What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoo

The Legend
Ben said:
God, it looks crap...

It seems to run like other Eurofighters, like the transitions are as square as the trains.

I think my prediction of rubbish is coming true...

Agreed. I saw the way it moved through the transitions and it re-enforced my feelings that the ride won't be that good.

Enjoy the headbanging fellas.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Am I right in thinking that first inversion is an Immelmann?

RCDB hasn't listed the inversions yet,and can't be bothered to scroll through pages of spam. :lol:

Jools

Giga Poster
annwndog said:
Am I right in thinking that first inversion is an Immelmann?

RCDB hasn't listed the inversions yet,and can't be bothered to scroll through pages of spam. :lol:

You are correct, yes it is an immelmann

Inverse

Hyper Poster
looks good to me.. i know we're all labeled enthusiasts here, but some people posting might be beyond just enjoying a new ride.

Emmett

Giga Poster
That Immelmann looks pretty good , probably my favourite section so far. Train seems to be running at good speed throughout although will probably be different once run in and with actual people on board.

I'm a bit disappointed with the saw/spike effect on the drop and the train doesn't even get close enough to it.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ It will seem closer, especially with your arms up and remember your curving underneath it so when your heading straight down towards it you'll be thinking :

"****" :shock:

Dave

CF Legend
The transitions are fine, its only the shape of the train that makes it look wrong. If it was a B&M im sure you'd cream your little pants over it.

It looks interesting, the airtime hill won't be as intense as Speed, as it dosen't have quick and snappy crest as Speed does.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Ben said:
God, it looks crap...

It seems to run like other Eurofighters, like the transitions are as square as the trains.

I think my prediction of rubbish is coming true...

Agreed. I saw the way it moved through the transitions and it re-enforced my feelings that the ride won't be that good.

Enjoy the headbanging fellas.

Don't think so...

marc

CF Legend
Well seeing I got no air time on Speed I probably wont on this then.

Dave you say that about all Eurofighters even when everyone else says it was snappy lol :)

Go on Saw then Colossus that will set you up for the day, just dont forget the pain killers lol.

Anyway not long until we get to try it.

Dave

CF Legend
Did you get pinned on Speed or something? As its hard to miss -1.5g's :p

Hey i can't help defending Eurofighters being a Gerstlauer fanboy <3

marc

CF Legend
Was not pinned at all as I got hang time on the loop, just no air time on the hill on the 1st go on the 2nd go I got a tiny amount and I was in the back the 2nd time.

But again this might be cause of my height which seems to affect me more on these and Vekoma's more than on other makes.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
southend_marc said:
Well seeing I got no air time on Speed I probably wont on this then.

Dave you say that about all Eurofighters even when everyone else says it was snappy lol :)

Go on Saw then Colossus that will set you up for the day, just dont forget the pain killers lol.

Anyway not long until we get to try it.

...s'weird, geeks always go on about Colossus being painful, but I've never found it painful.
The OTSR's are a little uncomfortable on the shoulders/traps during the inline twists, that's it.

A painful coaster is something like Stampida.

marc

CF Legend
The bit that gets me are the in lines just to slow and i get hang time which gives me a head ache. Which I found even before I joined CF. I dont find the coaster rough.

Nick

Mega Poster
I agree with all the 'terrible' comments. To tell you the truth this doesn't look much better than Rage and A LOT worse than speed. And the whole Saw idea is still crap, I haven't changed my mind on that one.

BOOO Thorpe, I won't be going there this year for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.