"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
Dave said:
Did you get pinned on Speed or something? As its hard to miss -1.5g's :p

Yeah.

Of course, you can miss the "-1.5" on Speed since it doesn't exist... And with those hideous restraints, yeah...

And the transitions just scream "RAGE" at me, which has some of the most horrible transitions ever. It's weird, they build the Bobsleds with transitions that are a work of art, and then when they try to invert, it goes tits up... The whatever the hell it is after the immelman looks SO much like Rage's cutback-thing, which is GOD awful. And other than that this has... uh, that hill, and uh... the dive loop thing...

What IS there to get excited about? I don't wanna sound like a spoilt snob, but, after things like Fahrenheit last year, how am I supposed to get excited by this, basically, pathetic attempt. Anyone that still thinks this looks good, do yourself a favor and go into the Hansa Park topic. A rather small park can build something like THAT and a major park like Thorpe gives us THIS... there's something wrong with the Universe somewhere.

nealbie

CF Legend
Brookes said:
I'm starting to feel I'm the only person who thinks this looks good. :p

At the moment I'm still with you, but I'm starting to like it less and less with every new development :?

Crow

Mega Poster
It looks alright to me. Not particularly good but not bad either. I think it's going to be the themeing and the attention to detail that will make this ride.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
All I aim to get from this coaster is first ever public train on the opening day...if it's good...then maybe go on it again...if not, them may go on it again :p

Rush

Giga Poster
Well it looks okay. It's not fantastic but I reckon it'll be a fun ride.

I wonder how everyone will react to Fluch von Novgorod after it's tested.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I think it looks good. Most people saying it looks bad hated it before it was even built so I'm pretty much ignoring them.

tks

Strata Poster
Personally i've only been on on Eurofighter (Speed), but that awesome! And whoever says there is not airtime on it... Well you must just be so fat you got weighed down too much. I shot out of my seat!

I'm excited for this ride, god knows when i'll get to ride it though, Merlin can kiss my arse with their price hikes.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
Look at end of the day not everyone is going to like it, same as everything in life.

What about B&M's?, everyone here likes them.

If they had installed a new B&M everyone would have liked it. :wink:

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^ :roll:

Isn't the point of the Eurofighters to be tight turns and quick transitions?

I stand by my view of good ride, ruined by Thorpe's inability to market it to the correct audience it's meant to be, and by putting a **** theme on it...

spicy

Giga Poster
It looks crap!!! :roll:

What were people expecting it to do? Or is it just because there is now something to discuss those people that don't like it can have another pop at Thorpe?

Either way I actually think it looks quite good, some nice speed through the transitions and the first drop looks awesome.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Oh my god, this bloody topic has turned into a sausagefest fulla pre-judgmental bollocks!

Just wait until you ride the damn thing and then judge, **** sake.

marc

CF Legend
Not everyone loves B&M look what I said about Silver Star.

Cheers Ed for calling me fat lol :)

Can I just say as much as people are saying dont slag it off until you ride it, dont praise it either until you ride it :)

People have loved the coaster from day one, others have had mixed thoughts.

Mine are mixed as I have not liked one Eurofighter yet, so I will see if I like this one. The theme means nothing to me at all, its all about the coaster for me.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ Seconded

Everyone who is saying this is gonna be **** just read Errol's post and take it in, cause you don't know what its like until you've experienced it!

Ben

CF Legend
We can have a pretty good idea, seeing as most of us have quite a few coasters in the old count... so can usually tell the difference between a coaster that will be good... and ones like Saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.