What's new

"SAW - The Ride" - Eurofighter for Thorpe Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Jewls1993 said:
Actually I still have a feeling the story is that the mad ass that stole the blue prints and stuff, will kill the workers with a saw or an axe or something, hmm, sounds quite good to me :p

Wait, isnt the killer in Saw called Dylan?

Hmmm...i thinked ive cracked the mystery of Project Dylan's name :D

+ the "zero-g roll" looks like a barrel roll :p Don't look like it'll be taken like a zero-g either...

Kebab

Giga Poster
ciallkennett said:
Jewls1993 said:
Actually I still have a feeling the story is that the mad ass that stole the blue prints and stuff, will kill the workers with a saw or an axe or something, hmm, sounds quite good to me :p

+ the "zero-g roll" looks like a barrel roll :p Don't look like it'll be taken like a zero-g either...

You are a bloody genius! You may have cracked what its based on their. I don't like the name "saw" though, it just doesn't sound effective. By the way half of the videos are left leaving surprises, and how it contains the 97 degree drop, i won't be shocked if it was called cliffhanger!?

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
Jewls1993 said:

The killer in saw is called John..............

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
silenthillXD said:
ciallkennett said:
Jewls1993 said:

The killer in saw is called John..............

Damn... :lol:

EDIT: The director of the saw movies is called Darren Lynn Bousman (Dylan?)

+ the themeing of PD is a 'saw'mill

Hmmm...

Ben

CF Legend
That's a brilliant idea! Spend all the money on rights for a film, and then theme it to something absolutely nothing to do with the films!

Great!

Ben

CF Legend
I fail to see how in any way, shape or form being sensible about the naming of a ride is the same as moaning?

If it had been anything official, yes, but it wasn't...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I quite liked that video..Better than the last one anyway.

There are quite a few clues in there the guy mention "We cannot give away detail of the device" Or something like that.

Device, what could that be about?

Either way..I'm interested in the theme more than the ride tbh.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I hope this goes well. Last time Thorpe tried to build a ride where the theme was as if not more important than the ride, we ended up with X:\\NWO. Let's hope that this one doesn't turn out the same way.

Kebab

Giga Poster
jokerman said:
I hope this goes well. Last time Thorpe tried to build a ride where the theme was as if not more important than the ride, we ended up with X:\\NWO. Let's hope that this one doesn't turn out the same way.

That was years ago when Thorpe though they could get away by putting a ride in the dark and playing cheesy sfx on loop. This is Merlin's chance now! :--D

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
jokerman said:

I don't think Merlin will scuff it up to be honest. They look like they have planned it well.

Emmett

Giga Poster
It seems like they are theming this to a horror style seeing as the number 13 has come up again and the clues from the lastest video.

I'm starting to like the build up to Dylan, and its looking good from the photos of the new track section.

Looking forward to seeing the next announcement on the 13th of October.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ben said:
I fail to see how in any way, shape or form being sensible about the naming of a ride is the same as moaning?

If it had been anything official, yes, but it wasn't...

And yet again, you see right through my humor...

Awwww shnookems, you're so cute.

Jools

Giga Poster
Oh yes! The next video or whatever will be released the day after my birthday :--D

And I reckon they will probably have the track up by Christmas, and the theming will take the longest, so I hope they open it on its opening, day, but I should be visiting thorpe in October and June of next year, so fingers crossed.

Anyway, can someone remind me what they changed in the track plan, I can't remember :?

Jools

Giga Poster
Jewls1993 said:
neo said:
Jewls1993 said:
Anyway, can someone remind me what they changed in the track plan, I can't remember

They changed the track by replacing the MCBR after the stall turn with an airtime hill. This removed an inversion in the process. They also changed the last Immelman to a Dive Loop.

Lots of photos from the 13th can be seen here:

http://s339.photobucket.com/albums/n464 ... mview=grid

At least they got rid of the MCBR, I hate them!

EDIT: oops, sorry, I didn't mean to double post

Status
Not open for further replies.