What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
Just watched the new video!

Its so annoying when you watch the video ans then have to wait another month to view the next one!

Love how they could be releasing alot of details next month, or maybe just a bit more about the theme will do!

A

Anonymous

-lofty- said:
Just watched the new video!

Its so annoying when you watch the video ans then have to wait another month to view the next one!

Love how they could be releasing alot of details next month, or maybe just a bit more about the theme will do!

Took the words out of my mouth haha! :)

Mark

Strata Poster
They could reveal the name of the ride next month???

Anyways, I love viral marketing and this is brilliant, trying to get people interested in the ride long before it opens. Naturally, that can back fire, because it could end up an over hyped entity. I hope that the time they have spent marketing this one pays off for them.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Who's that on the 19th second of the video? :roll:

It could be called "unknown" by the way some random freak appears on the screen very quickly a second after he says it...

Also on the image he shows; can you make out a face?

And those keys could be for the mill.. Who knows what it is?

marc

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
I reckon the main drop will be built for Halloween, if not, the whole track.

I recon the whole track will be ready in 2 weeks, it really does not take long to build these coasters as we can see.

I even said to Mark last night I wonder if and its a big if they could get it open for Halloween. It will be the theming that takes the time though and thats probably why it will not open until next year.

A

Anonymous

I heard from a website that the coaster is called Chainsaw Massacre...

Jools

Giga Poster
The website coasterdreams14 is talking about said it "could" be called that as it is supposed to be themed around the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and may contain clips from the movie in the dark section, but surely there wouldn't be enough time in the dark section to see a film, unless there is a pre-movie...

Swat

Hyper Poster
If it was Themed to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre it would be a 18 rating because the film is. They would b breaking the law.

Swat

Hyper Poster
The films an 18 the rumored age limit is 16 showing a 18 rated film to anyone under 18 is against the law

Ben

CF Legend
You don't have to show them the film to theme it to the film... You don't ride the Mummy with it playing on TV screens around you, do you?

Besides, I bet my left testie it won't be Texas Chainsaw themed, so it doesn't matter.

And an age limit because of the "horror" nature? Bollocks. Is there a 16 limit on the mazes? No? And if it's as bad as the mazes, I'll cut off my right testie.

Ben

CF Legend
You mean the game booth where you play an age restricted game?

Yeah, that's not a maze. Good one.

Swat

Hyper Poster
"Thorpe Park’s fifth maze, yes fifth maze! Is called Dead Space and has an 18 certificate! However this is a touring attraction, themed to a video game that is to be released and will only be open on selected dates."

Ben

CF Legend
That is actually not an official quote. In nothing official is it called a maze, like, say, oh the actual new maze is?

It's going to be a, and I have a quote for you here...

"The Dead Space thingy is just a game demo that will be running like 4 nights in october by EA games. YOU WILL HAVE TO BE 18+ as the game itself has an 18+ certificate. You just go into a makeshift tent and play a level of the game. "

It's basically an advert.

Swat

Hyper Poster
Yeah but if they have an attraction with 18+ about a game, What makes it right to show theme a ride about a 18+ Movie and not have to apply a age rating? If its just called Texas Chainsaw Massacre with no video clips thats fair enough but if videos are show of an 18+ film surely they would need to apply a 18+ rating. Time will tell. I can almost be 100% sure it won't be named after a film.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Enough! This is about the ride, not a bloody maze or advert or whatever!

It's no wonder these topics end up 4000 pages long and it's all meaningless crap!

Ollie

CF Legend
Ben. :p

I asked on Haunted Attractions:

TOTT said:
Is it confirmed that the Dead Space attraction will be a 5th maze as Thorpe usually don't do things with age ratings as they want everyone to experience it. The game 'Dead Space' is rated 18 so it may just be a tent with PS3's set up for people to test the game as I don't know where they could put it if it was another maze.
And this is the reply I got from Michael (one of the people who run HA).

Michael said:
Trust us TOTT. It may not be big but it is a valid scare attraction with several rooms and will be available on selected nights during Fright Nights
SOURCE
So I hope that clears that up. :p

Anyway back to the coaster that this topic is about. I don't think they will reveal the name next month as they don't usually reveal the names of rides until later (but this may be different).

I hope they do what they did with Oblivion. Something like putting some temporary themeing up such as barriers and gate saying keep out and some vans from investigators and stuff to make a scene.
Remember the hype around Oblivion where they kept it all a secret with security patrolling the construction site with massive "keep out! top secret!" signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.