What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Unknown" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Slash said:
Furie may have failed slightly but Spicy was right on the button, I reckon he will be perfectly on the right page number. Look

spicy said:
Heres to a 200 page spam fest! :--D

I am actually looking forward to riding this, however they shouldn't have gone for a eurofighter etc...

Spicy gets a cookie

Yay.

The Blades will definitely spin, I think Mark pointed it out earlier in the topic that the pole connected to the blades goes into a box which holds the mechanism.

Re: "Unknown" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

spicy said:
The Blades will definitely spin, I think Mark pointed it out earlier in the topic that the pole connected to the blades goes into a box which holds the mechanism.

Thank you. At least someone acknowledged the fact I noticed that ages ago......

With just one week to go I will admit I have actually got a little excited about it. I don' know whether it is because it is Saw: The Ride or the fact the closed season is FINALLY over AND I have a new ride to experience... Probably the latter. As usual I will be putting together a documentary for this one which will be very interesting to see how it turns out...

Not much new then. I think they're just clearing the site now.

You probably haven't of guessed but I've secretly been looking forward to this ride for ages and can't wait to ride it. :p

^Same allthough I have never realy been on any of the big rides at thorpe or anywhere the scariest one I have ever been on is vampire/no way out. I know I will probs chicken out but I am a huge saw fan so...... Anyways what will this be like compared to vampire/no way out?....... Admitedly I didnt find vampire/no way out scary but I am still very nervous to go on this ride or any of the others! xD Its quite weird I love coasters but cant go on them but meh!

Not really news, but if you cant make the annual pass holder day read on:

Saturday 7th March 2009 - Since February 2008 Towers Nerd Live has delivered live updates on 5 separate occasions, direct from the Alton Towers Resort. With the unveiling of Thorpe Park's newest attraction, 'Saw - The Ride', taking place on Friday the 13th at a special annual pass holder event, we've decided to give it the LIVE treatment.

Work for Saw has been going on for years now, with part of Abbey Lake at Thorpe Park being filled in to create a new piece of land next to Samurai and Colossus. Last year plans were submitted for a new coaster, revealed to be a Gerstlaur Eurofighter, featuring it's distinctive 'more than vertical' drop. Work on the coaster began in June last year with the first vertical construction taking place on September 9th, and the track work being completed on October 5th, an amazing 27 days later. Just over a week on at it was revealed that the new coaster would be based on the popular horror movie franchise - 'Saw', something nobody was expecting. It will be the worlds first horror themed rollercoaster and is dubbed to be the worlds scariest ride.

So, from approximately 1:30pm on Friday 13th March, live updates direct from Thorpe Park will appear at live.thorpenerd.com. We'll bring you pictures of Saw in action and our first hand opinions once we have experienced it for ourselves.

Be sure to tune in for this special event, and see for yourself if Saw - The Ride really lives up to being the worlds scariest ride.

http://www.towersnerd.com/news/item.php?id=144[/b]

CoasterForce have been invited to the Coaster Club event on Thursday afternoon

The invite was sent to Mark early last week but he's only been able to check his emails!

Later this afternoon I will be announcing a competition where there will be FIVE places up for grabs.

We have been offered 10 places. I have already selected five members to take: myself (obviously), Peter (kind enough to drive me), Ollie (biggest Saw fanboy) and Mark and southend_marc.

The comp will be online this afternoon. Stay tuned!

2-3pm, so it's not for those still at school. If you're at legal education age, you will not be allowed to enter. I'm not being responsible for somebody skipping school to ride a roller coaster.

Ian said:
2-3pm, so it's not for those still at school. If you're at legal education age, you will not be allowed to enter. I'm not being responsible for somebody skipping school to ride a roller coaster.

Ha! Martyn H will be kicking himself now :p

Ian said:
CoasterForce have been invited to the Coaster Club event on Thursday afternoon

The invite was sent to Mark early last week but he's only been able to check his emails!

Later this afternoon I will be announcing a competition where there will be FIVE places up for grabs.

We have been offered 10 places. I have already selected five members to take: myself (obviously), Peter (kind enough to drive me), Ollie (biggest Saw fanboy) and Mark and southend_marc.

The comp will be online this afternoon. Stay tuned!

Just quoting it so it doesn't get lost on the last page. :)

ciallkennett said:
Ian said:

Ha! Martyn H will be kicking himself now :p

It's ok, he'll be running off at the start of the Live anyway, so I'm sure he's not that fussed :wink:

SF said:
But Ollie goes to college? I'm so confused now
Yes, but college is not legal, compulsory education.

Ian said:

OMG! Once in a lifetime chance and school ****s it up! JUST GREAT! :lol:

Its fair enough, I can see why you say that. (Parents wouldn't have let me bunk school anyway...)

Status
Not open for further replies.