"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, it's very terrifying actually and I'm not one to get scared by coasters but that certainly got the heart pumping. Even as you travel through the rose bowl tunnel, it's scary. And that has no theme. A proper, raw coaster without any plastic to try and spook me out. Raw, raw, ROAR!

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
I agree! ^^^ If you think about the film... Most of the "Scary" parts are set in a basement, or some other small bare place. I think it will be a selection of small made up sets, with spooky SAW music and a few props.

But this would be fine for this sort of theme.. for me, its going to be what they do with the OUTSIDE of the building, more than whats on the inside.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^Yes, last year I was trying to hang on for dear life and hope that I wasn't about to end up with a couple of bruised ribs.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
I just watched the POV of beast, and I know it's not at all the same as riding it, but it doesn't look like that much of a headchopper. Real headchoppers have a bit of airtime before ducking into a tunnel or under a support to make you think that you're actually going to hit the tunnel.

The tunnel on the beast does look smaller than most modern coaster tunnels (was there a new restriction on how close the scenery could come to the rider? I heard something about 9 feet...) but on the POV it shows about 20m of straight track heading into the tunnel, so even with the adrenaline distorting your judgement, you would more easily be able to see that you will fit through that tunnel than say Oblivion's tunnel or similar.

My hope is that the tunnel on Saw will make it look like you will not fit through, and the speed and ejector airtime of the drop will cloud your judgement enough so that it looks like you will actually hit the roof. Maybe even have a big blade hidden underneath the roof to provide a second, surprise headchopper as you pass through the tunnel...

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
a bit of usless/random info

on wednesday ( it think the 17th or well the frist day of HHN from 10 till 10) i was able to have a chat with a few people within the customer service office about the new ride.

I found out that the creators of saw are now branching out into real life entertainment be i haunted attractions and so forth and founf they are building an all year attraction in california some where which i was told should have a higher impact then the brean (sp?) attraction.

So if this is anything to go by the inside elements such as the booby ( ha lol still such a kid and the age of 20 lol) traps i hope should be along the same line as that.

Sorry if this kind of info has been posted previously, if it has please delete!!!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Inversionperson said:
you would more easily be able to see that you will fit through that tunnel than say Oblivion's tunnel or similar.

Tbh. I don't find Oblivion's to be a headchopper at all. I just see at as a deep black abyss.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^Yeah. I don't have anything against the layout of the ride, I think it looks quite good, but if it wasn't well themed, why would you go on it rather than one of the other, better, coasters.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
jokerman said:
^Yeah. I don't have anything against the layout of the ride, I think it looks quite good, but if it wasn't well themed, why would you go on it rather than one of the other, better, coasters.

Um, I obviously haven't ridden it yet but from my good memories of speed I predict that the only coaster that will beat Saw at thorpe is Inferno... Colossus is rough and stealth is too short, flying fish is a kiddie coaster and XNWO is... well most coasters can beat that ride...

And even if the coaster does turn out to be a bit rubbish, no one has ridden it yet, and I've been on the other coasters at thorpe now enough times so that I would much prefer to ride anything new, so I think I would go on Saw instead of the other, better(?) coasters...

Oh and insane, that pic of the guy and the saw looked strangely identical to my thought of how the headchopper would look... maybe slightly less deadly...

...I just had another idea!!! Big spiky saw rotates so that the spikes would be low enough to hit a rider's head, but it rotates in sync so that the rider passes through the troughs in the spike!

(cue H+S uproar...)

jokerman

Giga Poster
^You can ride before me then. I would not trust anything that did that. At Thorpe at least, and I don't like slagging off Thorpe, but that is not the sort of thing that they can do well.[/code]

Lofty

CF Legend
Yea he was deffinetely jong lol!

I thought that seen as Fright Nights have opened alot more updates will be coming in of the coaster, it seems I was wrong, is most of the layout (or if not all) completed now?

Status
Not open for further replies.