationary prop.

This is further backed up on the latest update as you can see two guys working on one end of it. What on earth would they be working on if it was just a stationary prop. Also, according to the update it has been seen spinning!

There's also an electrical isolator on the building adjacent to the box. It can be seen in this photo:

http://www.thorpeparkguide.com/archives ... r09-21.jpg

It also seems like they may be covering the saw blades after all. As in the update below new struts can be seen in the frame:

http://projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/141

Ollie

CF Legend
So far it's
CoasterForce
RCCGB
TPR
ECC
Thorpe Park Mania
Thorpe Park Guide
South Parks
Towers Nerd
Ride Guide

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
^I think all annual pass holders got one. And the competition is pointless as the people who got married have ridden it, plus all their guests got to ride. And staff have ridden it. And about 100 people will be riding it on Thursday.
So that's about 250 people before it's even open on the Friday.
So that competition is hardly "Be the first to ride".

Well I gathered that I will not be the 'first' to ride, but I still get to ride it before the masses, and hopefully won't have to queue for a couple of hours. Plus means I get free entry to the park as well, so can't complain.

I will take loads of pics for people, but also won't give away too much as that wouldn't be fair on people.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
So far it's
CoasterForce
RCCGB
TPR
ECC
Thorpe Park Mania
Thorpe Park Guide
South Parks
Towers Nerd
Ride Guide

Southparks wern't invited to the preview day on Thursday, since they were talking about it on their forums only a few hours ago.

Towers Nerd say on their site that they're visiting and giving live updates on the Friday - nothing about Thursday.

Thorpe Park Guide are exactly the same people as Southparks.

...and again, I can't find anything about it from the ECC or TPR.

So unless you know something that I don't, or i'm just blind, half of those won't be there.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
^I think all annual pass holders got one. And the competition is pointless as the people who got married have ridden it, plus all their guests got to ride. And staff have ridden it. And about 100 people will be riding it on Thursday.
So that's about 250 people before it's even open on the Friday.
So that competition is hardly "Be the first to ride".

a) Wrong... The contest people start off at 10:30... Annual Passes at the time indicated...

b) How many GP will know of these coaster groups?

c) The married couple DID NOT RIDE IT... Considering several members from SP told me this, I believe that to be the case... They sat on a train on the brakes I am told...

Who really cares? The main thought of first to ride to the average person will not include the staff, and as I said, they won't know about the coaster clubs getting there as well...

Ollie fails :p

Peter

Hyper Poster
There are some pictures of some people riding on the Thorpe Park website now:

http://www.thorpepark.com/photos-saw.php

You can't really expect the "Ride it First" to actually ride it first. Its always the management/construction workers/staff and friends/family of those involved who get to experience it.

I'd actually hope they test the ride with people on before anyone of the GP (which include the ride it first winners) get to ride it. Chances are people have been riding it daily for the past few weeks.

I can't wait to ride this now! Hopefully all the effects and stuff (including actors) will be present and working on the Thursday. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't care if I'm first to ride but riding it on Thursday will be something to brag about on Youtube and to people at the park later in the year. :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm quite surprised that Southparks didn't get an invite. They're the biggest Thorpe fanboys I know!

Perhaps their invite was sent to somebody else, like mine was. I checked and CF's was sent at the same time as the other "clubs", just not directly to me which is where the confusion was.

I did hear on the grapevine that Thorpe were not too happy about a photo they displayed taken from Colossus' lift hill? How much of that is true I don't know as I don't follow other sites, but I am quite surprised they didn't get an invite.

Hey ho, roll on Thursday. Ian wants to go in restricted areas and get some exclusive shots!

Ollie

CF Legend
^Same here I'm recording a documentary and taking photos for Scare-E TV. :) But not after I've got videos on Youtube to get exclusive hits first. :p

A-Kid

Giga Poster
CoasterForce
RCCGB
TPR
European Coaster Club
Thorpe Park Mania
Ride Guide

Correct.

Southparks are not invited for reasons that I will not mention. I say no more.

I cant wait untill Thursday now!! So excited!!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
I don't care if I'm first to ride but riding it on Thursday will be something to brag about on Youtube and to people at the park later in the year. :lol:

Arrogance thy name is Ollie ;)

Especially if you're just gonna go on and on and on about it to us, although most gp at Thorpe will think you are 'well sik' knowing their IQ...

Another pointless post in this topic... Horray for me...

EDIT: Another page in fact... Lol...

Ollie

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Especially if you're just gonna go on and on and on about it to us,
Those going have already agreed that we're not going to post spoilers about the ride.
I'm going to try my best to keep my mouth shut about it. :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I will post a video etc but will make it hyper links than embedding the vids for those who do not want the ride experience to be spoiled.

I will not speak of my experience etc on the forums.

marc

CF Legend
Tbh i think there should be an agreement that no videos are posted until after Saturday?

Dont know if you agree or not but its not fair to ruin it for people.

marc

CF Legend
It does not bother me but I am just thinking about everyone else, the chances are you will not be allowed videos anyway and if they say no you should stick to what they say.

Going on Thursday is a privalidge and one that should not be abused.

Or maybe next time they will think twice about asking people.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
southend_marc said:
It does not bother me but I am just thinking about everyone else, the chances are you will not be allowed videos anyway and if they say no you should stick to what they say.

Going on Thursday is a privalidge and one that should not be abused.

Or maybe next time they will think twice about asking people.
I agree, I don't think I will be bringing my camera along, and I don't think other people should.

Status
Not open for further replies.