What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

-lofty- said:
Hasn't that steel hawg, got like an 120° drop?
Well it's braked ad the top, so not a true drop in my eyes. So Thorpe have actually got the steepest drop then.

But if you wan't to count braked drops, then Cool'n'Fresh have a 135° drop and let's not forget to mention the Screaming Squirrels.

But the drop looks really good, can't wait to see more track.

Lofty

CF Legend
I agree that the drop looks really good!

I am such a fan of the saw mill/mining themed coasters, so I hope this doesnt dissapoint!

Quick question... Usually how far into contruction does it take for cars to appear?

I mean like, some coasters have them delivered before the track is even complete!

Are eurofighters usualy at a similair timing?

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
^If they do arrive before they finish the track and theming, it should give a good insite on how well the ride will be themed overal. On Mystery Mine the trains are heavily thmed and so is the rest of the ride. Lets keep our fingers crost and hope thorpe don't end up with boring cars like speed has.

A

Anonymous

The drop actually looks mint. So does the Immelman & other parts of the track, I can't wait until it's finally completed. Does anyone know when it's due to be completed?

A

Anonymous

P1020639.JPG

http://www.projectdylan.co.uk/Construction/102

Swat

Hyper Poster
I'm rocking a semi. This looks so awesome. If the themeing comes close to the impact of that this rides a winner.

Ollie

CF Legend
^^That, looks so ****ing sexy. :p

Also on the site that the picture came from it says:

The final parts of the jigsaw were lifted into place this afternoon, transforming Thorpes skyline once again. The 97 degree drop is expected to allow the cars to reach speeds of over 50mph.
So it seems the drops back to 97 degrees again now. :lol:

Ben

CF Legend
That still makes me think of a Ghetto-Griffon with the drop into an Immleman.

Still, looks better then I thought it would. Still worried it won't ride well.

And the black is making me puke.

Lofty

CF Legend
Although I do like the black and stuff, That new picture does actualy make itm look like its gonig scar the view from now on, if anyone understands me?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
From holding a protractor up to the screen i'd say it's 97 degrees, but none of hte pictures are exactly 90 degrees from the structure so it's almost impossible to say anyway.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Yay! More progress! :p

I must say this is looking like the best Euro-fighter we're going to see in this continent; the drop looks ravishing :)

This will be the second largest Euro-fighter right? I'm actually glad Thorpe didn't take this into the extremes and made it another record-breaker; thankfully Merlins focusing on the actual experience rather than planting 50 inlines in a row (Collosus :roll: ) and saying "we have a world class coaster".

This is the first coaster I've seen in a long while (UK wise) that has 50% focused on the actual theming. Last time was probably... Nemesis!? C'mon we have a backstory to this too! This is going to be OTT hyped; and admittidly I'm OTT hyping it also; I like little stories, theming and a decent ride to back it up :p

And to add; roughness never alters my experience. Heck I think Corkscrew is a rather great ride with some nice airtime, I can still cope! Only one I couldn't cope with is Stampida; but it was sh*t trains from Kumbak. And from what I've actually heard These types of rides aren't that bad in terms of comfort.

This is it from me today, I'll be back when I see something more interesting going on here.

A

Anonymous

So it seems the drops back to 97 degrees again now.

I think it's just them sticking to what they know. The 100 degrees is from a reliable source, we will see when the marketing launches around fright night.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
It does look steeper than 97 degrees, but to me so do all Euro-Fighters.

I'm liking the look of it, I really like the colour and I will get some shots of it tomorrow :)

Rach

Giga Poster
In person this thing is looking good.

Well as you already know, the Lifthill was topped off today. I didn't plan to go there today to see it being topped off. (I didn't even know that half the lift was up). I spotted two people off RCCGB standing there watching it as well. God, it was nerdy to watch.

Early in morning, the top was hanging around being looked at.

Dyl4.jpg

Then around half past 12 after seeing movement from the top of Det we wander over to see the top in the air!!

Here's 3 photos.

Dyl1.jpg

Hanging around

Dyl2.jpg

Turning it around so that it is on the right way.

Dyl3.jpg

Done!!

This video is terrible quality. But it shows it being lowered onto the structure. I do turn the camera round at some point. You can also here mine, Dave's and Nic's conversation. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV7RUHuLRvo[/youtube]

Later on in the day, we then saw the lift chain being lowered down the lift and put into place.

It's looooking gooood.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I love how undersupported it looks. Nice Pics Rach.

Lol, In the video Colossus makes so much noise, I can't here a thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.