What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
neo said:
and the station has begun to be enclosed.
I couldn't find any photo's in the link you posted showing that. :?

I can't wait for this now. Yes, everyone says Thorpe is crap and full of Chavs. But think of all the good things instead of being negative.

The construction of this ride means that the park is expanding. They are building extra islands to make the park bigger. The lake next to Stealth is also being filled in (possibly for a hotel).

And one of the main things people have a go at Thorpe now is that they don't theme their rides. Well they are now and the scale of it looks massive so that's a good thing right? :)

Even though the ride is hardly unique to the Uk (being the 3rd Eurofighter). It certainly looks like t will be ahead of the competition of the other two by miles. As they have seen what makes a Eurofighter good and they are trying to implement them into their own design to make a better one. Bigger elements, longer layout and top-notch themeing.
Merlin seem alot more capable and knowledgeable when it comes to doing things like this. They're just trying to prove that they can make things better. Even before they started constructing this they spend money on Thorpe to get some of the effects that have been broken for years working again (Colossus' waterfall, the Water cannon under Inferno's loop, and now they've added some water guns onto Loggers Leap). And hopefully they will get the fire by Tidal Wave working again in time.

So yes. I think this is a great investment by Thorpe and all those of you who think it will be crap and it will only be a half assed attempt need to have more faith in the UK's thrill capital. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
So does that mean the maintainance shed coud be right under the station just like Mystery Mine's where it was an elevator lift to the station floor?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
i like the photo (link posted by neo above) where you can see Colossus' Loop, gives perspective on the height of the Immelmann.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
now they've added some water guns onto Loggers Leap.

Which look positively awful and don't suit it whatsoever...

And was it really a good idea with so many chavs abound in the park? :roll:

The ride is starting to look smexy though...

A

Anonymous

Will Dylan prevail more popular than Stealth or Colossus?..

Ahh who cares anyways, this ride is going to be *****ng awesome! :--D

Jools

Giga Poster
I think it may have the same population as the other coasters as chavs will be amazed at the "more than vertical drop" They don't really care about anything else but the target thing like Stealths height and speed, and once stealth opened, Rita lost popularity as everyone was going to Thorpe for Stealth.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Jewls1993 said:
Rita lost popularity as everyone was going to Thorpe for Rita.
Do you mean for Stealth?
Ollie said:
Even before they started constructing this they spend money on Thorpe to get some of the effects that have been broken for years working again
Yeah, the Rumba Rapids have got effects working on them now that haven't been working for so long that I didn't realise they existed, or maybe they are new. I actually got quite wet, which was really annoying. :x

Also, poepel keep pointing out that it isn't unique to the UK, but most people in the Thorpe Park area won't have heard of any other Eurofighters, so to them, it is completely different.

Smithy

Strata Poster
That Immelman looks AWESOME. Just the positioning of it. It's quite daunting actually, as it kind of imposes itself upon the area. I hope the themeing's good, as this could actually turn out to be something special. No world beater, obviously, but a step in the right direction by all means.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Really thundering along atm. One thing that I have noticed is that if you look at one of the shots where you can see part of Colossus the ride looks relly out of place, with Colossus being a light color and Dylan being really dark...

Swat

Hyper Poster
Also, poepel keep pointing out that it isn't unique to the UK, but most people in the Thorpe Park area won't have heard of any other Eurofighters, so to them, it is completely different.

What percentage of the GP will know what try of coaster it is and most of them will of never seen one of these before I can see some people saying hey look its like that Oblivion ride at Alton Towers just be cause of the vertical drop or in this case beyond vertical drop. To be honest I can't see the GP too fussed with there being another one in the country most of them will never see another one let alone ride it.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I can imagine that will help immensely when your walking through Lost City with the bright colours around you. Then you look over to the side and you hear screams of terror. See the dark black track dominating the skyline and a sinister looking sawmill in it's own little corner. Can't wait. :D

And I'm surprised no-ones had a go at me yet for sticking up for Thorpe on the last page. :lol:

Swat

Hyper Poster
Ollie I agree with you, Thorpe seem to be out doing them selves this time, This ride looks great already I hope the themeing is going to be as good as the track looks like its going to be.

jokerman

Giga Poster
What percentage of the GP will know what try of coaster it is and most of them will of never seen one of these before I can see some people saying hey look its like that Oblivion ride at Alton Towers just be cause of the vertical drop or in this case beyond vertical drop. To be honest I can't see the GP too fussed with there being another one in the country most of them will never see another one let alone ride it.

That was my point.

Lofty

CF Legend
I do actualy think that the theming will be quiete good for this, as they are gonig out all guns blazing for the theming for Fright Nights, so why will they slack on a coaster thats gonig to be there ALOT longer then Fright Nights?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
jokerman said:

That was my point.

Though, Oblivion being the most famous ride in the UK, it didn't stop them from making this ride look like it in their advertisement. Very clever marketing I say. Create familiarity = viral marketing. Who doesn't want a local Oblivion?

Status
Not open for further replies.