What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^So as an example, if you hadn't seen the Ultimate before, with the same number of credits, would you still think it's gonna be crap because of how it looks?

Ultimate used as an example because it's the most awesome crap-looking coaster we have...

Ben

CF Legend
No.

Cause I'd have watched it in action, and realise it's in fact, insane and awesome...

Like I watched this in action... and realised it'll suck.

marc

CF Legend
What Erol said is very true as we all found out when we went to Spain :)

I had 3 people tell me Baco was ace, yet I think 10 of us thought different. But then again I thought the Ultimate was very over rated I do have very different tastes to a lot of people.

So please stop trying to ram it down my throat I am wrong to have mixed feelings about it, if I am wrong I will admit it simple.

But we need to see more of a video really as they have only shown half the ride.

But I do like the speed of it, much faster than I thought :)

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Well I think it looks ok and it has a different style to it than speed, so it's gonna be a new experience whatever for me...
As long as it has the freaky/relaxing vertical chain lift, I'm good.

EDIT:
tks wrote:
Well you must just be so fat you got weighed down too much.

Someone needs a quick phisycs lesson...[/b][/quote]

A

Anonymous

Oh No!, Where are they gonna keep the Cleaning Staff Now!?
Only Joking Lol.

Looks good, not sure on the theme though, i thought Saw lost its touch after number 3, but i guess we have to see where it goes.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Uh...

I was not looking at those...

... that may be the worst argument... ever...

Not at all...

Ben seems to ignore the fact that the water dummies are so unlike normal people in weight distribution due to the fact they have water in them... The rides end up running differently because of this factor... Vampire looked excessively weird when the 3rd train was testing with the water dummies last year...

Since our internals don't exactly move, the water dummies are only used are extra weight, and often are more heavier than the average human (definitely heavier, trust me)... Different weights affect the train in different ways, hence it could actually end up being slower when it has people on it...

In other views, how many cars is that actually going to have? I sense it's going to fail and only have like, 5... Unless more than 2 can be fitted inside the two stations, the throughput on this is going to be excessively awful...

Lofty

CF Legend
I have to say... Them trains are ****, I was expecting them to look great after several members saying they would, looking at them now, they just look so CHEAP!

Anyways, it looks as if it rides well through the course, I LOVE the last shot from under the Brake run, I don't know why, it just looks like it runs so smoothly... I cba with anyone with all that "Its a eurofighter, it won't run slow ****". Just my opinion :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
In other views, how many cars is that actually going to have? I sense it's going to fail and only have like, 5... Unless more than 2 can be fitted inside the two stations, the throughput on this is going to be excessively awful...

2 Onload.

4 Offload.

2 on the track.

Its ether 8 or 9. I can't remember which.

The cars look kinda good up close. Rather like a shopping trolly.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Im not impressed about the cars, they do look odd! The pacing of the ride does look good! Cant wait to try it out as ive never ridden a eurofighter. I agree that the lift hill should have been themed. It looks just like a pylon!!!! I just hope the station doesnt look like a electricity sub station to match the pylon!!!!!!!!

Ben

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
Ben said:
Uh...

I was not looking at those...

... that may be the worst argument... ever...

Not at all...

Ben seems to ignore the fact that the water dummies are so unlike normal people in weight distribution due to the fact they have water in them... The rides end up running differently because of this factor... Vampire looked excessively weird when the 3rd train was testing with the water dummies last year...

Since our internals don't exactly move, the water dummies are only used are extra weight, and often are more heavier than the average human (definitely heavier, trust me)... Different weights affect the train in different ways, hence it could actually end up being slower when it has people on it...

So, let me get this straight, you're arguing it'll be even worse than it already is, while trying to defend it...?

... o... k...

marc

CF Legend
I recon 3 on track at once.

One going up the lift hill, remember they can hold it there.
One on the main track before the block brake.
One on the section after the block brake.
2 trains in the station loading and unloading.

spicy

Giga Poster
After looking at the video again it makes that horrible squeaking noise that Rage makes, eww. What the hell is that noise anyway?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
spicy said:
After looking at the video again it makes that horrible squeaking noise that Rage makes, eww. What the hell is that noise anyway?

It's called dry-wheel. When wheels are new, they need time to bed in, thats all it is.

Ben

CF Legend
spicy said:

It's because Gerstauler don't put wheels on Eurofighters, they figured it was cheaper to leave them off, and just let it scrape round.

Or is that just how they ride...?

Status
Not open for further replies.