What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

CF Legend
lol at 1st I thought the ladder was the track and was going to say how thin is that, what an idiot I would have looked.

As I said before I thought it would not take long, I said 3 weeks it looks like it could be faster than that.

Lofty

CF Legend
At first so did I lol!

Its good to see that construction is gonig pretty quickly!

Its strange that Thorpe actualy allowed the site to go and take pictures as I know someone high up from another well known forum who was denied access at any time to the construction site!

Swat

Hyper Poster
The station and the building/shed covering the station and indoor part of the ride is going to be pretty big hopefully awesome themeing goes into it and it will look stunning.

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
That heartline roll looks pretty sweet.

This thing is going up fast. By the next time I check on this thread, it'll probably be complete already. :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend
I know everyone is hoping for really great theming, but it got me thinking, If it wasn't for Mystery Mine and it's theming, would we still expect it from thorpe?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yes. While Mystery Mine is a well themed Eurofighter, making it more relevent to this ride, it's not the only superbly themed ride in out there.

Most Disney rides, Duelling Dragons, Hulk, to name a few.

If Mystery Mine wasn't in existence I think we would just be comparing it to another well themed ride.

jokerman

Giga Poster
If you hav'nt already seen it o the photo's, they have basically put in the bottom of the main drop, and one thing you can't see from those photo's is the supports for what looks like some immelmans have also been put in.

A

Anonymous

I can't actually wait until this ride, will be released! It's going to be so good :--D Oh and by the way, just to prevent arguments, that's my opinion, so don't leave comments like 'You fag, Euro-Fighters are so gay'. Also does anyone have any info on when the Hotel is going to be built? :--D

Jools

Giga Poster
DanielSon92 said:
I can't actually wait until this ride, will be released! It's going to be so good :--D Oh and by the way, just to prevent arguments, that's my opinion, so don't leave comments like 'You fag, Euro-Fighters are so gay'. Also does anyone have any info on when the Hotel is going to be built? :--D

No, I agree, I love eurofighters!

And I am not entirely sure, so don't have a go at me anyone, but I believe the Hotel plans were canceled until 2010ish, if not, canceled all together.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I don't think it's going to be a good coaster, but it will be a pretty good ride and it willl be an awesome addition to Thorpe Park.

By "not a good coaster" I mean it will have little or no re-ride value.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I think the hotel plans were postponed, especially now that Chessington has a hotel, and you can get to Thorpe from there.

Lofty

CF Legend
^Yes. While Mystery Mine is a well themed Eurofighter, making it more relevent to this ride, it's not the only superbly themed ride in out there.

Most Disney rides, Duelling Dragons, Hulk, to name a few.

If Mystery Mine wasn't in existence I think we would just be comparing it to another well themed ride.

I was mainly reffering to Mystery Mine as the themed Eurofighter, I didn't mean all rides out there!

Kebab

Giga Poster
Whoa! This is shooting up extremely fast; I hope it will have a decent drop because this will be my first ever Euro-fighter.

Joey said:

Why not? If its on a rare "empty park" day; you will only ride it once? It looks plenty times better than both Colossus and Stealth; on par or if better than N:I.

I am really looking forward to this! Its not often we see a custom-Eurofighter with a layout as interesting as this.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
coasterchris93 said:
Whoa! This is shooting up extremely fast; I hope it will have a decent drop because this will be my first ever Euro-fighter.

Joey said:

Why not? If its on a rare "empty park" day; you will only ride it once? It looks plenty times better than both Colossus and Stealth; on par or if better than N:I.

I am really looking forward to this! Its not often we see a custom-Eurofighter with a layout as interesting as this.
Colossus lacks re-ridability too. For me, it's mainly due to uncomfortability.

Speed was running awesome when I last rode it - but It still gave me a headache after a couple of rides.

Kebab

Giga Poster
^Still you can't judge whether this is going to be uncomfortable or not; we'll have to see the trains end results. Besides; the roughness of coasters doesn't bother me, I can cope with Corkscrew fairly easily and still re-ride, its only to the extent if it leaves physically sick in pain I won't re-ride (Stampida)

Lofty

CF Legend
I think joey was comparing to other Eurofighter's he has ridden, in that case, he may be right about the uncomfortability?

Status
Not open for further replies.