What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerman

Giga Poster
They may well keep it for a while, as they will probably refering to this separately in the first season because it'll be their biggest draw. Adverts would probably say "Come and experience saw: the ride at thorpe park, with a 100 degree drop from 100ft" then say other stuff about the ride, and then say "also home to the unholy trinity of rides" and do some spiel about that.

Smithy

Strata Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
I assume there will be an official CF live to ride to this when it opens?

Not an official live, but I do think there's a meet up happening. Besides, I need to make use of my half price student tickets.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
What's going to happen to the 'unholy trinity' once this is open? :?
You haven't played the Pokémon games enough. I guess they'll become "The Elite Four".

And as for CF-Live: It will most likely be remembered for being a day of queuing. I predict the park will be jammed.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^The park is generally empty in March. I went on my birthday last year (a saturday) and it was completely empty. Yes the new ride will bring in extra guests, but if you leave it a few days after the beginning of the season, it'll die down.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This post has nothing to do with the ride but I thought I'd share this with you.

This bar chart represents hits/visits etc for the month of October. You can clearly see that the hits went through the roof on the 13th when Saw was announced and has remained higher than average since.

sawhitsjg5.jpg

Despite what anybody thinks of this ride, it's certainly got people looking for info on it. And I think any increased interest in anything theme parks can only be a good thing.

Anyway, I'll leave you to talk about the station or whatever.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^^What does each colour stand for?

Blue: Expected attendance number?
Green: Nerd factor?
Cyan: Actual attendance?

And I look forward to the day CF has become so international that every new coaster is getting topics like this. It's not impossible.

Snoo

The Legend
Eventually Poke.. eventually.

You did miss out on the Maverick topic.. which was much more epic.. but shall be surpassed by this montage of fanboy crap. :p

Snoo

The Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
^Don't deny that the Maverick topic didn't have it's fair share of fanboyisms... ;)

However yes, there is much, much more in here...

Oo no doubt. I was part of that lovely fanboy suckfest, not gonna deny it. I think it was around 300 pages or something like that.

What was worse is that it was MAINLY just us Americans posting in it.. which is down to about 6-7 people. Since this is a Thorpe and UK site, you have a plethora of people to post.

Makes our topic even more epic. :p

Jools

Giga Poster
:? All the people seem to care about on this site are who are fanboys and who aren't :lol:

Anyway, I got my whole Leisure and tourism talking about this ride, and they all seem to think that the queue will definatly be scarier than the ride.
And as the film is rated 15, they were saying that it mst probably will have an age limit, until someone cleverly mentioned that they would not what age you were, if you were 14 you could look 16 or something... Soo... that totally fails unless they use a recommendation instead

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Jewls1993 said:
:? All the people seem to care about on this site are who are fanboys and who aren't :lol:

Anyway, I got my whole Leisure and tourism talking about this ride, and they all seem to think that the queue will definatly be scarier than the ride.
And as the film is rated 15, they were saying that it mst probably will have an age limit, until someone cleverly mentioned that they would not what age you were, if you were 14 you could look 16 or something... Soo... that totally fails unless they use a recommendation instead

The film is actually an 18 so........
I can gurantee there will be NO age limit on this ride atall. There might however be some sort of guidance sign informing parents or guardians that there might be some disturbing part to the ride...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Insane said:
The film is actually an 18 so........
I can gurantee there will be NO age limit on this ride atall. There might however be some sort of guidance sign informing parents or guardians that there might be some disturbing part to the ride...

I agree - There will be a recommended age limit, but not a hard and fast "prove you're over 15" kind of age limit.

Or it will just be utter dross and no limit or recommendation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.