What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I still skeptical that the saws will spin. Regardless of whether or not I turn out to be wrong the evidence for them spinning is frankly lame.

The advert says so, so they will?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If anybody has any questions they'd like me to ask/answer when I visit on Friday, please PM me. (Don't post in here as it'll get lost with the spam.)

I will let you know about the saw blades.

I - and the others going - will not spoil the ride on CoasterForce, so we wont mention specifics about the theme.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Joey said:
I still skeptical that the saws will spin. Regardless of whether or not I turn out to be wrong the evidence for them spinning is frankly lame.

The saws on the drop WILL spin.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Today work was being carried out on the theming elements of the ride including the huge Saws above the first drop creating the head chopper effect.

Today we saw a look at some of the rides impressive theming in action, after work being carried out on them throughout the day, Saw's head chopper blades were spinning later in the day, along with the police car's lights and the flickering entrance sign lights.

Aswell as pictures from Saturday and Sunday, Source:
http://projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/141

Mark

Strata Poster
Ian said:
If anybody has any questions they'd like me to ask/answer when I visit on Friday, please PM me. (Don't post in here as it'll get lost with the spam.)

I will let you know about the saw blades.

I - and the others going - will not spoil the ride on CoasterForce, so we wont mention specifics about the theme.

Friday.... or THURSDAY Ian?

Swat, cheers for the update! At least that answers the questions about the circular saw. Again. :p As I said a few weeks ago, you can tell by the massive axle and where it leads to (which is a box with doors that open, clearly to give maintenance access) they were going to spin. I am glad it has finally been seen and noted!

[Yes - I meant Thursday! :oops: - Ian]

Inverse

Hyper Poster
er... think i just won 2 tickets to the Annual Pass event on friday... i just, sort of entered a Merlin competition and it said i won it was kinda quick.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
A-Kid said:
Joey said:

Ooooo, the evidence mounts!

An advert says so, and a-kid says so. Wow, it must be true.

luke8

Mega Poster
No Joey, they will spin, and its more than just an advert and A-Kid.

As has been pointed out numerous times, there is a small box, with a motor in connected to the saw blades. Why would they stick a random motor in a box and connect it to the saws? Exactly, to get them to spin.

And, as that construction website says (and theyve clearly been the most consistent, correct site covering this construction), the blades WILL spin.

Well, until they break anyway!

Mark

Strata Poster
Joey said:
A-Kid said:
Joey said:

Ooooo, the evidence mounts!

An advert says so, and a-kid says so. Wow, it must be true.

And as I have pointed out several times now, you can see the axle points and where the axle leads to. The box which has doors on it, you can see the hinges, which suggests they can get into it... ie Maintenance Of course, that is not confirmation all on its own, but it certainly suggests something a little more then a stationary prop.

This is further backed up on the latest update as you can see two guys working on one end of it. What on earth would they be working on if it was just a stationary prop. Also, according to the update it has been seen spinning!

Ollie

CF Legend
Not sure if anyone's seen the new map for this year.
Here's the new section with Saw on it.
Saw.jpg

And here's a link for the whole map:
http://www.thorpepark.com/thorpe_map_2009.pdf

A

Anonymous

Has anyone else received an email about the Preview Event on Friday 13th?

I think I've won the competition to be a discipline of Saw, so I get to experience the ride before annual pass holders on Friday

Ollie

CF Legend
^I think all annual pass holders got one. And the competition is pointless as the people who got married have ridden it, plus all their guests got to ride. And staff have ridden it. And about 100 people will be riding it on Thursday.
So that's about 250 people before it's even open on the Friday.
So that competition is hardly "Be the first to ride".

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^How do you know?

**** me, 200 pages of this ****e.

Peter

Hyper Poster
...and we break the 200 page mark!

On the subject of Thursday, I can only find us, Ride Guide,Thorpe Park Mania and the RCCGB who have been invited, and i've checked most of the big coaster sites. That's a total of 40 people - its going to be pretty quiet!

Status
Not open for further replies.