What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
That Immelman(sp?) looks lush!

I'm starting to think this may actual be quite good now. Hopefully the themeing will look as good as the ride itself.

Ollie

CF Legend
All it is is a pile of metal. No-one actually said it was going to be a fully working model. It may just be a sculpture of some sort by a student. :p

Kebab

Giga Poster
By looking at that huge Immelman itself; I can confirm this is not a family ride. However the height restriction will get some brave kids on there! Wow!

A

Anonymous

coasterchris93 said:
^Finally someone who's looking forward to its upcoming theming :)

That's probalbly the thing I am excited about most!
With a decent themeing they could gain so many more riders, and if they put effort into the 'horror' theme, then it may be more popular than Stealth and Colossus, especially on Halloween, who knows? :wink:

A

Anonymous

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!

But something that was said earlier made me think. Ok dude I'm not slanting you, or arguing in anyway but, when Dylan is brand spanking new, you think it would only rack up 300 per hour?!

I was thinking something in the region of 800-900 maybe?

Anyways just saying no-one cry about it now. :roll:

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I do not think Thorpe would have got a major thrill ride with anything under 800. Would actually be stupid up with their gate numbers.

And recently they seem to give a **** about how quickly they get riders through, too. Those timers in Colossus' and Inferno's stations?

There's an enthusiasm there to try from Thorpe since Merlin grabbed hold.

A

Anonymous

well great to see construction for dylan well under way, and when i visited on sunday the immelian loop was being put in place! Im guessing there'll be a pretty high throughput every hour. Othewise i dread to think of the queue times on opening day.

Jools

Giga Poster
Lol, sorry, but IMMELIAN :lol:

So can anyone confirm that it will be dual stationed? Seems unlikely to me.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
One thing I'm thinking,..... since Euro Fighters switched to using the Tri-track, I've noticed they use vastly less supports to hold the track up due to it's increased strength.

Thing is, I think perhaps they could be using a bit too few.
Euro Fighter support columns are significantly thinner than Intamin support columns, and that Dylan Immelman looks kinda 'hmmmmm' to me.

Remember the Spongebob coaster, I think that was the first Tri-track EF and that had a loop that was wobbling all over the place so they had to add more supports.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Jewls1993 said:

On there planning sheets it looks like there are two seperate boarding stations. So who knows if they'll do it really :?

Anyone recently saw the construction? I presume the Immelman is fully complete by now.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^^Surely any manufacturer would have learnt their lesson from that sort of thing, and they would now know how many supports they need.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Erol is indeed right...

Look at Fury, the lift hill wobbles immensely, this is to help reduce the stress and strain that would be put onto the track normally and could cause serious problems...

It's like buildings in Earthquake areas which have a certain allowance of sway to prevent too much damage occuring...

Nic

Strata Poster
Joey said:
And recently they seem to give a **** about how quickly they get riders through, too. Those timers in Colossus' and Inferno's stations?

The same ones that I've NEVER seen in use?! ;)

Just using Stealth as an example, they CAN get it right... but it very much depends whos working. Sometimes its spot on... other times its shockingly bad. If they're gonna keep the queues down on the new coaster, they're going to have to choose their ride hosts VERY carefully.

A

Anonymous

El Patricko said:
Wow what a strange day for me at thorpe today.

Stealth finally had a rollback with me watching at about 11:30 and was barely cresting the top hat numerous times (quite amusing to watch).

It was amusing rolling back lol! we thought we were gonna get stuck at first

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The exit to the Immelmann looks really cool. I love how twisty it is.

neo

Mega Poster
Well the heart line roll is now completed and the station has begun to be enclosed. Photos and a construction video are available over at:

http://themeuk.net/Thorpe_Eurofighter_C ... n_PG2.html

If we flip back the clock to January 31st 2008, theme park review received a press release about Dylan:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... p?p=521260

In which it said that Dylan will be able to have “up to 8 cars on the track” Mystery Mine can only have 7 cars on the track and that reaches 1,000 people per hour.

A Mystery Mine train completes a circuit every 2 minutes 30 seconds Dylan will be able to complete a circuit every 1 minute 40 seconds. So that considered it is possible that Dylan will exceed 1,000 people per hour and not be far behind Colossus with its 1,300 people per hour in capacity.

Jools

Giga Poster
coasterchris93 said:
Jewls1993 said:

On there planning sheets it looks like there are two seperate boarding stations. So who knows if they'll do it really :?

Maybe one side will be used to store cars in maintenance, that is a point, where is the tranfer track?

AND ANOTHER THING! Will it stay black or be painted afterwards like Mystery Mine was?

Status
Not open for further replies.