What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Wow what a strange day for me at thorpe today.

Stealth finally had a rollback with me watching at about 11:30 and was barely cresting the top hat numerous times (quite amusing to watch).

A fully clothed man appeared to be "naked" in my loggers leap photo :evil: .

but not to go off topic, i was on park today and from what i saw they managed to get 3 or 4 peices of track bolted into formation, i have more of the same pics.

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t349 ... C00309.jpg

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t349 ... C00316.jpg

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t349 ... C00312.jpg

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t349 ... C00310.jpg

Sorry if the pictures are a bit naff, i was hung over.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Stealth.thorpe said:
Hooray for page 50, and the immelman being complete. Looks good so far.

Only 150 pages left now.

Yep, we've got 48 pages of arguing over the precise type of airtime the ride will generate, then another 36 pages on whether the immelman will give hang time of high G's :roll:

At least it looks like Gerstlaur are using something other than rulers to design the curves on their track nowadays :p

I reckon it looks like a superb coaster actually, and I still dont' care "it's just a Eurofighter" - it will look impressive to 99% of the people who visit Thorpe - definitely a good move on that front...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
At least it looks like Gerstlaur are using something other than rulers to design the curves on their track nowadays
To be fair, they never had much of a problem with going up and down, other than doing it too well and causing insane forces... I bet the trains are half the problem with their lacking ability to turn sideways.

As for impressiveness - yeah it looks damn well impressive. Doesn't mean it rides it, though.

I wonder if all the people who went "Thorpe would never get a floorless, too much like Colossus" and the like, have realised what a retarded logic that is, yet.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's the back corner on Speed I'm thinking of - it always makes me laugh. You can just see it in this picture here, but it's not until you're on the ride you realise just how square the 'bend' actually is:

878687224_d1258589e0.jpg

There ar epeople who still love Thorpe because Colossus looks awesome. You're right, looking good doesn't mean riding good, but most people just really don't care - they're just impressed by the whole thing, and aren't looking at 'ride quality' - just the overall impression and thrill of the looping thing coaster.

Lofty

CF Legend
Wow been very quyick indeed, I imagined it being alot steeper then that though! Coming out the imelmann that is!

Swat

Hyper Poster
Does anyone know the usual through put per hour and and guesses on amount of cars because 8 people per car cant have as high through put as Inferno for example and the queues for this will be huge.

Hopefully Thorpe try to tackle this with maybe building up the story through the queue with video clips of some of the background of the ride every 100m put a TV with a video continuing from the one before.

I didn't realise how big that first drops going to be.

Mark if you real this do you have any plans on doing a video like you did for Stealth?

Ollie

CF Legend
I think the throughput is something like 300 per hour. I may be completely wrong though but I barely remember Dave and Erol talking about it on the Skyrail at the Chessy meet.

Mike

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
I think the throughput is something like 300 per hour. I may be completely wrong though but I barely remember Dave and Erol talking about it on the Skyrail at the Chessy meet.

Well, if Mystery Mine is supposed to be 1000 riders per hour, and Rage is 850rph, then I doubt this will be 300.
Wouldn't 300pph be getting into HypersonixXLC territory?

Ollie

CF Legend
Like I said I could be 100% wrong which I probably could be. :p
You know what Thorpe are like though. ;)

spicy

Giga Poster
On the plans it has a dual loading/unloading station I think.

Therefore, if there are two trains loading and unloading at the same time throughput could be significantly higher than other Eurofighters.

A

Anonymous

Wow, I mist admit that they are throwing that up rather quickly!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the plans did look like a dual loading station as mentioned above. I think they are looking to operate a similar policy like on Oblivion where you have two trains loading at once, then you can have one on hold on that straight bit before the bend into the first drop whilst the front one completes the first brake.

There does appear to be a lot Block Brakes going in though. Four points on the station, a potential two before the first drop, one on the incline after the first bend before the inline, probably a break run and block brakes before the lift hill, a couple of points throughout the ride, finished off with the final brake run and holding points before the station.

If loading all goes wrong, I can see a lot of stacking occuring, and maybe the potential to drop the number of cars?

Pierre

Strata Poster
The fact the tracks going to be completed quite early fills me with hope that the ride will look awesome as they can focus on making it LOOK good more, once they've finished making it feel good 8)

A

Anonymous

Lets hope it doesn't turn out like the outside of CATCF at Alton. That would be abismal! 2D facade with a few 3D parts!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
It should be around 1000 riders an hour, given the amount of blocks it has.
We yet to see how many trains it actually has though but from what I can see, it'll be able to run 5 easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.