What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
NickkyG said:
Actually, that's incorrent! Based on the US box office, Saw I made the least money out of all the films.

I $55,153,403
II $87,025,093
III $80,150,343
IV $63,270,259
V $56,729,973

I meant to say sequels from the third film onwards..
Each new sequel since SAW 3 made less than the previous installment.

I brought up the series longevity because I'm wondering how long SAW The Ride is going to keep it's movie theme.

No one thus far seems to have any theories. ...

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Considering I got scared (and jumped) on the BPB ghost train, it's safe to say I'm a little worried about this...

And slash, if you knew me, you'd know I act dumb a lot, (sometimes I am just dumb) but you'd also know I have one of the highest outputs of horrible jokes of anyone in the country.

Such as: What do you get if you cross snakes with english lessons?

Creative writhing.

nealbie

CF Legend
Ingested Banjo said:
What do you get if you cross snakes with english lessons?

Creative writhing.
:roll:

Ben said:
Jumping out at you wouldn't really make any sense since the Saw films are possibly the least jumpy horror films... ever.
Indeed, the "scare/horror" factor in the Saw films is more the gore and "yuck that was was disgusting!"

Slash

Giga Poster
^ I agree, thats the basis on the horror. After I watched any of them I just thought for a bit on how the hell someone can come up with something that sick.

Ingested Banjo... eugh :roll:

Jools

Giga Poster
Wow, a testing video, do you think that is good enough to put on the news bit?
I have to say it looks faster than I imagined, and it takes the airtime hill well :--D I'm happy.

marc

CF Legend
Its going round faster than I thought it would does not look like there will be hang time like on Rage so thats better.

The air time hill looks fast should give a nice pop of airtime.

Ben

CF Legend
God, it looks crap...

It seems to run like other Eurofighters, like the transitions are as square as the trains.

I think my prediction of rubbish is coming true...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I don't really like the ride. It doesn't have anything that makes it better than other Eurofigthers.

I'll wait and see what's inside the showbuilding but I don't have my hopes up. As for the coaster, I am fairly disappointed. It takes like 20 seconds to go around the circuit and the elements are nothing to be really excited.

And the trains look like cornflake boxes on wheels...

marc

CF Legend
I also agree with you 2 though the transitions are square like on the others.

I am pleased there is no hang time though, but I think the speed it comes off the first inversion is going to hurt. Its straight after the drop and its going at some speed then straightens up square, that is going to throw people around.

But will see when I get to ride it.

Ollie

CF Legend
I think it looks like any other Eurofighter. Just with a theme.
The ride looks like it has a really good pace and should have loads of airtime on that hill. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx0di2ogNBs[/youtube]

jokerman

Giga Poster
I was expecting it to go much further into the woods than that, I don't know why. It looks quite good, but I'm rubbish on rating coasters without actually going on them.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Geez,and to think I had high hopes for this.

Those transitions look far to "snappy",just watching that video has given me a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.