"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, you're 17, not in compulsory education, so that's fine. As I said, it's not a good example to set if people miss school because of it.

Ollie

CF Legend
I can easily get the day off. As long as I either do a video report or write a kind of review/essay thing after it so it's media related.

nealbie

CF Legend
If I win said competition then I'll make sure my mum makes college aware that I'm "Ill" on Thursday morning :wink:

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Thankfully I'm off college that day.. So fingers crossed!! Since I won't be able to ride it while you guys do!

Gah! Can't wait to ride this now! Will be able to get a better look at it tomorrow hopefully.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I don't get the competition, Ian?

You've given us 3 boxes, but you don't tell us what we're supposed to do with those boxes or why they are there, other than make us go through pain?

*confused*

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ please use the comp topic for questions about the comp. Leave this topic for construction only.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well I thought this place was the place to do it since it was actively talking about the comp anyway...
Oh well, lets keep on topic.

ermmm, - Saw looks great, can't wait, I hope they finished that second pathway.

A

Anonymous

The Galaxy Spinner TRI Track Question

Dave said:
Coaster-Fiend said:
furie said:
As was also discussed, Alton have spent a large amount on just trying to keep air going - and let's face it- Thorpe's maintenance isn't quite all it could be ;)

They've also had issues with Intamin and S&S, so why not try for the little guy? The Eurofighters may be cheap, but they're reliable. You can spend what you save on theming and maybe a new flat ride. The GP wont care in the slightest, just a handful of picky arse enthusiasts.

So Thorpe are onto a winner...

Good points, I have been on Speed and it does provide some nice forces and the first drop is cool.

If more of this coaster was concealed like Mystery Mine then I think it could be REALLY cool, but from the plans it seems that most of the track is outdoors. The only way I reckon the theming (how ever good it might be) could benefit the coaster would be if more of it was integrated into the ride experience.

If Euro Fighters are reliable that's good, but I understand B&M tend to require the least maintenance.. What exactly has AIR needed? That thing does look a little rusty around the edges these days... makes me wonder about that. It was only 2002, you would have thought AT would have painted it with that special stuff BPB coated the PMBO with.

Err...

Does anyone know why past Euro Fighters comprise of a solely 2D track, yet the the new Spongebob coaster is made up of a 3D triangle track similar to Intamin?,.. Is this the EF MkII?

http://rcdb.com/ig3727.htm

The thing with AIR was mainly it being a prototype, so theres a lot of problems with prototypes usually. First it was a problem with the loading system, then sensors. Its a very complex machine.

I think the plans for Project Dylan do look really good, with the first part concealed leaving the heartline roll at the very beginning a nice little suprise for riders. The rest of the ride looks fast and thrilling, which I like in rides. Long as it dosen't fall to Small Train syndrome and quickly loose pace at the top of inversions.
Gerstlauer first used the tri-track on their 320 model Eurofighters (like Rage: http://www.rcdb.com/ig3573.htm?picture=13), this is to save money basically. You think that supports are the most expensive part of the ride, and if you use bi-rail your going to need a lot of supports, like Speed's helix for example, that utilizes so many supports because the G-force on it is about 4-5.5 G's.
http://www.rcdb.com/ig2721.htm?picture=20

Where as with tri-track you can slash costs with using the strenght of tri-track and loosing a few supports. This can mean Gersltauer can pretty much put any roller coaster into any park, like the Mall in Canada, which has a Gerstlauer Spinner shoe-horned into it, which uses tri-track.
http://www.rcdb.com/ig3829.htm?picture=6
In that picture you can see with tri-track the brake run looks un-supported, which shows the strength the track has.
Like UC said its just a development of the Eurofighter, as the rides are being reuqested bigger into the Giant Eurofighters the tri-track is seen to be used.

I know this is a bnit out of reach as this was posted ages ago , but the tri track was only really used one , as to save money , and 2 , Cause oakwoods eurofighter is custom made , and has no major inversions e.g the inline twist. I can undestand them using tri track now , but if you look at previews , the first drop inside the building or the inline twist doesnt use tri track , so i am a bit confused atm.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
Peter (kind enough to drive me)

Lol, like I was gonna turn down a trip to ride Saw on Thursday - especially since I drive right past your house on the way. :lol:

I'll be missing something like 5 lectures at Uni, but meh.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I saw the advert for it before Watchmen today...

It effectively confirms that the saws WILL SPIN on the drop since they did in the ad...

That is all...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's so new it's not even on Youtube yes...

It cut into the Pearl and Dean bit...
It started with the 'Survived Stealth' and 'Conquered Colossus'
Then had Jigsaw appear on a tv...
Then clips of the ride's drop...

That's about all I can actually remember, none of the insides were shown, and wasn't exceedingly long...
So looks like TV spots are starting this week, which they need to really considering that's the first advert for it I've seen off the net...

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
You'll notice more adverts nearer Summer, you'll only get a few TV ones now.
Though I have heard Kiss100 radio advertising it, well, they are the official sponsors of Thorpe Park.

spicy

Giga Poster
^ That isn't the advert that Nemesis Inferno describes though Slash. It seems they aren't using that advert.

Status
Not open for further replies.