What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
I agree with Insane!

I severely doubt them putting an age rating on, they will use what walkthrough's/haunted attractins do and put posters up warning adults that it maybe scary for their kids and it is at their own risk that they take them in, that way no one can moan and say they wasnt warned, even if they haven't looked at the signs!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ultimate Coaster said:
^Or it just won't be scary to the point of needing to have an age limit.

Scary requires theming, and theming requires effort.

I think my point is pretty clear.
You imply that Thorpe cannot produce themeing to a standard which envokes atmosphere - which is bollocks.

Snoo

The Legend
jokerman said:
Thanks for wasting my time pointing that out, when it is clear what he meant.

No **** it's clear. That doesn't mean it isn't still pointless.

Bravo.. 10 more seconds of my time, which is very precious mind you, on more non-sense.

PS: There will be no age limit on this ride.. if Thorpe has any intelligence at all. But.. they did name the ride Saw.. so who knows.

Dave

CF Legend
Now looking at those plans I can properly see where the entrance paths to the area are. So it is going under the Immelman, but how? There's barely any room really.

The other path going to the island is coming off near the bit of Collossus' barrell roll that has the cage on it.

Ben

CF Legend
Joey said:
Ultimate Coaster said:
^Or it just won't be scary to the point of needing to have an age limit.

Scary requires theming, and theming requires effort.

I think my point is pretty clear.
You imply that Thorpe cannot produce themeing to a standard which envokes atmosphere - which is bollocks.

Yeah, they can (or used to be able to, we've not seen it since 03). Examples include Tidal Wave, Colossus and Inferno.

But then they have a habit of letting their themed areas go to total pot within about a year. Examples include Tidal Wave, Colossus and Inferno.

So, even if it is scary through theming, it'll only be short term.

And huh, interesting they've started to use the heavy, metal and industrial ideas I said were in the film... for the, what, shop?

I was discussing this the other day, and it's so obvious they were gonna go for something cool, and then Liongate were like "yeah, how about you call it Saw *push over cheque*"... "OK".

And yeah, that path's going to be thin people only I think.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Insane said:
The film is actually an 18 so........
I can gurantee there will be NO age limit on this ride atall.

How can you guarantee that?

I asked these questions directly to somebody very much in the know at (and whom obviously works for) Thorpe Park:

There are questions that some people have such as "Will the ride have an age restriction, like the film does?" and "Where's the sense in adding a coaster with a lower rider height limit that may be too scary for kids?" and so forth.

All I was told is that:
There is a Q&A section on the microsite for the ride, however we will choose which ones we decide to answer.

That may mean the question was dismissed as this age limit is complete bull****, or because they don't want to advertise the fact it may be restricted.

Then again, I can't see there being somebody on the queue line entrance IDing people. It's just not practical.

So I agree that that there will be no actual age limit but a recommended age as furie said.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I wouldnt say an advised age, but I think they'll have all the warnings of what the ride offers at the front of a queue, on one of those boards.

Then your height limit.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I cannot see how the age rating would work. I don't even think it will have an advised age rating, it will just explain what to expect from the ride. Like outside ANY indoor ride.

I worked at a cinema, and even there where IDing is expected people get frustrated and aggressive. Joey had lots of fun turning down kids who looked older than he was for 15 rated movies because they had no ID, but on busy says you cannot have such fun. It would simply not work in a queue line.

Advised ages wouldn't work either, because people ignore or go against them. All Thorpe can hope to do is state what is to be expected and if some peopel find it unsuitable... That's their own problem for not reading the advice at the entrance.

It'll be PG, if you will.

A

Anonymous

They will probs but advised ages. like 13 or summit and it could well say "If you want to scare your child to **** bring them on this beast." lol.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Just a quick note. On the plans it seems that there will be some sort of themeing on the first drop that the track will go through.

Good on Thorpe for sticking to the concept art.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
UncleArly said:
Just a quick note. On the plans it seems that there will be some sort of themeing on the first drop that the track will go through.

Good on Thorpe for sticking to the concept art.

As in the big one that had the hut/saws on? Or the interior one?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Erm...Just the one where the bottom of the drop goes through a building of some sort.

I presumed they scrapped it. Looks like it's going ahead.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
That would be so cool if the ride, becuase of the overhanging drop, actually started directly above the building so you're thinking how the hell do i fit through there?

Just a thought... but that would be soo cool

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Inversionperson meet Beast's second drop.

beast2.jpg

I think you two will get very along as you fly into the Rose Bowl at 50 mph. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.