What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Can we end this 18 age limit talk because it is REALLY pointless. It's not happening.

Kebab

Giga Poster
southend_marc said:
The type of ride they have gone for is a family ride that 8 year olds can ride people would angry if they took their family and they could not ride as they were not 18 yet tall enough.

This isn't particularly a family coaster though. Its bigger than both N:I and Colossus; the drop is beyond vertical; it has several inversions and is themed around some sort of murder case or horror. It just has a restriction of 1.2, meaning brave kids will ride and others will cry about it. I think it makes N:I seem more family friendly, a "family" coaster would be on the lines of BTM or Spinball Whizzer.

Its like RnR; it has a height restriction of 1.2 but launching 0-60, pulling 5G's and travelling through inversions in the dark doesn't make it a family ride at all :roll:

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's about size though. Although Inferno may be tamer in terms of the forces it puts on the rider in comparison to 'The-Thorpe_Furie', the fact that it's much smaller and less imposing in terms of the size of it means little kids are much more likely to want to ride it.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Actually coasterchris93, its 5ft smaller than colossus.
Anyway, the Eurofighter will give more option to younger visitors coming to Thorpe Park and overall, it's a better business decision to go with a ride with a smaller limit than the flying coaster. Don't forget, it aint the parents that take the kids to a theme park, the kids take the parents and if this is a way to bring more of that type of business in, then so be it. It's still going to be a hardcore ride, all Eurofighters are and if it's anything like Speed, then YER BABY!

One Eurofighter please.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^I wouldn't say that N:I is small and not imposing. Espescially since you can walk right under and around it, and it's a B&M which has big chunky box track. Yes, it isn't as high, but it has a fair amount of force itself.

It isn't about size though, because I used to refuse to go on Hex at Alton because I was too scared, even though I was easily big enough. Theming it in a horror style makes a big difference.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I meant the Eurofighter was smaller and less imposing. NI is the complete opposite, as you've said.

Ollie

CF Legend
Vampire is horror themed and that doesn't have an age rating.
Oh and Duel has an 18 age rating because of all the zombies and gore. :roll:

Seriously, those who think there will be an age rating need to look up the word 'gullible' in the dictionary. All it took was one twat on the video comments page to start a rumour and everyone thinks that it may happen.

Seriously... think about it.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Smithy said:
I meant the Eurofighter was smaller and less imposing. NI is the complete opposite, as you've said.

I do believe kids will see it as imposing; with its 100 foot "over-vertical" drop, and its eerie atmosphere (not saying it will, but hopefully). To kids the large B&M box track wouldn't mean anything; I was quite definately more scared of Colossus than N:I when I was younger, the narrow track makes it look a lot bigger.

Would 5 foot look a difference to kids? :roll:

A

Anonymous

I keep saying this but has anyone got pics from today, we haven't had any in about 5 days now and I have been told it's shooting up.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This is from RCDB:
p22308.jpg

And I don't think it has been posted here.

I wonder if any Eurofighter ever will get the same hype on here as this one. Or any coaster around the 100 ft. mark, for that case (Maverick excluded).

Kebab

Giga Poster
I haven't seen any recent photo's; but by the sounds of things it hasn't grown any further than the station area. We should expect the lift hill to pop up in a few days time hopefully.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
coasterchris93 said:
I haven't seen any recent photo's; but by the sounds of things it hasn't grown any further than the station area. We should expect the lift hill to pop up in a few days time hopefully.

Wow, Atleast someone around here is correct. But yeah.. The lift hill tower is now partly up, so the full height of the lift hill should be up pretty soon.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
No surprises this is the most popular thread in here. ;)

There's no way TP are going to impose an age restriction on this and limit their potential rider-ship ?/... That makes no sense at all.

You know, with the new Tri-track and promising upcoming theming, this coaster is looking pretty tasty..

Status
Not open for further replies.