Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Emmett said:
Just spotted on another coaster website that Thopre are having a 'Coaster Club Invitation' day on the 12th of March from 2pm - 3pm. Just wondering if CF had got any invitation. Maybe its the day when the competition winners get their turn too.

Not had an invite, not going to ask for one either, as that's not what the word invite means. If you're reading this Thorpe, my email address is ian@coasterforce.com...

Peter

Hyper Poster
Emmett said:
Just spotted on another coaster website that Thopre are having a 'Coaster Club Invitation' day on the 12th of March from 2pm - 3pm. Just wondering if CF had got any invitation. Maybe its the day when the competition winners get their turn too.

I think its just Thorpe Park Mania who have been invited. They have limited spots and you have to write a reason why you want to go to the preview day in 150 words. Winners will be chosen by TPM I assume.

http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/05-03-2009/Let-the-games-begin

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Just out of general interest,does anybody know at what point the ORP is taken?

I wouldn't mind buying one on opening day.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Not sure. The ride apparently does an on ride video of you though so it films your reactions around the ride. But I presume they'll have photos as well.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
The ride apparently does an on ride video of you though so it films your reactions around the ride.

Really!!!!!!

I didn't know that,wonder how much the video will set you back.I think I'll stick with the photo. :lol:

Louis!

Mega Poster
Peter said:
Emmett said:

I think its just Thorpe Park Mania who have been invited. They have limited spots and you have to write a reason why you want to go to the preview day in 150 words. Winners will be chosen by TPM I assume.

http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/05-03-2009/Let-the-games-begin

Actually us over at Ride Guide were invited too. We have been given an exclusive 10 places to the Coaster Enthusiast Club Event on the 12th March.

Slash

Giga Poster
Re: "Unknown" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

ciallkennett said:
furie on page 1 of 194 said:
No it wont - it'll be 500 pages of tediousness and arguments.

Furie failed. 115-120 pages of tediousness and arguments should be enough.

Furie may have failed slightly but Spicy was right on the button, I reckon he will be perfectly on the right page number. Look

spicy said:
Heres to a 200 page spam fest! Big Grin

I am actually looking forward to riding this, however they shouldn't have gone for a eurofighter etc...

Spicy gets a cookie

And here is to a topic dedicated to spam :spam:

Ok back on topic, I actually am really looking forward to the coaster, it is fairly well themed, there will be live actors and it seems a fairly good coaster layout!

kimahri

CF Legend
I had a dream last night.

Saw opened and it was ****e.

We all laughed at Ollie.

When say "we," I mean a bunch of faceless people I can't remember.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I don't get why we weren't invited?
We are the biggest no-fee coaster enthusiast website on the internet. Thorpe Park are completely mad to be ignoring our potential for advertisement by excluding us!

Their loss, not ours.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
Not had an invite, not going to ask for one either, as that's not what the word invite means. If you're reading this Thorpe, my email address is ian@coasterforce.com...
Admit it Ian, you boned the Director's wife on his desk, crapped on his keyboard, and posted the pictures on Facebook, didn't you?

Otherwise I don't understand why Thorpe actively go out of their way to **** on us (it's inconceivable that they don't know who we are by now).

I'm going to make a point of buying as little in the park as I possibly can *grump*.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Maybe if people stop being over-critical about the place and realised it's a good park with many varied, decent attractions then they'd be more welcoming.

Thorpe is not a bad place; I spent the whole of 2006 there but finanical reasons mean I can't go as often but I would if I could.

The problem lies with their success and it is the park most visted by CFers, that's why some people are over-critical. They don't need our advertising and neither do a lot other parks, but it is nice to be feel loved. Who knows, perhaps if we showed Thorpe some love, they'd show us.

The construction of this ride is more or less complete now so lets not fill this topic up with "politics" and just look forward to riding the bloody thing so we can form a proper opinion.

I can't wait to try it out a week on Saturday and I'll be riding it with an open mind.

Construction news only in this topic, please. Leave the politics to me. Enjoy CF, Thorpe and this ride for what it is, not based on past experiences and future expectations!

A

Anonymous

^^ Seeing that they are mounted with bearing's then it's pretty clear that they are made to be spinning, and also that the axle continue into a little box that is easily big enough for an electric engine.

So yeah they are most definitely made so that they would spin, but seeing that it's at Thorpe you never know... :lol: :wink:

nealbie

CF Legend
loefet said:
^^ Seeing that they are mounted with bearing's then it's pretty clear that they are made to be spinning, and also that the axle continue into a little box that is easily big enough for an electric engine.

So yeah they are most definitely made so that they would spin, but seeing that it's at Thorpe you never know... :lol: :wink:
There's not doubt that they will spin. But as loefet quite rightly points out, after a fashion they may not do anymore :lol:

marc

CF Legend
They have to, the theming on this ride must work remember this is not like other rides. They have signed a deal with the people that make Saw the movie so theming on this ride has to work.

Yes there will be times when things break no one can help that, but they have to maintain the ride and the theme.

This ride is a big deal for Thorpe and its the 1st real Merlin ride so lets see how they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.